Non Immg Visa

The Royal Thai Consulate in Sydney has been very helpful over the years, this has changed just a tad.

Recent application for 1 year multi entry non immg "O class".

Provided the following:

completed application form(w/2 passport size photos)

copy of marriage certificate

passport

copy of birth certificate

cheque $225

Received a call from new chappy Khun Tai in CHARGE of the visa section, requesting a copy of my wifes ID and or copy of my wifes passport.

Discussed with the gentlement in question that it was not on the list published on the web site and it had not been required previously?

Told in no uncertain term "Mr it is required now" I need to know if this person on the marriage certificate is a real person.

Advised Khun Tai wife is currently in Thailand making it difficult to copy such documents "few more words passed back & forth result called wife told her to photo copy docs and fax to Khun Tai.

Things have now gone ahead ok, but be aware you also need copies of wifes ID & passport when applying for 1 year multi entry visa through the Royal Thai Consulate in Sydney.

Another example of someone applying his/her own whims to the written requirements it would appear?

mijan24 :o

You need copy of ID card or passport (not both) and this has often been asked for at most posts during the last year or two. At times they also ask for a current note from wife to prove relationship is ongoing. Written lists are the basic requirements and often other items will be required. Published lists tend to lag - especially on the Internet where a page is made and forgotten.

Believe on the required document list "copy of birth certificate" is if you have a child rather than your birth certificate.

The Royal Thai Consulate in Sydney has been very helpful over the years, this has changed just a tad.

Recent application for 1 year multi entry non immg "O class".

Provided the following:

completed application form(w/2 passport size photos)

copy of marriage certificate

passport

copy of birth certificate

cheque $225

Received a call from new chappy Khun Tai in CHARGE of the visa section, requesting a copy of my wifes ID and or copy of my wifes passport.

Discussed with the gentlement in question that it was not on the list published on the web site and it had not been required previously?

Told in no uncertain term "Mr it is required now" I need to know if this person on the marriage certificate is a real person.

Advised Khun Tai wife is currently in Thailand making it difficult to copy such documents "few more words passed back & forth result called wife told her to photo copy docs and fax to Khun Tai.

Things have now gone ahead ok, but be aware you also need copies of wifes ID & passport when applying for 1 year multi entry visa through the Royal Thai Consulate in Sydney.

Another example of someone applying his/her own whims to the written requirements it would appear?

Jenny the Indian local staff girl has gone. K. Tai is the new broom. BNE is better.

Dr, you have hit it right on the nose. I did not know her name but "Jenny" was very good extremely helpful and I thinks the new broom as you say is ensuring people know he holds the power of the rubber stamp.

Lopburi3 probably correct but this has not been the case in Sydney until the new broom arrived, yes I also asked about the birth certificate - Canberra said as you have stated but Mr New Broom requires what is written +.