One Way Car Rental From Samui To Bkk

you could try Avis at the airport.

only the national companies will do this as you collect from 1 airport and drop off at another

if you have alot to move, you could get a ' Taxi ' or a driver to take you to BKK

or get a plan and post the stuff to your new place in BKK

when are your dates?

Be prepared to pay a big "drop off" fare. To do a one way drive from Samui to Chiang Mai, it is the normal daily cost plus a 12,000 THB "drop off" fee!

I'm looking to move as well and was going to do the one-way car rental until I discovered this ridiculous fee. I image all the car rental companies have them?

I would speak with a travel agency. I've hired a van and driver relatively cheaply on several occasions, for a flat daily rate (plus fuel). Call around for a good price, don't mention the moving bit (to avoid confusion) until your driver arrives :o

you could try Avis at the airport.

only the national companies will do this as you collect from 1 airport and drop off at another

if you have alot to move, you could get a ' Taxi ' or a driver to take you to BKK

or get a plan and post the stuff to your new place in BKK

when are your dates?

Tried all big companies with the offices in the airport today (Hertz, Avis, Budget and another one, forgot its name). All are fully booked except Budget. They offered me a truck for ~6500Bht for two days. I don't like trucks so I have to think about it :o The last day of my rent here is Feb 9 and I should decide to stay for another month or find a car today-tomorrow.

I would speak with a travel agency. I've hired a van and driver relatively cheaply on several occasions, for a flat daily rate (plus fuel). Call around for a good price, don't mention the moving bit (to avoid confusion) until your driver arrives :o

Good idea, thank you!

Be prepared to pay a big "drop off" fare. To do a one way drive from Samui to Chiang Mai, it is the normal daily cost plus a 12,000 THB "drop off" fee!

I'm looking to move as well and was going to do the one-way car rental until I discovered this ridiculous fee. I image all the car rental companies have them?

Budget wants two times less but still much more expensive than for usual rent ~6500 for the truck

Dear All,

I need a car to move to Bkk. Do you know rental companies who provide one way service? I found only "Budget" and "Thai Rent A Car" and both companies have no cars available for my dates.

Thanks

Try Master Car Rental.They have an office in Samui next to the old terminal,they also have office in Bangkok.Had no trouble with them & MUCH cheaper then Budget & Avis.

Dear All,

I need a car to move to Bkk. Do you know rental companies who provide one way service? I found only "Budget" and "Thai Rent A Car" and both companies have no cars available for my dates.

Thanks

Try Master Car Rental.They have an office in Samui next to the old terminal,they also have office in Bangkok.Had no trouble with them & MUCH cheaper then Budget & Avis.

Thank you, I'll check them

I rented a minibus a couple of years ago, one way Samui to Bangkok. The surcharge for the one way would have been 2,000 baht but I was lucky for once and they needed to get the minibus back to Bangkok so I only had to pay the normal hire price. Everybody happy.

HL :o