Non Imm. B Multiple - Options

Hi,

I'm British and will be 49 in August.

I entered September last year on Multi Non. Imm B, after receiving job offer, offer subsequently withdrawn due to economic crisis.

I have a company here and could apply for a work permit. What will this cost for application? What would the ongoing costs per month be?

I could keep going to the border until it expires, return to UK in August. Can I then apply again then for a Non Imm. O? I would need something that allows me to stay until August 2010 when I can apply for retirement, 800,000 baht will be no problem.

I am open to any options. Am considering getting a TEFL and trying to find a teaching job too. Will take work permit route if costs are not prohibitive.

Appreciate all advice.

Hi,

I'm British and will be 49 in August.

I entered September last year on Multi Non. Imm B, after receiving job offer, offer subsequently withdrawn due to economic crisis.

I have a company here and could apply for a work permit. What will this cost for application? What would the ongoing costs per month be?

I could keep going to the border until it expires, return to UK in August. Can I then apply again then for a Non Imm. O? I would need something that allows me to stay until August 2010 when I can apply for retirement, 800,000 baht will be no problem.

I am open to any options. Am considering getting a TEFL and trying to find a teaching job too. Will take work permit route if costs are not prohibitive.

Appreciate all advice.

Unless your company has been active and producing income for the past 2 years you probably would not get an extension of stay. The most you would get is another multiple entry B visa after you get the work permit and it is valid for 1 year.

The cost to get a work permit is not that much but to maintain the requirements can be consdiderable. The best thing to do would be to cantact a lawyer if you don't already have one to get an estimate of the costs.

If you can the TEFL certificate and find a job teaching the cost for the work permit should be paid by your employer. The actual cost for the work permit application can vary from a low of 3100 to 10,000 baht for a one year work permit.

I think your best bet would be to get a multiple entry non-o while you are in the UK at the conulate in Hull.. If you don't want to go all the way there it is possible to get one in Perth Australia.

Do you work for the Thai Police Siracha? I have been sitting on my arse waiting for the job to materialise, only to be told last week it isn't going to happen!

Thanks for the info ubonjoe. Does anyone know what the ongoing costs of the Work Permit are? The fees for obtaining it seem reasonable, my company has posted a balance sheet for the last 2 years but had no income.

Definitely pursuing the TEFL option.

If that doesn't come off then I will start a business here that can hopefully cover the costs of the work permit and give me a small income. Hull in August for the Non Imm. O that can keep me going until my 50th is my last option I guess.

Looks like the trip to the border this week may not be my last for a while!

a WP costs 3,100 baht a year, that's it. The difficulty will be to get an extension of stay from immigration. For that you need to show the tax papers of the company.

What is the 3,100 baht for? I am guessing this is the cost if employed by a school or large company?

If I employ myself via my own Thai company what are the costs to my company? Is there a fixed figure that relates to the number of people I must employ, tax requirements etc?

People warned me that the visa requirements were complex here and they certainly were not wrong!!

a WP costs 3,100 baht a year, that's it. The difficulty will be to get an extension of stay from immigration. For that you need to show the tax papers of the company.

What is the 3,100 baht for? I am guessing this is the cost if employed by a school or large company?

If I employ myself via my own Thai company what are the costs to my company? Is there a fixed figure that relates to the number of people I must employ, tax requirements etc?

People warned me that the visa requirements were complex here and they certainly were not wrong!!

No its the cost of a work permit per year, cost is not tied to occupation....

If you dont fully understand the in and outs with work permits or know someone who does....suggest you take on a company who can help you out in this regard....becuae if you get it wrong...time consuming and costly....

PS...Visa's, Work permits and extensions of stay...not the same ...getting the visa is the least complicated part :o

The 3100 bhat is the fee that Mario paid for his work permit. That can vary from province to province. It can be as high as 10,000 baht for a 1 year work permit application.

The on going expenses are to employ 4 people (real or not) that is needed to get your work permit.

You should contact an accountant or lawyer that deals with this to get a better Idea of what the costs will be.

Do I have to go to the border to renew my 90 days or can I go to local Immigration office?

If you have a multiple entry visa you have to leave the country after 90 days. You have a permit to stay until stamp in your passport that tells you the date.

You can leave and come back the same day.