The Box Bz

culicine

Any other people out there having trouble with "the box " or does anyone know the reasons for the problems. I'm waiting to download the last episode of Oz and James drink Britain.

No problems for me, downloading and seeding as normal. Must be either your connection or the individual torrents.

Any other people out there having trouble with "the box " or does anyone know the reasons for the problems. I'm waiting to download the last episode of Oz and James drink Britain.

No problems for me, downloading and seeding as normal. Must be either your connection or the individual torrents.

Are you using Firefox? It's continually coming up Timed Out.for a few of us.

I had an account with the box. I received a warning one day stating I had tried to open another account, which I hadn't!. i replied to the mod telling him I had not tried to open another account nor could see why I would want to and could they explain. I received no answer just had my account disabled. I can only presume the box is run by ignorant tossers of the first degree! :o

I had an account with the box. I received a warning one day stating I had tried to open another account, which I hadn't!. i replied to the mod telling him I had not tried to open another account nor could see why I would want to and could they explain. I received no answer just had my account disabled. I can only presume the box is run by ignorant tossers of the first degree! :o

Mothing like that. I'm beginning to wonder if there was a news story on British T,V the government didn't like.

Mothing like that. I'm beginning to wonder if there was a news story on British T,V the government didn't like.

Does anyone know the correct configuration for Tor and Privoxy, at least through that I could access my hotmail albeit slowly and maybe the Box too. It just doesn't connect properly either. :D

Here is how you can connect to our IRC channel: All you need is a IRC client. There are a few good choices:<br /><br /> * MIRC<br /> * Chatzilla (Plugin for firefox and Mozilla webbrowsers)<br /><br /> * Download and run the client<br /> * Connect to TheBox irc network. The command to do this depends on the client you're using.<br /><br /> o For MIRC, type: '/server irc.TheBox.bz:6667' or for a SSL connection: '/server irc.TheBox.bz:+6697' (ignore this if you don't know what SSL is). You type this in the command box at the bottom of the screen and omit the quotes. Then type '/join #TheBox.bz' (again without quotes). Enjoy chatting!<br /> o For Chatzilla, type: '/server irc.TheBox.bz 6667'. You type this is the command box at the bottom of the screen and omit the quotes. Then type '/join #TheBox.bz' (again, no quotes). Enjoy chatting!<br /> Since the staff is constantly gets bombarded with IRC questions, I think this guide is a proper addition to our FAQ to teach you guys the basics of how to use IRC. This is a pretty easy step-by-step instructional guide.

* Download and install MIRC

* Run it, you get a welcome window press CONTINUE.

* Now at mIRC Options you need to fill out your name (use your nick), email address (whatever you want there), NICK1, and NICK2 in case nick1 is taken.

* On the left side of the window click on Servers, and there select ADD, as description put TheBox.BZ, for the server put irc.TheBox.bz and press add.

* Under Servers, you see Options, check Connect on startup and Reconnect on disconnection and UNcheck Pop up connect dialog on startup.

* Press OK on the bottom of this window to close it and then press the LIGHTING icon on the top left corner.

* After you are connected the mIRC Favorites window pops up, press ADD, in that window type in channel #TheBox.bz, check off Join on connect and press OK.

* Now you are back in mIRC Favorites window uncheck on the bottom Pop-up favorites on connect.

* CLOSE YOUR MIRC NOW COMPLETELY AND START IT AGAIN.

* Press continue and VIOLA! It should have connected to the irc.TheBox.bz server automatically and joined the channel. Hack away at your keyboard, but remember being a prominent keyboardjockey doesn't get you laid.

Edited by pimfram

all of this for a cup of tea :o

Use BTJunkie it works just as well as the box and no signup and user tracking required.

Good suggestion, those muppets at True are up to their old tricks again, anything to slow the internet down!

I used The Box a while back but had my account closed down because my share ratio wasn't up to scratch, I was seeding the files I downloaded but it was so slow I couldn't maintain a satisfactory share ratio.

I now use scrape torrent combined with Vuze and never have any problem.

Most of the programmes available on The Box can be found on other torrent sites through Scrape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I used The Box a while back but had my account closed down because my share ratio wasn't up to scratch, I was seeding the files I downloaded but it was so slow I couldn't maintain a satisfactory share ratio...

I had that problem and signed up again a few weeks later. I've now worked out how to keep these sites happy - not only TheBox - with "ratios".

It's quite straightforward actually, you just have have to download ANY torrent that has a high peer count (also called "leech" count) and a low seed count. This means there are lots of people downloading, but few uploading. When you have successfully got it just leave it seeding for all the people who haven't got it yet.

The main point is to download ANY torrent, even if you don't want to watch it, provided there are few seeds and lots of peers.

With TheBox, it's even easier to get a good ratio as they have "Free" torrents, e.g. Eastenders, that you can download without it counting towards your download byte count. So provided you get it as soon as it's on their site, you become a seeder to many people who want it. Just leave it running until you are no longer connected to any peers, i.e. until you aren't uploading any more. This doesn't take long as everybody seems to do exactly this to keep a good ratio.

I NEVER get a good ratio with "The Box". I always download ALL the free stuff but still have to watch downloading what I actually want as I can never upload more than a few MB to that site.

This only seems to be a problem, for me anyway, with "The Box" as with a couple of other sites ( UKNova TotalChaos) I can maintain a good ratio without worry.

:o

I NEVER get a good ratio with "The Box". I always download ALL the free stuff but still have to watch downloading what I actually want as I can never upload more than a few MB to that site.

This only seems to be a problem, for me anyway, with "The Box" as with a couple of other sites ( UKNova TotalChaos) I can maintain a good ratio without worry.

:o

I think you simply have to be quick to get the free ones as soon as they are posted. It seems that Emmerdale, Eastenders and Coronation Street get posted as soon as the programmes finish in the UK (and they are "free"), so you need to set an alarm or something to start downloading when there is only 1 seeder. Then you will be uploading to all the other 100's of peers who actually want it.

I did that (getting the programmes when there was only 1 seeder) for a few days this week and last week and now have about 1.5 gigabytes more uploaded than downloaded, so I can get just about any programme I want now, even if there are no peers, without worrying about my ratio going below 1.0.

I just checked - all those three programmes have several hundred seeders now and just a few dozen peers, so soon no one will be able to upload any more as everyone will have a copy. You really have to be quick!

I must also try UKNova and TotalChaos. Maybe I can get all of "Blake's Seven".

Confirmed. :D

I normally check for the latest uploads available from "The Box" when I get up in the mornings so with the time difference (+7h so midnight there) I think I'm pretty well somewhere in the front of the rush. :o

I'm not really into setting alarm clocks :D and with the other sites I use I now get more than enough to watch. :D

"eztv.it" is also pretty good, don't know if you're supposed to register but I get downloads without registering so no ratio worries.

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Seems that the Box issue might only be for True internet users, seemingly non True users can still get the site without the error

I've been getting a 404-Not found error coude for the last couple of days. I use True Cable to connect. Anyone else?