Anyone Lost Ubc Sat (true) Today 4 Feb ?

LivinLOS

As per the title..

Lost sat earlier in the day (snr dropped to 50%, 0 agc, ber) and was intermittant for a bit.. But solid gone now..

UBC thier usual unhelpful lot.. I use dreamboxes and so they become doubly hostile (or fail to comprehend that anyone might use an aftermarket STB).. I have put the true topfield junk all back in the system but thats even less useful for error codes or fail problems. It wont update to anything useful.

UBC maintain they are not having any outage.. So wondering if a setting has changed and my boxes cant auto update ??

Everyone else watching fine ??

I have had UBC on since 5pm (it is 10pm now) here in Chiang Mai, it it has been working fine on my Dreambox and Topfield.

As per the title..

Lost sat earlier in the day (snr dropped to 50%, 0 agc, ber) and was intermittant for a bit.. But solid gone now..

UBC thier usual unhelpful lot.. I use dreamboxes and so they become doubly hostile (or fail to comprehend that anyone might use an aftermarket STB).. I have put the true topfield junk all back in the system but thats even less useful for error codes or fail problems. It wont update to anything useful.

UBC maintain they are not having any outage.. So wondering if a setting has changed and my boxes cant auto update ??

Everyone else watching fine ??

Smartcard check is far more regular than that.. In the order of seconds per code cycle..

I use smartwi cardsharing and breaking the smartcard comms drops the channel within 20 secs. Also at every ch change too.

But you will get no argument from me about the screwed up company.

Both my boxes shut-down this week - no led's on either. Unplugged both and left off for an hour or so to 'reset' and then replugged in again but still the same. Strange that both went together. UBC technician (they have them?) coming to investigate in 3 days time... :o

Could be the sun cooking your LNB, recovers when it cools down.

Interesting.. Because once it got to the same time of day (1 -2 pm) the exact same thing happened..

Still off now..

Try shading the LNB with a sheet or some shade-cloth, shouldn't attenuate the signal too much at least while you check it out :o