I Want To Come Back Thailand!

So I'll try to explain my situation as simply as possible, any help or advice would be great.

Last year from May till November I was teaching English in Thailand. It was my first time in Thailand and I was working for a private school. I was one of two foreigners at the school and my experience was difficult. Regardless of my bad job I fell in love with Thailand. Unfortunately in October I got a call from my parents telling me they were going through bankruptcy. I decided I had to go home. I left unannounced and felt good sticking it to the school that had treated me so poorly as a guest in their country.

It is now Febuary and I have a ticket to BKK in April. I have a few contacts and hopefully I'll be able to find a job. My question pertains to the fact that I already have a work permit. Granted it was for my last job, but i was wondering if it can be renewed with a new employeer. I would rather not go through the hardship of obtaining a new one. I also had a non B 1 year visa, which is now expired and I will have to figure out the logistics on that.

After the fact I feel sort of bad about ditching my old school as it might come back to bite me... but they really treated me like dirt.

Any comments?

You will have to start all over again for the work permit. It can only be renewed for the same employer.

You should get at at least a 2 entry tourist visa before coming back that would give you 6 months to get things going again.

Or a non-o visa to vist friends from the Hull consulate. This visa would make it easier to change to a work extension. A multiple entry woould give you about 15 months total doing border runs every 90 days.

Your unannounced departure wouldn't have done much for your reputation at the school, but AFAIK the Labour Department doesn't collect performance appraisals from employers. :o The school would have been required to inform the Labour Department of the termination of your employment but there should be no repercussions for a subsequent work permit application on your behalf.

Of course, if your next potential employer asks for references...