Identity In Thailand

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winson1742 - About this yellow house book, who owns the property, land and house, and what is their relationship to your GF?

It think they're cousin.

The question asked of winson1742 was "who owns the property". To which he responded "It (sic) think they're cousin". Indicating that a "cousin" owned the property. The GF could have her own separate yellow house book.

The yellow house book is good. That means she is registered with the Thai goverment.

I have posted a link to your post in a topic on the Thai lanquage forum to get a translation of her ID and the other document.

Link to topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2549686

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 103 posts into this topic and we are just now learning about the yellow house book. What other surprises does winson1742 have for us? I question whether or not winson1742 even knows the full story. Is he being manipulated by the GF, can he possibly be a troll?

You know there are some decent people in here trying to help Winston, Winston is a Singaporean writing in a different language, and fair play to Joe trying to help him.

I have a burmese friend who managed to get into Singapore Winston from Cambodia, there are sponsoring facilities, probably better to go onto one of your own web sites for Singapore and find out some more details. Very best wishes for the future

The yellow house book is good. That means she is registered with the Thai goverment.

I have posted a link to your post in a topic on the Thai lanquage forum to get a translation of her ID and the other document.

Link to topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2549686

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 103 posts into this topic and we are just now learning about the yellow house book. What other surprises does winson1742 have for us? I question whether or not winson1742 even knows the full story. Is he being manipulated by the GF, can he possibly be a troll?

.......And Interested Observer why dont you troll other sites if this site worries you which is obviously does. :o

These are the reqirement to come singapore. I'm not sure can she can those document?

Visitors holding these travel documents also require a visa to enter Singapore:

- Hong Kong Document of Identity

- Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit

- Palestinian Authority Passport

- Refugee Travel Document issued by the Middle-East countries

- Temporary Passport issued by United Arab Emirates

* Nationals of the Commonwealth Independent States may be granted entry into Singapore without visas if they are on transit to or from a third country. However, they are required to fulfill the following conditions:

- They are in transit to or from a third country

- They continue their journey to the third country within the 96-hour visa free period granted

- They satisfy Singapore's entry requirements, as determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers at the Singapore Checkpoint

- They are in possession of a valid passport

- They are in possession of a confirmed onward air-ticket

- They are in possession of Entry facilities (including visa) to the third country

- They are in possession of Sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore

Note: Possession of a visa alone does not guarantee entry into Singapore. Visitors must also meet entry requirements such as holding a valid passport, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket.

That is ssying who needs a visa to enter Singapore.

And those who do not need a visa.

It is not saying what she will need to get a visa.

This what is required to get one type of visa.

For Social Visit (visiting friends, relatives and for tourism)

ThCompleted Form 14A (original)

One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14A) which meets the following requirements:

Image must be taken within the last 3 months

Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish

Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)

Photocopy of the applicant's passport bio-data page. Please ensure that the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry

Checklist 4 attached to Form 14A

Local contact's Singapore Identity Card (original and photocopy)

Completed Form V39A (Letter of Introduction for Visa Applicationis is for one type of visa.

See thiis webpage: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=168&secid=166

Now , ican't do anything for her yet as the thailand side is not settle. So i must to settle the thailand side before i can apply the visa to come singapore for her

There is no need to apply for the visa yet. You need to get things done here first.

The one thing that is most is important is to find out if you can married here. That means that you have to go to the Amphoe (district office) where she is registered and ask about that as I wrote earlier. If you can get married it will make the visa process much easier.

Also get some more information about getting the travel document.

Now , ican't do anything for her yet as the thailand side is not settle. So i must to settle the thailand side before i can apply the visa to come singapore for her

There is no need to apply for the visa yet. You need to get things done here first.

The one thing that is most is important is to find out if you can married here. That means that you have to go to the Amphoe (district office) where she is registered and ask about that as I wrote earlier. If you can get married it will make the visa process much easier.

Does the ppl in amphoe understand english? If they understand it'll be good. If need me to go amphoe with me my GF, then have to wait till april when i visit my GF. I'll ask her to bring me go together.

Does the ppl in amphoe understand english? If they understand it'll be good. If need me to go amphoe with me my GF, then have to wait till april when i visit my GF. I'll ask her to bring me go together.

She can ask about it. You don't have to go with her. Hopefully it will be as easy as getting married to a Thai.

But do see if you can get more info about the Travel document.

ok.. I've inform her to check it asap for me.. But she said amphoe is far from her... Need abit of time

There is no hurry since you are not going to be here until April.

If she finds out that it's no problem for her side and all you need the affirmation to marry from your embassy you can do it on your way into the country and get everything done in Bangkok. It would have to be translated to Thai and be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But a good translation company can do the certification part and then mail it to you when it's done.

ok.. I've inform her to check it asap for me.. But she said amphoe is far from her... Need abit of time

If she finds out that it's no problem for her side and all you need the affirmation to marry from your embassy you can do it on your way into the country and get everything done in Bangkok. It would have to be translated to Thai and be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But a good translation company can do the certification part and then mail it to you when it's done.

So am i suppose to go singapore ministry of foreign affairs 1st? But if they ask me who am i maary to, what am i suppose to say as my GF is not thai. How should tell them where is my GF from?

So am i suppose to go singapore ministry of foreign affairs 1st? But if they ask me who am i maary to, what am i suppose to say as my GF is not thai. How should tell them where is my GF from?

You you do that in Bangkok later at the Thai MFA after you get the affiramtion to marry from your embassy and have it translated. The translator can take it to the MFA and have it certified.

can i do that in singapore?

You have to do it in Bangkok. The affirmation of freedom to marry has to be notarized by the Singapore embassy in Bangkok. Contact the embassy they will know what you need and should have a form that you fill out. Then you have to have it translated to Thai and certified. You don't need to get the certification done yourself but it has to be done in Bangkok.

Info follows for where the certification is done.

The Legalisation Division

Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

123 Chaeng Wattana Road,

Laksi District, Bangkok 10210

that means i must go bangkok 1st before heading to chiang mai to get marry. Am i rite?

Hold on winson1742, nobody in Thailand has agreed to marry you and your Non-Thai GF, then register the marriage at the Amphoe to make it legal!

Don't really undertand

Unless the Amphoe says otherwise, your GF, being an alien, needs an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry certificate of her own. The Myanmar (Burmese) Embassy will not give her one because it's against Burmese law to marry a foreigner. This has been explained to you earlier. That was the whole point in getting married in Singapore.

Edited by InterestedObserver

So how it should go about it?

Dear Winson,

Many Brothers here are really trying to help you.

Sorry to say - YOU seem to be the Problem - haha

Several members have given you Lists of what to do.

I am not trying to be rude - I would also like to see you succeed.

But do you have a problem reading some of the advice here?

Are you in Singapore just now?

Can I suggest you ask a friend who maybe is better at reading English,

to read thru all this from the begining with you - and explain anything you do not understand.

I have just read the whole Topic and your last Post seems to go back to the Begining

- I think you need some help reading the detailed advice.

Best Wishes

Bill

Dear Winson

I have NO Knowledge of your problem

But I have read everything here.

Maybe you can start by telling us>

HAVE YOU DONE THESE TWO THINGS?

A). UbonJoe suggested a list - the First was

1. Obtain a Travel Document for Aliens from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She falls under the stateless person category to get this. Link for more info: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2496

It will require contacting them to get a clarification of what documents are required.

Have you contacted Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask them what documents they want to Issue a Travel Document to your GF?

:o. Have you contacted an IMIGRATION LAWYER in Singapore?

Please tell us the Answers to A. and B.

Hope this helps you to get started.

Bill

Dear Winson

I have NO Knowledge of your problem

But I have read everything here.

Maybe you can start by telling us>

HAVE YOU DONE THESE TWO THINGS?

A). UbonJoe suggested a list - the First was

1. Obtain a Travel Document for Aliens from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She falls under the stateless person category to get this. Link for more info: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2496

It will require contacting them to get a clarification of what documents are required.

Have you contacted Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask them what documents they want to Issue a Travel Document to your GF?

:o . Have you contacted an IMIGRATION LAWYER in Singapore?

Please tell us the Answers to A. and B.

Hope this helps you to get started.

Bill

A. I've written to them already due to call them but no respond.

B. Not yet

Unless the Amphoe says otherwise, your GF, being an alien, needs an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry certificate of her own. The Myanmar (Burmese) Embassy will not give her one because it's against Burmese law to marry a foreigner. This has been explained to you earlier. That was the whole point in getting married in Singapore.

The only reason an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry is requied is to prove you are not married.

The only legal marriage that can be done in Thailand is one the is registered at an Amphoe. She has a registration book that would have entries in it reflecting her maritial status. So she would not need a Affirmation of Freedom to Marry.

Also she is not Burmese her registration says that she is a hill tribe person.

She was probably born here and her parents also.

The only question remaining is whether or not they will register the marriage.

A. I've written to them already due to call them but no respond.

B. Not yet

A.You won't get an answer until today at the earliest. You should keep trying the phone numbers.

B. At the moment I don't think that is needed at the moment. Singapore immigrations website has a lot of good and usefull infomation. It takes bit of digging to find it all but it is there. From what I have found and read there. I don't think she will have a problem getting a visa to Singapore. You will have to sponser her and possibly post a bond.

But what is needed will all depend upon the marriage question. Your bride to be needs to inquire about getting married. The most important question is will they register the marriage.

If you need a lawyer it will be one here that is familiar with a stateless persons problems and issues. One of the oragnizations that was suggested earlier might be able to help with finding one. In fact if you were to find one it might save your girl friend a trip to the Amphoe because I am sure they could answer the marriage queston.

If your girl friend finds out that they will register the marriage. You should stop in Bangkok when you travel here the next time and take care.or your paperwork. It shouldn't take more than a day or so.

The only reason an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry is requied is to prove you are not married.

The only legal marriage that can be done in Thailand is one the is registered at an Amphoe. She has a registration book that would have entries in it reflecting her maritial status. So she would not need a Affirmation of Freedom to Marry.

Also she is not Burmese her registration says that she is a hill tribe person.

She was probably born here and her parents also.

The only question remaining is whether or not they will register the marriage.

Throughout this lengthy topic winson1742 has insisted that his GF was issued with a pink Thai ID card. Thai authorities issued pink ID cards to people of Burmese origin. Of the 19 or more color combinations used for Thai ID cards, hill tribe groups do not get a pink card. Did this pink ID card magically change color into hill tribe blue? This is just one of the many inconsistencies that exist in this ongoing saga. Are we now claiming that she is native born and that her blood line could be hill tribe Thai?

Edited by InterestedObserver