Governor Petitioned To Ban The Second Chiang Mai Gay Pride Parade

sriracha john

The farang who is trying to cancel the parade is the president of a group called CHIANG MAI FREUNDES and the editor of the CHIANG MAI MAIL is on the board...that's why!

Firstly, the name of the fundraising group you are referring to is Thailandfreunde NV , NOT Chiang Mai FREUNDES. The group, over the last few months, have donated a large amount of money to various children's charities in this city.

The Editor of the Chiang Mai Mail is indeed, voluntarily helping that organisation with its local publicity in the paper, as a committee member elected for that reason. She has publicised in this manner many other organisations, and has, very recently and on former occasions, publicised Mplus by editing and placing received texts.

The reason why there have been no references to the gay parade in last two issues of the Chiang Mai Mail is that a great deal of unnecessary unpleasantness has been generated by this issue, with very little logic or understanding being shown, particularly on this forum. The paper's editor feels that readers, even if presented with both sides of the story, of which its editor is well aware, might just get a little bored with 'he says this' 'he says that', plus all kinds of ill-considered accusations, from whichever side they originated.

Obviously, I do not know, nor do I wish to know, who you are, but your unequivocal statement that the reason that no reference has been made in the CM Mail to the present shenanigans is because the paper's editor is involved with TF causes a great deal of offence.

How do I know all this? Because I am the editor of the Chiang Mai Mail, and the person whom you accused.

Okinasan

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The farang who is trying to cancel the parade is the president of a group called CHIANG MAI FREUNDES and the editor of the CHIANG MAI MAIL is on the board...that's why!

Firstly, the name of the fundraising group you are referring to is Thailandfreunde NV , NOT Chiang Mai FREUNDES. The group, over the last few months, have donated a large amount of money to various children's charities in this city.

The Editor of the Chiang Mai Mail is indeed, voluntarily helping that organisation with its local publicity in the paper, as a committee member elected for that reason. She has publicised in this manner many other organisations, and has, very recently and on former occasions, publicised Mplus by editing and placing received texts.

The reason why there have been no references to the gay parade in last two issues of the Chiang Mai Mail is that a great deal of unnecessary unpleasantness has been generated by this issue, with very little logic or understanding being shown, particularly on this forum. The paper's editor feels that readers, even if presented with both sides of the story, of which its editor is well aware, might just get a little bored with 'he says this' 'he says that', plus all kinds of ill-considered accusations, from whichever side they originated.

Obviously, I do not know, nor do I wish to know, who you are, but your unequivocal statement that the reason that no reference has been made in the CM Mail to the present shenanigans is because the paper's editor is involved with TF causes a great deal of offence.

How do I know all this? Because I am the editor of the Chiang Mai Mail, and the person whom you accused.

Okinasan

however much the Thailandfreunde NV have donated to charity - and they should be applauded for that - they should not have cause so much trouble in the Gay community - and especially as they are Gay themselves. I agree with the earlier comment - spend your Pink Pound wisely - not supporting people who have managed to caused Gay Pride to be prohibited - then they will hopefully learn.

Okinasan

however much the Thailandfreunde NV have donated to charity - and they should be applauded for that - they should not have cause so much trouble in the Gay community - and especially as they are Gay themselves. I agree with the earlier comment - spend your Pink Pound wisely - not supporting people who have managed to caused Gay Pride to be prohibited - then they will hopefully learn.

I heard these two trouble makers are doing it because they want to take over Gay Pride. They want to control it and make money from it. Gay Pride events make alot of money by bringing in tourists. But it is the same people who who did it last year, doing it this year. Thais.. So this fight is about money and power.

Shame on people who come in to town and try to make problems like this. Buying their way in. Then trying something devious like this. They should be ashamed.

Okinasan

I heard these two trouble makers are doing it because they want to take over Gay Pride. They want to control it and make money from it. Gay Pride events make alot of money by bringing in tourists. But it is the same people who who did it last year, doing it this year. Thais.. So this fight is about money and power.

Shame on people who come in to town and try to make problems like this. Buying their way in. Then trying something devious like this. They should be ashamed.

Again, comments from people who listen to 'chinese whispers', and add their 5 pence worth as it's a lot more fun than viewing an issue , and the personalities involved, objectively. You state, 'I heard that....' and you base your comments and accusations on hearsay. Presumably, if someone in a bar told you that they were selling 1000 baht notes down at Airport Plaza for 5 baht, you'd be first in the queue!

I seem to remember that the Sakyamuni Buddha was quoted as saying, earlier on this thread, that the worst thing was hatred. Perhaps everyone involved in this sorry saga, whatever their stand, should take time out to consider this.

I also, (and I am not religious), seem to remember that Jesus is believed to have said, 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone' It would make my, (and, I suspect, many other people's), day if you guys stopped hurling rocks, but I'm not sitting on a hot stove waiting...

Okinasan

We are really fascinated to read, how some people, who organizes the Chiang Mai Gaypride or have been involved in the organizing of it, start a witch hunt against a German farang and a Thai, both gay, who should be responsible to have stopped or try to stop the Gaypride in Chiang Mai.

What a nonsense......

Here some information for all those who know nothing about the Gay Pride, the discussions and the background of the last days and weeks:

The meeting which was held at the municipality where has been discussed about the Chiang Mai Gaypride, was held of the committe of culture and education of the province of Chiang Mai under the led of the vice governor of Chiang Mai.

Invited to that meeting had been the members of the committe, university professors, the thai press, M-Plus as the organizor of the Chiang Mai Gaypride and many other organizations from all over Chiang Mai. The room was filled with about 60 people, M-Plus hat about 10 members in the room.

During the meeting many points had been discussed not only the Chiang Mai Gaypride. The German farang who is the main victim of some agressors in this internet forum, just spoke 2 minutes at this meeting interrupted of the vice governor, even not telling all his arguments up to the end. The Thai person mentioned was not even in the room, as he was in Bangkok to the same time.

About 30 to 40 people spoke during that meeting, also M-Plus members as the organizors of the Chiang Mai Gaypride. Not just one, as far as we remember 3 or 4!!!!

The whole committe had a lot of problems with the concept which was presented of M-Plus in a Power Point demonstration at the municipality. Also there were some unanswered questions in the room which made a lot of people feeling uncomfortable:

1. The organizers could not show a written permittage to hold the Chiang Mai Gaypride, they only told that they have a verbal agreement with the office of the major of Chiang Mai.

2. The website of the Gaypride was only in English. No information for the public in Thai language at all, also for the municipality.

3. Not the Farang has been going to the municipality to bring the discussion up, the committee of culture and education of the province of Chiang Mai did it. They had the Chiang Mai Gaypride on the list of discussion and the Farang was just a guest in that discussion like many others.

4. Some of the sponsors of the Gaypride have not the best reputation. This also was something where a lot of committee members had a problem with. The German farang has to do nothing with that. The truth is that he gave 300 Baht to support the Gaypride.

And one sponsor was listed at the website who never gave any permittage to be a sponsor or to be listet:

Boutique Travel Service as a travel agency never gave permittage to be mentioned as sponsor of the event but was listed, also a point which is until today not explained of the organizer.

5. If all the discussers would have red the newspapers Chiang Mai News or Thai News in the last 2 days they get the explanation about the problems the municipality and the chamber of culture in Chiang Mai has with the event. If you read this newspapers you can see very clear that the Farang you mentioned in your threads is not listed at all, neither the organization and of the Thai person mentioned also.

Some people who are involved in the organizing of the Chiang Mai Gaypride now try to make a witch hunt against two people who have nothing to do with that gaypride. One of them has been invited to the municipality to give a point of view as an expert and

president of a human rights organization. But the main petitioners were the Arayatum Group of Thailand, the Gay Political Group of Thailand, Rainbow Group and the Chamber of Lana Culture under the leadership of Chao Dr. Duan Duan na Chiang Mai.

The business which now a lot of discussers in this thread want to boycott was the main organizer and sponsor of the first Transgender meeting ever in Thailand, where transgenders could explain themselves and give the public information. But M-Plus wants a victim, nothing is easier than to present a German farang. A bad nazi gay guy may be the reincarnation of .....no better forget about it......

So all that what could be red here in this forum is a couple of hate mixed with emotions, comments of people who have no background, now knowledge what was going on, and is going on regarding to that Chiang Mai Gaypride, why people have a problem with it and not only the municipality, but also many other organizations, business people and inhabitants of the city. Please read those newspapers who have the information, if you can not read Thai language, search somebody who can read it and translate for you.

The comment which was published in the Nation Newspaper was totally missing the subject Chiang Mai Gaypride and the discussion about it at all. It was the try with a general view to make and create emotions to all those who have no background information.

All of you have the right to go to the municipality to get a protocoll script of the committee meeting which is talked about all the time. There you can easily read, that all what is mentioned of some people here in the internet is definitely NOT true.

We do not fear the hate of people who do not know us, neither the truth about the Chiang Mai Gaypride discussion, with the municipality etc.

We have no fears to face a discussion with M-Plus, the organizers of the gay pride and all those who create the hate, as we have nothing to do with what is mentioned in this thread.

But one thing is naughty and dangerous: To talk bad about people when not knowing them, to tell things some people have heard in any bar or where ever. And finally when people have only information about something of one side, this is poor.

We have copied the statements of this thread and we think about going to the public to explain again together with municipality and the department of culture, also in English language, what has happened in the past days and weeks. Also that the two people attacked in this thread have almost totally nothing to do with the decission of the Committees of Culture, the civil servants of the municipality of Chiang Mai to recommend the governor to POSTPONE the Chiang Mai Gaypride, to bring all the groups together on a table to organize the event well, to have no supporters with not the best reputation and finally not to violate against culture and laws.

With the very best regards:

Those two people the German farang and the Thai, both gay, who have been attacked in this thread all the time without any good reason.

that was a lot of nothing. explain why you were invited - and not one of the hundred farang who have alot more insight into Chiang Mai, and who have been here many many years. you were invited because you started it all up - be honest

With soooo many openly Gay Thais on THAI TV shows, you wonder why places like Chiang Mai would even consider banning a Gay pride event.

Pattaya has the world famous Tiffany's and Alcazar night club where drag queens strut their stuff. A Gay beauty contest is even broadcast live.

I guess the people behind this petition have little black books on their palms which they thump on flat surfaces every so often - wink wink...

:D:o

Any type of public affection in Thailand is frowned upon. Please respect Thailand.

So that explains why my old g/f used to have a mental when I kissed the dog?

None of my gay friends would go to a parade regularly. They always said the crowds were a drag and it was like people were lining up to gawk and laugh at the participants. I think they were just jealous of the guys with the large packages in the thongs that elicited cries of desire. (Word to the wise - don't annoy your gymbunny friends with comments such as, would you do him? It only elicits a retaliatory comment + a painful punch, especially when said in the presence of the guy's insecure b/f.)

I've been to a couple because I thought it was a good way to meet girls. Don't laugh. Many girls go for the eye candy. And you can always strike up a chat with them at a beer tent. Being sensitive is effective. :o And being able to say how much you support a friend works even better, that is until the friend shows up and spills the beans about you being a liar. ) A good pride parade also requires that they throw stuff from the floats. In uni, I knew a guy that followed the condom float collecting the freebies.

Edited by geriatrickid

It’s a sad dy when new falnag in town and someone who organized the first trans event in T… attack the good work of Thai people in Chiang mai

It’s a sad day indeed when they continue their attack with hate for their fellow LGBT. People who l\put their hears into the first parade and will carry outsuccessfully the second

This person who organized that first trans event should be admired for his past piomeering efforts for all LGBT. However his present activities coupled with the outside who’s just arrive in San Sai are creting many difficulties. And for what.

Thes two have put themselves outside the LGBT community acting like pariah, enemies of LGBT people everywhere.

You both should be ashamed of your work and apologize.

the German fellow thinks he can walts in and give money to some poor poeple then show up at a meeting showing a photocopy of the Gay Pride website and demanding to know what right, CM LGBT have to do this? What gall? Are people awaare of the sexy pictures you have put on one website. Some people have viewed threee websites you are a part of and find it very interesting you antics.

to the grandfather of LGBT in Thailand, the pioneer who spoke out when no one would speak, what happened? How could you have gotten so far.

You both have made yourselves the enemies of the local LGBT community. No one likes you. Ask any of the NGO's or the business men in town.

And for what? Dwindiling power? You make us all ashamed.

22 Thai NGOs from across Thailand, and their lawyers, Thais from Bkk Phulket and elsewhere. Local LGBT expat and invited guests will gather for the 2nd Chiang Mai Gay Pride Parade and Party.

We will gather at Buddha Sattan at 5PM. Parade down Chang Klan to Tawan Trendy Mall for the party, show etc which should start at 8PM. All fun loving, positive people are invited to attend.

It's a sad dy when new falnag in town and someone who organized the first trans event in T… attack the good work of Thai people in Chiang mai

It's a sad day indeed when they continue their attack with hate for their fellow LGBT. People who l\put their hears into the first parade and will carry outsuccessfully the second

This person who organized that first trans event should be admired for his past piomeering efforts for all LGBT. However his present activities coupled with the outside who's just arrive in San Sai are creting many difficulties. And for what.

Thes two have put themselves outside the LGBT community acting like pariah, enemies of LGBT people everywhere.

You both should be ashamed of your work and apologize.

the German fellow thinks he can walts in and give money to some poor poeple then show up at a meeting showing a photocopy of the Gay Pride website and demanding to know what right, CM LGBT have to do this? What gall? Are people awaare of the sexy pictures you have put on one website. Some people have viewed threee websites you are a part of and find it very interesting you antics.

to the grandfather of LGBT in Thailand, the pioneer who spoke out when no one would speak, what happened? How could you have gotten so far.

You both have made yourselves the enemies of the local LGBT community. No one likes you. Ask any of the NGO's or the business men in town.

And for what? Dwindiling power? You make us all ashamed.

22 Thai NGOs from across Thailand, and their lawyers, Thais from Bkk Phulket and elsewhere. Local LGBT expat and invited guests will gather for the 2nd Chiang Mai Gay Pride Parade and Party.

We will gather at Buddha Sattan at 5PM. Parade down Chang Klan to Tawan Trendy Mall for the party, show etc which should start at 8PM. All fun loving, positive people are invited to attend.

i disagree. i think the gay pride parade will be bigger than ever, alot more people know about it because of the two individuals mentioned. so they should be thanked.

that was a lot of nothing. explain why you were invited - and not one of the hundred farang who have alot more insight into Chiang Mai, and who have been here many many years. you were invited because you started it all up - be honest

/quote]

You do not get it - when you have no arguments against the quoted text of us, you try to kick under the belt with such comments as quoted up.

We are honest. But who are you, to mention that we are lyers???

Who are you, to kick under the belt?? You hide in the wide world of the internet because you fear the discussion in the reality.

We invite you to come to our business if you are strong enough to face arguments, newspapers in Chiang Mai and authorities.

But we are sure that you go on to kick under the beltline without arguments in this case and that you will not meet us at our business.

Show us your arguments before you mention nonsense.

Zappergeck

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to the "Gay pride comedy show"? If ever straight people needed proof that gay people are all weird.............. well I'm weird anyway :D

Ve vill stop ze parade, ve vill stop ze parade, klop :D

Farang do gooders messing around with Thai politics is always a recipe for disaster. As to Zappergek's rambling story and claims about honesty and nonsense, is he therefore claiming that the comments made by the Director of MPLus as quoted in the OP are untrue? It sounds to me that the real truth here is about a couple of old queens with big egos which have been dented. :o

Maybe the parade needs a custard pie throwing contest for all the people in this argument to slag it out in a camp way wearing pink tutus?

i agreee with the last writer. That's all anyone was trying to explain. Two angry queens. feeling left out made trouble for lots of people. And they could have been included, there is never a closed door, just how to intergrate everyone.

So yes i believe there is an LGBT community here in CM. It;'s diverse, troubled, hidden, self-loathing, hateful and jealous, struggling with itself. But its also, beautiful. creative, inventive, wonderful and growing through diversity.

So yes, thanks for the opposition. It did help.

PS: The Governor of CM cannot stop the parade. No one can. It;s the legal right of all people to parade. ( Thai that is)

Thank you for your opposition and hate. And many stupid remarks. It sadlly shows how out of touch the expat community is here in Thailand. The things you believe and think about make me wonder how you live with yourselve

All this makes us stronger and more together. So thank you.

Please continue with your snide derogitory comments also. Above all please attack the Thai NGO which organized the first and second CM Gay Pride. We love it because you show yourselves for who and what you are.

Your encouragement is what we need.

This thread is a perfect illustration of why some of us gay folks would rather eat our own legs than become embroiled in that subset of misery and self flagellation that calls itself the 'gay community'. Let's hope that gay Thailand manages to stagger on without the 'help' of those farang who don't seem able to grasp the fact that the homosexual condition isn't constant across the world.

Perhaps you could have regular gay days at Tuskers, in fact really you should be sponsoring this event no?

I hope people will find that Tuskers welcomes all kinds of people equally and that the clientele represents a diversity of people regardless of their nationality, race, sexual preference or age. I happen to think diversity of clientele is a strength for any organisation whether it is a bar, company, club or country. I would have no problem hosting a gay event if the people from the community wanted it. Just as I have hosted events for the Scottish, Dutch and other communities over the past year. These events however were not exclusive to those particular groups but enjoyed by all. Exactly what I was getting at in my earlier post which struck a chord with Orang37.

:o

Shot yourself in the foot there haven't you ole mate... how about renaming to Tuskers Bar and Bandit Grill to show your support for the gay community? :D

This thread is a perfect illustration of why some of us gay folks would rather eat our own legs than become embroiled in that subset of misery and self flagellation that calls itself the 'gay community'. Let's hope that gay Thailand manages to stagger on without the 'help' of those farang who don't seem able to grasp the fact that the homosexual condition isn't constant across the world.

Not constant but ever present.

Find this link above... (Thai visa will not let me copy it) and understand why CMM did not publish.. Conflict of interest mate!

Pity you didn't also quote the link to my reply to good old San Sai Sam-- explaining exactly why the CM Mail stayed cool on this one! No conflict of interest, just common sense and an objective view of this whole unnecessary and badly-handled mess.

In 4 years of reading this forum, my main impression is that a great number of posters get a lot more fun throwing unfounded accusations around than considering the reality of any one issue.

Sad.

Okinasan

Find this link above... (Thai visa will not let me copy it) and understand why CMM did not publish.. Conflict of interest mate!

Citylife published the details of the parade on thier website. WELL DONE the Editor of Citylife, she should be admired and complimented.

Pity you didn't also quote the link to my reply to good old San Sai Sam-- explaining exactly why the CM Mail stayed cool on this one! No conflict of interest, just common sense and an objective view of this whole unnecessary and badly-handled mess.

In 4 years of reading this forum, my main impression is that a great number of posters get a lot more fun throwing unfounded accusations around than considering the reality of any one issue.

Sad.

Okinasan

City Life published. You did not. You are part of the committee headed by the person who tried to stop the parade. He tried to stop the original Thais who did it last year.

I think it;s very clear what side you're on. If you are Elena Edwards, Editor of Chiang Mai Mail. Shame on you for trying to deceive people.

Bickering aside, the parade is still on for this next Saturday. So I was told at the valentine party

... i'll get the old taffeta ballgown out of mothballs.

And I'll get my chamois leather hot-pants out of the closet.

Whoops, what a give-away l9iblush.gif