Work Permit Issuance, Non-b Extension Based On Marriage

Hi Everyone,

I would like to find the simpliest and best course action to my situation.

I have multiple non-B visa, which expired on January 7, 2009. I did my last visa run in December so I got the last 90 days until March 11.

I did get married to a Thai on February 6, 2009. My wife works full time.

I got a new job and will start on February 16. (It pays 50,000/month + comission)

I did work from November 2007 til September 2008 last year. I paid taxes for these 9 months and have the Revenue Department Receipt paying the taxes on 360,000baht income for 2008. The old work permit expired on November 2008.

1.) How long does it take to get a work permit if my company apply for it next week?

Should I get the work permit and then request 1-year extension based on marriage after I receive the NEW work permit before March 11? ( I don't have 400,000 baht in the bank, so I'm trying to use the 50,000+baht/month income) The only thing is the work permit will be only valid until March 11. Then if I get a 30-day under consideration stamp at Suan Phu, I have to extend the work permit for 30 days too and after I get the remaining 11 month, I have to extend my work permit again.

2.) Can I extend my last stay on my non-B visa first with 60 days until May 11 (1900baht at Suan Phu, reason visiting wife) and then apply for a work permit. Once I have my work permit valid for the 60day extension, I can request 1 year extension based on marriage and my50,000+baht salary and then extend the work permit until the end of the 1-year extension?

3.) I don't want to use my extension based on work but rather on marriage.

4.) I don't want to go out of Thailand on March 11 to apply for a non-O visa and then apply for a work permit. I would like to get the yearly extension based on marriage now and apply for residency permit after 3 years extension.

Thanks for the suggestions.

It's difficult to say how long it will take to get the work permit. It will depend on the province where the application is made and how experienced your employer is in getting the paperwork together and in dealing with the employment department.

Yes, you can get a 60-day extension on your current permission to stay to visit your Thai wife. This will give you permission to stay until May 10, by which time you will hopefully have your work permit

--

Maestro

It's difficult to say how long it will take to get the work permit. It will depend on the province where the application is made and how experienced your employer is in getting the paperwork together and in dealing with the employment department.

I live in Dindaeng. My employeer is in Samut Prakan. They had farang employee before with work permit. They have over 1,000 Thai employees. They will give me all paperwork by Tuesday, February 17 (business registration, recent taxes - phor dor 01, 20, certificates, employment contract, job description, why a Thai cannot fulfill the job letter, I have the papers on my end (doctor certificate,photos, resume, transcripts, tax payment receipts,passport copies,marriage papers, wife documents, old work permit etc.) They have lawyer but the company asked if I could submit all paperwork since the lawyer would charge extra. I was at Mitrmaitri Road, Dindaeng (Ministry of Labour) when submitted all paperwork with my former company and when I had to go back to sign it.

Yes, you can get a 60-day extension on your current permission to stay to visit your Thai wife. This will give you permission to stay until May 10, by which time you will hopefully have your work permit

Can I apply for the 60-day extension now or I have to wait until the date is closer to March 11? What documents do I need for this extension?

Thanks.

The immigration office usually want to get the application during the last 30 days of the permission to stay but have been known to make exceptions in special cases. You should visit the immigration office in Soi Suan Phlu and ask.

Bring your wife along with her ID card, a copy of her ID card and her house registration book, your passport and a passport photo. You will have to fill out the application form TM.7 and pay a fee of 1,900 Baht.

--

Maestro