Retirement Visas In Thailand Part I

The article was written about a Non-Immigrant "O-A" long stay (retirement) visa which can only be obtained from ones home country; i.e., Australia, Germany, UK, or US etc.This type of visa is not available in Thailand or from any of the nearby Thai consulates , so any discussion about the requirements for issuance of said visa are not valid within and do not apply to Thailand.

that's all theory and what the regulations say. practice is different and varies.

I would be extremely interested in hearing from anybody that has received a Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa, not an extension of stay, issued by immigration in Thailand and stamped in their passport. Theory, regulations and practice aside, lets hear from anybody with an actual Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa issued in Thailand or from a nearby Thai consulate to somebody not a local national. If you claim to have one, please post a picture of it here, plenty of people would like to put this question to rest.

Edited by InterestedObserver

I think the OP is confused. The article is correct as this is exactly what I did to get my Thai O-A visa in the USA. The only difference to the article was that I downloaded the needed forms from the Thai Embassy website and that I used the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles not Washington.

You did not use the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles. You used the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. Each country only has ONE Embassy, the rest are Consulates.

Thailand has Consulates in:

Chicago

Los Angeles

New York

Royal Thai Consulates-General, (Honorary Consuls-General)

MONTGOMERY, AL

DENVER, CO

CORAL GABLES, FL

HONOLULU, HI

NEW ORLEANS, LA

BOSTON, MA

OVERLAND PARK, KS

PORTLAND, OR

DALLAS, TX

EL PASO, TX

HOUSTON, TX

Source: http://www.oeadc.org/thailand/

The article was written about a Non-Immigrant "O-A" long stay (retirement) visa which can only be obtained from ones home country; i.e., Australia, Germany, UK, or US etc.This type of visa is not available in Thailand or from any of the nearby Thai consulates , so any discussion about the requirements for issuance of said visa are not valid within and do not apply to Thailand.

that's all theory and what the regulations say. practice is different and varies.

I would be extremely interested in hearing from anybody that has received a Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa, not an extension of stay, issued by immigration in Thailand and stamped in their passport. Theory, regulations and practice aside, lets hear from anybody with an actual Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa issued in Thailand or from a nearby Thai consulate to somebody not a local national. If you claim to have one, please post a picture of it here, plenty of people would like to put this question to rest.

Since nobody posted a response I conclude that a Non-Immigrant "O-A" retirement visa is not available from within Thailand and only can be obtained from your home country.

I am married already more then 1 year with my Thai wife, are all the rules same for me especially the bank rule or income rule????

You have to show an income of 40,000 a month or 400,000 in aThai bankaccount for 2 months.