Ryanair Considering Charging Passengers For Using The Toilet While Flying

livinthailandos

ok hope this got your attention, this was posted yesterday on bbc. They were actually considering putting a coin slot on the toilet door. This just might well be the beginning of airplane future we already get charged for everything so why am i not surprised the toilet charge would be coming. Not meant to spoof, anger, upset. But just want people to know its an actual article showing that if something is being considered how long before its actually put into place. ( note i know they were just considering it, but with the airlines you never know though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7914542.stm

Well it is an irish airline and I have allways thought that an easy charging method for an Irish pub would be free drinks but charge for the toilet.

Maybe they will change their logo....They could use something like that of of the isle of ManIsle_of_Man.png but with crossed legs.

10 Baht on Thai Air. Includes Shoulder Massage.

Pay the lady sat near the door. If the attendant lady is away for food and not available leave money in bowl on table

Plese Note toilets will close 30 mins before landing, sorry for any Inconvenence this is to enable the attendant to cash up.

At first glance this idea from Ryan Air might look like a winner. But consider this:

A big gang of drunken Cheap Charlie lads, back from a weekend in Dublin on their way back to Liverpool Airport. One of them has a sly piss in a 500ml empty water bottle then they all follow suit. There is a fumble, then a spillage all over the floor of the aircraft.

It won't take long before the entire Ryan Air fleet stinks like a urinal.

The clean-up cost for Ryan Air will wipe out any profits from coin slot toilets.

Edited by syd barrett

Reminds me of something funny that I saw on a Ryanair flight some years ago.

On boarding the flight to somewhere we were greeted by the most obnoxious flight attendant ever, now with the price we were paying we didn't expect nice, but she took it to extremes. Everyone was very rudely told that they couldn't sit in the first couple of rows by the front door, no big deal but she didn't need to be so rude.

Into the flight some guy wanted to go to the toilet, for free, she told he couldn't use the toilet, telling him to sit down in one of the banned seats, she promptly went to the toilet herself. Another member of the flight crew saw him a little later and politely asked him why he was sitting there, he replied that he wanted to use the loo but her colleague had told him to wait there, she told him he could use the loo and, before he could say her colleague was in there, she opened the door, the poor lass had forgotten to lock it and there she was with her knickers round her ankles. The glare on her face was only matched by the smiles from all the passengers.

Somewhat back to topic, I believe the crew have to pay for their own refreshments.

RyanAir, a disgrace to Ireland and to the airline business. By far the stingiest, most over-charging airline, constantly hawking wares. Even Aerlingus (forced to cut back their services to compete) lost my luggage twice, for days. But I would rather swim to Ireland than to fly Ryan Air again.

Do they accept baht???

Just trying to tenuously link it to Thai-related :o:D

Simon

You could link it by making a comparison with Air Asia. Like all budget airlines, they are OK for booking cheap flights - anything beyond that, forget it ! As I just discovered when trying to correct on on-line booking error (my fault, I accept) - Air Asia were inept at dealing with my call. Ryan Air would be the same and I think they have a premium rate number to call.

Michael O'Leary though, is a master publicist. I doubt that this this will actually be introduced but Ryanair's name will be remembered by more people - who will still book Ryanair flights if they are cheap.

I read the same thing today on another website and was considering to post it in TV..... but as can be seen here, some1 else already did.

I just hope those several moaners read this report on bbc and then finally stop moaning about AirAsia..... :o

Bring your chamber pot. That will solve the problem.

just piss on the floor,that should change their attitude.

HAHAHAHA!

The coin slot would never work. Too many countries with too many different coins they fly to. But they may consider credit card swiped doors. Than again not everybody has CCs. Neah .. the whole idea is idiotic .. to keep hundreds of people locked up at 10 000 feet and not provide a toilet. Maybe they are tring to encourage the passangers to do it off the wing outside?

Bring your chamber pot. That will solve the problem.

No need for that.....just the brown paper bag n the rack with the magazine

Sick bags were disposed of a long time ago on Ryanair.

It is telling that ryan air regard staff charging personal mobiles at their desk as committing theft. I suspect the only people treated worse than the customers are the staff. I suspect rthat he is either publicity seeking or planning to announce something not quite as outrageous.

Cannot really comment on the service, never flown with them. but then you don't need to chop your hand off to know that its going to hurt like hel_l; so why bother flying with them

Budget airline mulls charging passengers to use toilet

IRISH budget airline Ryanair is considering charging passengers to use the toilet on its flights.

Chief executive Michael O'Leary said the no-frills Irish carrier was looking at the possibility of charging $2.20 to enter its on-board lavatories.

Mr O'Leary defended the idea, saying the airline was always keen to find ways of raising "discretionary revenue" to keep air fares down.

But his spokesman cautioned Michael O'Leary often just made things up at will.

"One thing we have looked at in the past and are looking at again is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in future," O'Leary told BBC television.

He said this would not inconvenience passengers travelling without cash. "I don't think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound."

A spokesman said the airline had considered the fee as a possible source of extra revenue since passengers had the option of not using the toilet on board, but added that "maybe O'Leary was just taking the p*** this morning."

"Michael makes a lot of this stuff up as he goes along and while this has been discussed internally there are no immediate plans to introduce it," Stephen McNamara said in a statement.

O'Leary has a reputation as a cost-cutter, expanding Ryanair by offering low headline fares and charging extra for items such as additional luggage.

Last week, Ryanair announced it was to shut all check-in desks at airports and have passengers check in online instead.

"We're all about finding ways of raising discretionary revenue so we can keep lowering the cost of air travel," he said.

- with Reuters

O'Leary is a master publicist, and was obviously taking the p***

Ryanair, like Airasia - you get what you pay for.

I think he's a credit to Ireland - finally forced the previous monopoly airline, Aer Lingus, to reduce its fares to compete. And he's right, who gets on a plane with less than £1 in their pocket?