Marriage Visa New Rules ?

You'll need a hel_l of a lot more documentation than what Immigration pathetically advise you!!

If you ask your local immigration office what documents you need to bring along with an application for extension of stay for a particular reason I am sure they will advise you not pathetically but in full detail.

If your “pathetically” refers to the published rules for extension of stay, ie Police Order No. 777/2551, you are perhaps looking at them the wrong way. This document gives the requirements an applicant must meet but it, and its predecessors, are not and were never intended to be an exhaustive list of documents that an applicant must produce as proof that he satisfies the stated requirements.

--

Maestro

Maybe they do not know the rules.

I know that but what can I do if he does not know the rules and required 3 months? :D

He has the control. :o

Download the Thai version of the police order here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70478-...7-2551.pdf.html

Then have your wife find 2.18 (6) and point out to them what the rules say.

Other than that there is nothing else you can do other than make a formal appeal as mentioned in the first part of the police order.

They either do not know the rules or have decided not to follow them.

A report from Pattaya indicates that they know the rules but are not following them.

You can try the advise that I gave in my previous post and see what they say.

You should get a tourist visa first. Get married and then get the non-o in KL or Penang. You will need show some money in the bank to get the visa at those consulates. The non-o based upon marrigae is the best visa you can get.

Hi Ubonjoe,

I am looking at getting a marrige visa with my partner. I use to have a work permit for Thailand, but I currently work out of the country and will do for the forseeable future, so I come in on a arrival tourist visa.

• Is the tourist visa on entry good enough to get the ball rolling as far as getting hitched in Bangkok?
  • What sort of money do you need to show in the bank to get a non-o visa outisde of Thailand? Or is it the 40,000 per m 400,000 for 2 mths?( forgive me if I have misunderstood )

We are together for 5 years, 2 and a half yr old son, joint bank for 4 years, purchased house approx 6 mths, and can show the 40,000 ( p/month) in the bank or the 400,000 holding.

Any help with my Q's would be much appreciated, feel like I am going round in circles.

Choppy

Edited by choppychugger

You can get a non immigrant O visa based upon marriage at a Thai consulate or embassy. It can be a single or multiple entry. A single would give you one 90 day permit to stay on entry. A multiple entry alows to leave an re-enter the country as many tiimes a you wish for 1 year getting 90 days each entry.

An extension based upon marriage would extend any permit to stay you get using the visa for a period of on year. For this you need the 40K income or 400K in the bank.

What documents are needed by the Embassy to issue the non imm O visa?

Copy of marriage certificate?

Copy of wife's ID?

Any others?

You can get a non immigrant O visa based upon marriage at a Thai consulate or embassy. It can be a single or multiple entry. A single would give you one 90 day permit to stay on entry. A multiple entry alows to leave an re-enter the country as many tiimes a you wish for 1 year getting 90 days each entry.

An extension based upon marriage would extend any permit to stay you get using the visa for a period of on year. For this you need the 40K income or 400K in the bank.

What documents are needed by the Embassy to issue the non imm O visa?

Copy of marriage certificate?

Copy of wife's ID?

Any others?

All the above plus wife's house book, Your bank book with some money in the bank if you apply at a nearby consuale.

Penang and KL are the only places you can get a multiple entry nearby.

You should get a tourist visa first. Get married and then get the non-o in KL or Penang. You will need show some money in the bank to get the visa at those consulates. The non-o based upon marrigae is the best visa you can get.

Hi Ubonjoe,

I am looking at getting a marrige visa with my partner. I use to have a work permit for Thailand, but I currently work out of the country and will do for the forseeable future, so I come in on a arrival tourist visa.

• Is the tourist visa on entry good enough to get the ball rolling as far as getting hitched in Bangkok?
  • What sort of money do you need to show in the bank to get a non-o visa outisde of Thailand? Or is it the 40,000 per m 400,000 for 2 mths?( forgive me if I have misunderstood )

We are together for 5 years, 2 and a half yr old son, joint bank for 4 years, purchased house approx 6 mths, and can show the 40,000 ( p/month) in the bank or the 400,000 holding.

Any help with my Q's would be much appreciated, feel like I am going round in circles.

Choppy

A tourist visa or a 30 day visa exempt entry is enough to get married.

It depends upon where you apply for the non-o whether you need to show any money or not.

KL and Penang ask to see a bank book with some money in the account. They just want to see that you have enough money to live on. For a non-o it can still be a joint account.

You can also get a non-o to visit your son.

Edit: Here is some info on getting married I did in a topic. Just change the country if you are not from the UK. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2556562

Hi Ubonjoe,

Choppy

A tourist visa or a 30 day visa exempt entry is enough to get married.

It depends upon where you apply for the non-o whether you need to show any money or not.

KL and Penang ask to see a bank book with some money in the account. They just want to see that you have enough money to live on. For a non-o it can still be a joint account.

You can also get a non-o to visit your son.

Edit: Here is some info on getting married I did in a topic. Just change the country if you are not from the UK. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2556562

Many thanks

choppy