Where Can I Rent Thai Motorbike/sidecar?

Guderian

Hi,

I want to move some things around Pattaya and Jomtien over a period of about a week or so. Nothing very big or difficult. To save money, and because I need to phase the move, I want to do this myself. One of those Thai-style motorbikes with sidecar you see cruising around the streets (usually loaded to the gills with beer, ice and/or the extended family) would be perfect for the job I have in mind. Does anybody know if and where I could hire one in Pattaya for a week or two?

Thanks.

G

Edited by Guderian

You can hire them..but you'll have to hire the owner/driver as well.

This is a good thing as they will help you load and unload your stuff.

Still very cheap... last time we moved my better half found and recruited motorcycle/sidecar and 2 movers

for the afternoon..for 300 baht !!!

Just approach a few of them and ask if they would be willing to earn a few extra baht, bet it won't take long to find someone.

Good luck..

Thanks johng and Thaifan2! :D

I've asked around a few bike hire places and they look at me as if I am asking to hire the Titanic for the day. :D Someone in a bar told me that these things are actually illegal, and nobody, including the Thais, can get valid insurance on them. Is that true? It would explain why the bike hire places don't have them.

I need a lot of time to transfer some fairly delicate stuff, and don't want a Thai hanging around all day for a week or more while I'm doing it. I think the best option is to try and hire a bike/sidecar directly from the owner - but without his services. I don't know if that will work, though. I'd pay 1000 Baht/week, and would only want the thing during the afternoons. I should have thought that would be quite attractive. :o

Cheers,

G