7-11 Value Card

sushi5734

Hi there just myself a 7-11 value smart card and not really sure how it works the instructions are in Thai (as you would expect) and my Thai isn't good enough yet to understand when I asked the staff at my local 7's.

I thought it might be like card where you accumulate points to then redeem but that doesn't seem to be the case I am assured that they are really good but just don't know how yet!! :o

Can anyone help?

You just load the card up with money (I add 3000 baht at a time). Be sure to get a receipt after loading. Then you use it for all purchases by handing it to the shop assistant and she scans the card. Again, always get a receipt after purchases.

On your receipt, you will see your points mounting up and these can be redeemed for items at a later date.

It is a very good idea, because it takes the hassle out of using cash and getting change. Plus, I give it to the Mrs, to use sometimes because no signature is required.

The sad thing is, not many people have taken it up, if they did those 7-11 queues would lessen.

You just load the card up with money (I add 3000 baht at a time). Be sure to get a receipt after loading. Then you use it for all purchases by handing it to the shop assistant and she scans the card. Again, always get a receipt after purchases.

On your receipt, you will see your points mounting up and these can be redeemed for items at a later date.

It is a very good idea, because it takes the hassle out of using cash and getting change. Plus, I give it to the Mrs, to use sometimes because no signature is required.

The sad thing is, not many people have taken it up, if they did those 7-11 queues would lessen.

what good are the points for? plastic this and that you will wish you never got in the first place. personally, unless a discount is offered on all purchases, I see no value in handing over cash to 7/11 in advance.

But the problem is when you loose them somebody else can spent the money because no signature is required.

But the problem is when you loose them somebody else can spent the money because no signature is required.

yes, imagine losing one or two thousand baht. the horror.

hmm so do you get a discount with the card or is it just the points? I've seen to posters in the shop 100 points for a beer cooler 200 for a chair etc. I know a Thai guy who gets credit automatically sent to his true mobile everytime he buys something - I'm on AIS which is shame!

It is a very good idea, because it takes the hassle out of using cash and getting change.

and leaves nowhere to spend say 12 baht to change a 1000 note so you can now get the taxi you wanted and able to pay 10 bht.

I'm sure it would be ok to use cash on the odd occasion if you wanted...... :o

totster :D

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I still have no clue how this point-and-sticker system works... :D

(And as I'm just a useless farang girl, who followed her husband to LOS, there are unfortunately no Thai ladies around to explain it to us :) )

So, any hints regarding how to use these stickers and what to do with the collected points shown on the receipts are really greatly appreciated! We are already descending into tons of sneaky smiling Donald Duck tags and this stuff is starting to make me aggressive...

Many thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry for bringing up this topic again, but I still have no clue how this point-and-sticker system works... :D

(And as I'm just a useless farang girl, who followed her husband to LOS, there are unfortunately no Thai ladies around to explain it to us :) )

So, any hints regarding how to use these stickers and what to do with the collected points shown on the receipts are really greatly appreciated! We are already descending into tons of sneaky smiling Donald Duck tags and this stuff is starting to make me aggressive...

Many thanks!

As i understand it, the little silver ones have the value of one baht and can be used in the same way as money (obviously only at 7-11), and the bigger gold ones have the value of three baht.

what good are the points for? plastic this and that you will wish you never got in the first place. personally, unless a discount is offered on all purchases, I see no value in handing over cash to 7/11 in advance.

i agree, this store value cards type of things are a happy scam. cashless society bs. image if the interests generate on all the money collected if everyone put money in their cards.

Most 7-11's have a poster on the wall for applying stickers to. This is for tamboon to some wat or another. Just leave the stickers on the counter and say tamboon and they'll apply it to the poster for you.

Or keep them for themselves perhaps. :)

(not that i would begrudge them)

Hi there,

Many thanks!

Your post is confusing. I don't know if you are talking about the card or the Disney stickers.

Anyway, if it's the stickers, you need to stick them on one of those orange mickey-mouse shaped forms they give at 7/11. You can either pay for regular items (no alcohol or cigarettes though) with them (small ones = 1THB, big ones = 3THB) or you can exchange them for one of the items shown on the big posters in the shop, like the chairs, value cards, plastic containers, etc...

If you are talking about the card, you can pay with your points instead of your regular card cash. Once again, not for cigarettes or alcohol. Be careful, those points expire after a while. I believe that 50 points is one baht but you may want to check...

S

Hi there,

Many thanks!

Your post is confusing. I don't know if you are talking about the card or the Disney stickers.

Anyway, if it's the stickers, you need to stick them on one of those orange mickey-mouse shaped forms they give at 7/11. You can either pay for regular items (no alcohol or cigarettes though) with them (small ones = 1THB, big ones = 3THB) or you can exchange them for one of the items shown on the big posters in the shop, like the chairs, value cards, plastic containers, etc...

If you are talking about the card, you can pay with your points instead of your regular card cash. Once again, not for cigarettes or alcohol. Be careful, those points expire after a while. I believe that 50 points is one baht but you may want to check...

Sorry for confusing you, nicolas, I was talking about the stickers and the card. And thanks a lot for your reply, it finally brings some light into the darkness :D !

In Hong Kong (and I guess Singapore) a cash card can be used for mass transit, fast food, 7-11, etc. Rather than having to buy a subway ticket, you just walk up to the gate, scan the card and walk through. Then do the same upon exit and it deducts the fare based on how far the trip was. On the bus, you hold it to the scanner and it takes the fare out. No need for a specific transit card, it works on them all.

In 7-11, restaurants, or for movies, they total it up and you scan the card.

If the one in Thailand expanded to mass transit, chain restaurants, and food court cards it would be a great convenience. Unless someone eats KFC 3 times a day, 500 or 1,000 baht would last a long time before needing to recharge.

http://www.octopus.com.hk/get-your-octopus...t/en/index.html