Need Lao Visa For Daughter?

Hi,

Headed to Laos for the weekend. My Thai friend wants to bring her 10 year old daughter along as well. The daughter doesn't have a passport or a Thai i.d. card. Will she be able to enter Laos using the mother's passport, or by any other means??

Hi,

Headed to Laos for the weekend. My Thai friend wants to bring her 10 year old daughter along as well. The daughter doesn't have a passport or a Thai i.d. card. Will she be able to enter Laos using the mother's passport, or by any other means??

We took my wifes eight year old nephew with us when we went to vientiene last October. We took his birth certificate and the tabien baan with us and that was sufficient. The border pass you get is valid for three days and two nights.

Edited by sumrit

With a birth certificate her mother can get a border pass for the child. Or possibibly the housbook that the child is registered in. Both would be best.

The mother likes to take the express bus from her town directly to the center of Vientiane. They just stamp her passport at the bridge. So I guess they will need to stop at the shop in Nong Khai to get the child a border pass. That would be out of the way for them. Any other way to get the border pass??

With a birth certificate her mother can get a border pass for the child. Or possibibly the housbook that the child is registered in. Both would be best.

The mother likes to take the express bus from her town directly to the center of Vientiane. They just stamp her passport at the bridge. So I guess they will need to stop at the shop in Nong Khai to get the child a border pass. That would be out of the way for them. Any other way to get the border pass??

They are going to have to stop in Nong Kai to get it. If you are going along you are going to need the visa on arrival for Laos. Most buses that go direct to Vientiane won't let you on the bus unless you have a visa or a Thai passport.

If you are going you need to think about your re-entry to Thailand also.