Energy Drinks

Mar

Marmite on crumpets; or on toast soldiers dipped into a boiled egg; yum! Vegemite is a poor imitation.

I thought I was on my own Vegemite/Marmite on toast then an egg on top Yum.

Soldiers dipped into a soft boiled googy egg haven't heard of that since " a long time ago"

Back on topic Lippo Liptovan one & the same.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know whether or not there is any relation between 'Grating Daeng' (red bull) the energy drink and the mid-70s paramilitary group of the same name?

Seems odd that a major player in one of the darkest days in Thai history (1976 Thammasat assault) would become a household name around the world.

Redbull (Kratindeng) is my first choice. If its not availible I usually opt for M-150.

Carabao is good in concert, but lousy as a beverage.

cv

What exactly is in these energy drinks? Just caffeine and sugar?

As far as i know, the main ingredient in these energy drinks is "taurin" ? ! ? ! ?

"Taurin" of course, derives from the greek "taurus" or "bull" (as in "Red Bull").

I wonder if Richard Hall can enlighten us on this ?

Mike

Edited by thedivezone

Does anyone know whether or not there is any relation between 'Grating Daeng' (red bull) the energy drink and the mid-70s paramilitary group of the same name?

Seems odd that a major player in one of the darkest days in Thai history (1976 Thammasat assault) would become a household name around the world.

Oh No! They are multiplying :o

Always wondered that myself. One note of interest, krathing actually translates as 'gaur', (Bos gaurus) not bull.

Gaur01.jpg

Always wondered that myself. One note of interest, krathing actually translates as 'gaur', (Bos gaurus) not bull.

Gaur01.jpg

Yes, But a male Gaur would be a Bull. :o

Gaur01.jpg

Yes, But a male Gaur would be a Bull. :D

Only when you've established that you're talking about gaurs. Referring to the species generically you would never use 'bull'. If referring to male gaurs specifically the standard would be 'bull gaur' or 'gaur bull'. Not that there's anything wrong with a liberal translation for marketing services (seeing as how most English speakers have no idea what a gaur is). :o

Only when you've established that you're talking about gaurs. Referring to the species generically you would never use 'bull'. If referring to male gaurs specifically the standard would be 'bull gaur' or 'gaur bull'. Not that there's anything wrong with a liberal translation for marketing services (seeing as how most English speakers have no idea what a gaur is).

Faire comment :o

Energy drinks don't have any effect on me lol. I once drank nothing but Lippo and jack daniels all night but still i felt tired.. I must have drunk in the region of 30 bottles of Lippo hahaha. I love the taste though, It goes really well with jack daniels :o