Relocating From Uk To Thailand

Hi all.

In the next few months I am looking to move with my fiancee to thailand. We are going to rent an apartment and a small office and run a Thailand based branch of the company that I work for.

Would you know where to start?

I will initially need to come over to find an apartment etc, but once that it done, how do I go about completeing all the legalities?

It is very daunting at this stage but I hope you can help.

I will be paid from the UK which I believe, will convert into a lot of baht, meaning that we can live very well in Thailand.

I appreciate your advice!

Gary Sumpter

MagicTricks.co.uk

Hi all.

In the next few months I am looking to move with my fiancee to thailand. We are going to rent an apartment and a small office and run a Thailand based branch of the company that I work for.

Would you know where to start?

I will initially need to come over to find an apartment etc, but once that it done, how do I go about completeing all the legalities?

It is very daunting at this stage but I hope you can help.

I will be paid from the UK which I believe, will convert into a lot of baht, meaning that we can live very well in Thailand.

I appreciate your advice!

Gary Sumpter

MagicTricks.co.uk

When I came here I initially rented an apartment that I booked on the net, 30,000 a month. There are ads on the forum for places to rent, much better idea to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks and find the place you want in the area you want.

Legalities, most landlords want 2 - 3 months deposit and a month up front, if you live in the "expat" belt you are looking at 30 - 40,000 a month for a rabbit hutch and a 12 month contract, most places are furnished to some degree.

Live in the suburbs it's cheaper but maybe less English spoken.

Your company I assume will be sorting out the work permit etc?

Is your fiance Thai? if so she can help with the language side of things.

My advice, live out of the city and buy a car, driving is great fun here, like dodgems but with a real car!!!!!

But seriously, I live a 15 minute taxi ride away from the skytrain, 3 bed condo with a pool etc and pay 6000 a month!!!!!! plus 2000 a month electricity.

The cheaper your rent, the more beer tokens you have!!!!

If you need any more help pm me with your e mail.

Good luck

PS Try not to arrive in April, it's BL00DY hot!!

I forgot to ask, Which part of Thailand, I'm in Bangkok.

Edited by andyadam

You had better talk to the guys at Indo Siam.

They will be able to fill you in on how to set up your company here,

and get the necessary visas for a long term stay.

Not as easy as it could be, but possible.