Totally Confused!

james24

Hi there Im trying to get an air con bus to Chiang Mai from Bangkok tommorow but these bus stations have me all confused. Can anyone please tell me where the correct bus station is for getting this bus??? The bus terminal is called Mo chit I think but I live in Prakranong and know the BTS finishes at that stop. Although when I check it says the Mo chit bus station is in Victory monument???? Is that right??? I know there are two, one of them is old but can anyone tell me where the one that goes to Chiang mai is??? If not does anyonme the time and cost from Hua lumpong??? All the info seems to be old and out of date.

Mo chit Bus station is around 5 km away from Victory Monument. Sounds close but if you factor the traffic in, it's quite a distance to crawl through in BKK traffic. You can take a cab from the Mo chit BTS station if that is the only way familiar to you.

Mo Chit is the bus station you want to go to Chiang Mai. Mo Chit is the closest BTS station to the bus terminal, but you can't walk from there. You need to get a taxi.

Am not sure why they say Victory Monument. I went to Chiang Mai last year and the bus station was a short taxi from Mo Chit BTS. It's a loooong bus ride. :o

Hi there Im trying to get an air con bus to Chiang Mai from Bangkok tommorow but these bus stations have me all confused. Can anyone please tell me where the correct bus station is for getting this bus??? The bus terminal is called Mo chit I think but I live in Prakranong and know the BTS finishes at that stop. Although when I check it says the Mo chit bus station is in Victory monument???? Is that right??? I know there are two, one of them is old but can anyone tell me where the one that goes to Chiang mai is??? If not does anyonme the time and cost from Hua lumpong??? All the info seems to be old and out of date.

Walking to the station from BTS mochit is not advisable. Take a motorcycle taxi for 40 bath.

It is the one at Mochit BTS station not Victory moniment.

Anyone know of any links to the timetable, or know the times and prices???

Here is the link to the bus company website with a timetable.

http://www.transport.co.th/

The menus are in Thai but the schedule in English. Click on the second link at the top, then choose the first link from the pull down menu. That will send you to a schedule in English.

If you can't get that to work, VIP is 806 baht, 32 people, and leaves at 9:00, 20:00, and 21:00. There are other air con buses from 40-50 people, 400-500 baht, that leave pretty much every hour or two. Trip is 9-10 hours long. Not sure how up to date the website is, but that's what I found.

And I actually think the bus trip is kinda fun to do. It's interesting to see everything.

The victory monument is the location were a large number of vans depart from...but has nothing to do with the Mochit bus station.

As others have said; to go to the Mochit bus station take the BTS or MRT to the Mochit (weekend market) then take a taxi.

I'd recommend taking Nakhonchai air bus, i have not been to Chiang Mai, but always take them when i go to Rayong, and they are far more comfortable than the other buses i've taken.

nca_logo.gif