Cbr150 Vs Suzuki Raider 150

Vato

Dohh....!! my rear seat flew off somewhere and i had to go to the dealer for a new one - 600 baht... going to check on the price of a new front seat also, the foam appears to be more supportive and a slightly differet design, which is suspected to be kinder on the family jewels.

anyone ever change the rear brakes? im going to replace the rotor (800 baht dealer-500 baht private shop) , rotor looks easy enough, but the rear calipers...i couldnt see where to disengage them, or does this require the rear wheel to come off to change the pads?

id rather stick with a simple drag than a run around a track...keeps things simple and less room for driver error...need to get a tiger boxer 250 in on it too...

i know a good place to run a 1/4 mile, should be long enough to hit top speed and in an area of low wind...i have a feeling im going to get obliterated by neverdie's friend's souped up raider...lol

Dohh....!! my rear seat flew off somewhere and i had to go to the dealer for a new one - 600 baht... going to check on the price of a new front seat also, the foam appears to be more supportive and a slightly differet design, which is suspected to be kinder on the family jewels.

anyone ever change the rear brakes? im going to replace the rotor (800 baht dealer-500 baht private shop) , rotor looks easy enough, but the rear calipers...i couldnt see where to disengage them, or does this require the rear wheel to come off to change the pads?

id rather stick with a simple drag than a run around a track...keeps things simple and less room for driver error...need to get a tiger boxer 250 in on it too...

i know a good place to run a 1/4 mile, should be long enough to hit top speed and in an area of low wind...i have a feeling im going to get obliterated by neverdie's friend's souped up raider...lol

NO Vato, I promise I will bring my raider :P :jerk: ..... plus i've only got enuf nitrous for two runs :wai: .

Whats going on with the seat thing dude, ur obviously going really fast or forgot to secure it properly?

I havent been stopped by the BIB for over 6 months, yesterday I got stopped & had a friendly little chat with them & today they stopped me again....seems one of them wants my bike, as during both stops nothing was discussed except for the bike. Weird :o ....maybe they want me to donate it to them :burp: .

I need to clean my carby & buy some new tyres, I want to try something different, something made outside thailand (im looking for extra grip for when the nitro kicks in). :D:D:D:D

ps: did i mention i wish i had a real bike again. PSS: Whats the real point of running these 250ies against the 150ies or are we looking at seeing the difference in the 250ies running together.

By the way Vato, are we going to get locked up for street racing....should I bring a toothbrush??

the rear seat lock is cheesy, you can just pull on the back and it comes off...or if your going through a rough section of road, if your butt lands on the front edge of the rear seat just right it'll pop right up and off...im going to secure it with some neo magnets...had a can of chainlube stolen fom under the seat last week.

i need to change my plug out, but havent located a proper spark plug tool yet...how does removing the rear brake reservoir affecting the rear brakes on your raider?

Just wanting to see how much of a performance difference there is between a high reving 150 and a low reving 250 (tiger).

wanting to try out a new silencer for this bike, but may end up trying to make one instead, heck couldnt be too hard...dont worry about the BIB or the toothrush, this stretch of road is barricaded off and in the middle of two rice paddies 3 lanes each side/6 total, no cars...its around the outer ring road/chonburi expressway.

going down rama 9 crossover the srinakarin intersection, then exit onto the side road running parralel...keep going straight until the road curves left, about 5 kilos after there will be a u-turn (first u-turn, not second) going underneath the outer ring road, take it...then go right....then your absolute first left...keep going down through a right then left curve, crossing a klong and go left at the 3 way intersection.

when you get to the end of the road, veer right and cross the bridge to your right, its here...there's a really nice klong underneath the bridge that looks like good fishing.

we need an action sports photgrapher for the finish line shot :o

Edited by Vato

Don't rush to plan this, i need to do a few things first, like i posted in another thread, my helmet went backwards off a 6 foot fence the other day onto concrete & I must replace before riding any further than the local corner feed shop. I must do tyres & I'm trying to line up a friend in bkk who modified my carby.....I want him to take a look at it, its filthy dirty but somethings not quite right....its stock carby with needle modifications - splt dik kind of stuff.

I bought a set of alloy NUI racing pegs/gear changer etc & the dam_n brake resovoire was in the way, so I pulled the sucker off, theres a few inches of hose leading up to the unit, so I topped up the hose and capped it off & ziptied it away neatly, its all good, theres enuf brake fluid, dont need half a litre floating around doing nothing. It only does 20-30 of my braking anyway....the braided stainless lines & bigger discs are what made all the improvement to the braking system.

gotta go back later....as I said, don't rush, im super lazy at the moment & relying on others to help me out....I hate carbys. Looking forward to the meet though, i reakon it will be as funny as hel_l. :o

please keep date & time off the forum, i will explain to you why later in pm.

chow for now

vato i assumed you would know i was referring to similar types of engines cbr/raider

aswell as capacity

and again talking small cc bikes

so if i grab an old 2 stroke 125 and work it a bit

the 4 bangers will only smell the sweet smell of castor oil and race gas! :o

yes seems the sonic is the choice of thai competition drag races

i have a bunch of photos of 4 or 5 bikes in a shop in chonburi

all bar 1 were sonics

vato i assumed you would know i was referring to similar types of engines cbr/raider

aswell as capacity

and again talking small cc bikes

so if i grab an old 2 stroke 125 and work it a bit

the 4 bangers will only smell the sweet smell of castor oil and race gas! :D

yes seems the sonic is the choice of thai competition drag races

i have a bunch of photos of 4 or 5 bikes in a shop in chonburi

all bar 1 were sonics

Yeah theres a fellow near my place thats doing up 2 stroke hondas 125cc, hes doing a great job and they are really quick. I love 2 strokes :o

ok, no rush...but i was thinking if we get a group of riders, we can head up to bang pu for a drink on the water at bangkok bay afterwards, not too far from the bangna/ srinakarin intersection.

ahh, i love two strokes...last 2 stroke was a honda FSX 150, almost fully done up except for the crank.

1.advanced ignition

2.clutch pressure plate remove

3.clutch springs

4.exhaust with silencer

5.intakes ported

6.jets

7.ECU

8.needle plug

9.415 chain and sprocket

i was going to do the reeds to, but when i opened them up...they were in close resemblence to Boyeseen reeds.

Back then Yamaha TZM was the most powerful bike, but the soi gangs liked the Kawa KRR for hoodlum appeal...Only old people rode the NSR...and you had to be careful around the souped up LS 125's with spokes.

btw found a 5 year old raider for 20k...too much for 5 years?

I dunno Vato, depends on the condition of it, if its tidy or had some work done on it, 20 might be okay....I was actually waiting to speak to a contact I had to see if he new of a raider engine anywhere for you.

sounds like a good day, ive just got a few things on the burn at the moment so i cant be bothered running around to get everything done on the bike.

As for the 2 strokes, I remember riding a Suzuki RGV250, it was absolutely wicked, about 4 seconds to 100km/h, something like that & went like the powers of piss all the way to about 190-200km/h, more if you had a tail wind. What a great fun bike with a powerband that could make even the bravest of riders pucker his backside :o

Gotta luv strokers :D

I dunno Vato, depends on the condition of it, if its tidy or had some work done on it, 20 might be okay....I was actually waiting to speak to a contact I had to see if he new of a raider engine anywhere for you.

sounds like a good day, ive just got a few things on the burn at the moment so i cant be bothered running around to get everything done on the bike.

As for the 2 strokes, I remember riding a Suzuki RGV250, it was absolutely wicked, about 4 seconds to 100km/h, something like that & went like the powers of piss all the way to about 190-200km/h, more if you had a tail wind. What a great fun bike with a powerband that could make even the bravest of riders pucker his backside :o

Gotta luv strokers :D

i used to race a honda cr500 mx bike, my arms are now 2 cms longer...lol

Hey boys there's a Raider150 on Thai classifieds for 19,000baht bargain :o
bikes in pattaya, to far...id have one hel_l of a ride coming back to bangkok.

id probably go with a newer one, with the electric start and fuller fairing, just gotta wait to swoop down on one once it pops up...my friend picked his up for 8000 baht, but was one of those 'need to sell fast' kind of things.

Hey boys there's a Raider150 on Thai classifieds for 19,000baht bargain :D
bikes in pattaya, to far...id have one hel_l of a ride coming back to bangkok.

id probably go with a newer one, with the electric start and fuller fairing, just gotta wait to swoop down on one once it pops up...my friend picked his up for 8000 baht, but was one of those 'need to sell fast' kind of things.

Buying one of the newer ones won't guarantee you electric start as it was an option. My Raider was one of the last batch of bikes out of the factory & I don't have electric start....but I wish I did. :o