Automatic Garage Door

Mahseer

You CAN buy most any building item in Thailand. Many of the high end items and suppliers advertise each month in the numerous "90 baht" home building, furnishing MAGAZINES in Thai language sold at better new-stands. Much of the advertising is in English and you will see the firm you listed and other firms. Just pick up a magazine and look at the advertisements, especially the quarter page ads in the rear of magazine. Most have a web site and people who will respond in English if you e-mail to them.

Most ANY rolling door or stainless/wood gate firm will have a few catalogs of electric motors they sell, install and most importantly SERVICE. Even Up Country the Thai stainless fabricators and Thai roll up door shops are dealers for imported brands of these devices.

Expats are NOT the only customers of high end building devices. The wealthy Thai people have been building amazing homes for decades with top of the line products. Home Pro and Home Works are a very new source of products here. Many of the "better" grade products have long relationships with firms not always so obvious to English speaking expats, and certainly not advertised in the Bangkok Post classified section. But more often than not those small firms will have staff that UNDERSTAND and speak English.

You will be able to see and meet the suppliers of many high end items (and much more reasonable priced items) at the May www.architectexpo.com in Bangkok. It will be at Impact and might be free to visit on certain days. You can see the dates of the Home Pro expo and the much larger Architect Expo at

http://www.impact.co.th/event.php

• 1 year later...

wow! they replied with a quote of 150K Baht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 41k just for the motors! I bought one a few years ago in the US for less than $200. Unreal...guess I will be relying on wifey to be the designated door opener. Easy to do as she can't drive!

Did you ever get an automatic garage door? I called one company and they wanted 70,000 baht! I am waiting for a reply from the one posted here...

I v got a steel shutter door 3,2 m wide and 2,6 high opening. Electric motor, 3 x remotes, 20k all included sprayed white. Noisy when opening and closing though

Did you ever get an automatic garage door? I called one company and they wanted 70,000 baht! I am waiting for a reply from the one posted here...

I v got a steel shutter door 3,2 m wide and 2,6 high opening. Electric motor, 3 x remotes, 20k all included sprayed white. Noisy when opening and closing though

Wow...that is great. I don't really care about the noise. Even the automatic garage door at my Mom's house in Las Vegas is pretty noisy (and she has a really nice house).

I have a problem with setting up my gate to roll open, just not enough room to do it...so was considering the rolling shutter door as an alternative...plus, it would stop the sun and rain from coming in...at least from that direction! :)

Can you tell me how you found the source for this door? I live near Pattaya. Like I said, the last 2 quotes were just crazy/stupid.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Craig

Wow...that is great. I don't really care about the noise. Even the automatic garage door at my Mom's house in Las Vegas is pretty noisy (and she has a really nice house).

I have a problem with setting up my gate to roll open, just not enough room to do it...so was considering the rolling shutter door as an alternative...plus, it would stop the sun and rain from coming in...at least from that direction! :)

Can you tell me how you found the source for this door? I live near Pattaya. Like I said, the last 2 quotes were just crazy/stupid.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Craig

There are steel shutter door shops on every corner, so just check around locally. I havent been in Pattaya since 1970.

• 8 years later...