Tourist Visa For U.k.

Hi guys,have used the search function,and although being very helpful,i'm left a little confused!.

I have been living in thailand for 6 years,and have been with my current girlfriend for 4 years,we have a business in phuket and live together.

I am going home in april for 6 weeks and would like to take her with me,what paperwork/criteria am i looking at here for immigration to grant her a visa.She has a current thai passport.

Any advice would be appreciated,and thanks.

PST.

Whoops,just realised this should be on the other forum.Mods,feel free to move post.

Edited by PST

Hi guys,have used the search function,and although being very helpful,i'm left a little confused!.

I have been living in thailand for 6 years,and have been with my current girlfriend for 4 years,we have a business in phuket and live together.

I am going home in april for 6 weeks and would like to take her with me,what paperwork/criteria am i looking at here for immigration to grant her a visa.She has a current thai passport.

Any advice would be appreciated,and thanks.

PST.

Whoops,just realised this should be on the other forum.Mods,feel free to move post.

Hi PST

Firstly you have placed this in the wrong section. Do a bit of cut n pasting and try again in the 'Visa to OTHER countries' section.

Whilst I am no expert in getting a Visa to visit England, I have checked it out for a fellow Brit for the same reason as you. I obtained the forms from The British Consulate in Jomtiem,Pattaya and searched in the section mentioned on this site.

I am sorry to say, it seemed very difficult and time consuming, so much so that my mate just gave up on the idea.

The amount of documentary evidence/photo's expected was a real eye-opener! and he was a fairly well off ex-copper too and she was a Radiology Nurse !!

Its not the case of you just writting a letter to confirm you will be funding the trip/stay

Chok Dee

Dave

Thanks to the MODS for moving.

Dave,thanks for your advice,however i do have the right paperwork etc.

If i apply on line,and send all documentation to the embassy,do i still have to go in person?

PST.

Thanks to the MODS for moving.

Dave,thanks for your advice,however i do have the right paperwork etc.

If i apply on line,and send all documentation to the embassy,do i still have to go in person?

PST.

You do not go at all. Your Girlfriend will have to apply on her own. Also you do not apply at the UK Embassy. Details and lots of advise here. http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/

She has to show that she has accomodation in the Uk for her stay. She can financially support herself. Most importantly that she will return to Thailand at the end of her stay.

Supply anything that shows her relationship with you. Her bank accounts, your bank accounts. Details of the business. Her Family ,Kids etc. A letter from the person who is offering the accomodation in UK inviting her to stay. Your Immigration history proving that you are returning to Thailand so that she will return to be with you. Anything that shows both your commitment to staying in Thailand.

They will want to be satisfied that she intends to return.

Thanks,I understand she has to apply in person.My mistake with the embassy reference.

We live in thailand,i've been here 6 years and have a business,i go home every april for 3 weeks,my passport/Non Imm 'o' visa will verify this.

We will be staying with my parents for the duration of the stay,as i have tenants living in my actual property.

PST.

hiya mate,i got visa for my missus last week,do the application online,it will save you a lot of time when you go to the application centre.Have as much documented evidence of your time together as possible,flight tickets,photos,anything that will put you together over the past few years or so.They will also want 6 months bank statements,trust me you dont need a fortune in the bank.They will also want to know where you will be staying and how you will support her in the uk.