Motorcycle Insurance

biker Bob

Can it be true that i have to pay 20.000 baht a year for 1st class insurance on a bike that is 9 years old and worth maybe 210.000 thousand baht. If that is the case i find very expensive.

Jan.

It is very expensive. I've got 1st class comprehensive insurance with Muang Thai for about 26k a year for a bike worth 900,000THB. It was arranged through the dealers though.

Can it be true that i have to pay 20.000 baht a year for 1st class insurance on a bike that is 9 years old and worth maybe 210.000 thousand baht. If that is the case i find very expensive.

Jan.

Rip-off factory anyone? That's nearly the same as I'm paying on a top end group 20 sports car back home! :o

In a lot of cases I think you'd be better off just having TPCL (third party) as the prices for insurance here are akin to the west.

As long as you wear armour, don't destroy your bike (a lot of the time you can get it fixed on low to medium damage cheaply enough) and don't injure anyone else the statistics will be on your side.

Just don't quote me on the stats though :D

Edited by JimsKnight

Hi JimsKnight, 3rd party? Foolish choice. You need 1st class insurance to get the bail bond included. Or would you be happy sitting in a Thai gaol until the matter is resolved.

In the TVI tables the insurance isn't that expensive...or is that for 3rd class insurance. Might go have a look!

PS: I stand corrected, the bail bond up to 200.000baht is included in 3rd class insurance. 3rd class less than 3000baht a year. But I would still rather have 1st class insurance!

Edited by BSJ

Jan.

It is very expensive. I've got 1st class comprehensive insurance with Muang Thai for about 26k a year for a bike worth 900,000THB. It was arranged through the dealers though.

Hi RusticCharm, for a 900.000 Baht bike i find it ok, but not on a bike worth 210.000. In Denmark i paid about 18.000 baht a year on a 500.000 baht bike.

Jan.