Furniture Options In Petchabun Town

Mahseer

I'll be furnishing a house in Phetchabun town over the next 3 months and just wonder what sort of options I will have to puchase locally. I can find all the shops off 21 in time but are there any shops to recommend in the town or anywhere close? I will need to buy everything top to bottom and more than willing to buy locally if the product is reasonable in terms of quality and price but aware that the likes of Phitsanulok will have gretaer variety and of course would be willing to deliver for free if I drop a few bob.

Any excellent carpenters/cabinet makers about?

Cheers

I'll be furnishing a house in Phetchabun town over the next 3 months and just wonder what sort of options I will have to puchase locally. I can find all the shops off 21 in time but are there any shops to recommend in the town or anywhere close? I will need to buy everything top to bottom and more than willing to buy locally if the product is reasonable in terms of quality and price but aware that the likes of Phitsanulok will have gretaer variety and of course would be willing to deliver for free if I drop a few bob.

Any excellent carpenters/cabinet makers about?

Cheers

Phits has a lot of large furniture shops Index,Idea,Koncept,etc. Would imagine they would deliver. I'm having cbinets made for kitchen and quotes are 9-12000 per meter.

There's an furniture shop in Phetchabun, opposite the (old) bus station, across the main road and left about 100 yards or so, after the road that kasikorn bank is on, which has Koncept stuff there. If you ask in there, the senior staff speak some English, and they did have a range of kitchen cupboards etc., but not on display, the manager took us in the lift to have a look upstairs. Delivery was cheap (maybe even free- can't remember), and they send a crew to fit everything together. We bought a bedroom suite, oven, fridge, TV , UBC satellite dish, and TV stand, and 3 piece suite there, 4 years ago. All still OK, would be happy to buy there again. We bought the stuff at lunchtime, got a lift home with the lorry bringing it all, (we live in an out of the way place), and it was all fitted and working by 4pm. Very impressed with the service.

Also bought 6 seater dining room table from there a couple of years ago, again, no complaints with quality of goods or service.

We prefer to buy locally, whenever possible, would certainly look in Phetchabun Index first, before going anywhere else.

Edited by WeeGB

Thanks lads, I'll certainly take a look at places mentioned.

I did have a brief look around P/lok and they have plenty of options as mentioned and the Index looks as big as the one in Chiang Mai and there is every chance I'll be able to buy 80% of what I need there in one hit which is tempting but I'll certainly check Petchabuhn options first.

Thanks again

We have bought furniture from a local store in Tap Khlo on the highway going out to Taphan Hin, which is west of Phetchabun via Chon Daen. It is nice quality, handmade, locally made furniture, although not inexpensive. I think our bedroom set with matching bed, clothes closet and vanity stand was around 40k-50k. They have a lot of nice living room, bedroom and outdoor furniture. Nice stuff made mostly out of teak wood (aka "mai suk").

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the store, just the location, which is on the north side of the road outside Tap Khlo and about 10 minutes east of Taphan Hin. This isn't the only place, just the only one I can remember easily. Delivery and labor to move everything into the house is included in the sale price. Also, there is no double pricing (e.g., Thai price and farang price). I would be suspect of any place that wants to charge you extra for delivery and installation.

From the center of Phetch city, it would probably take you about an hour to get there. From Rt.21, pick up Rt.113 at Wang Chompu and head west over the mountains. Go straight through the intersection with Rt.11 at Khao Sai. Then it's another 10km or so to this particular store. According to my map, Tap Khlo is about 80km from Phetch city.

We have bought furniture from a local store in Tap Khlo on the highway going out to Taphan Hin, which is west of Phetchabun via Chon Daen. It is nice quality, handmade, locally made furniture, although not inexpensive. I think our bedroom set with matching bed, clothes closet and vanity stand was around 40k-50k. They have a lot of nice living room, bedroom and outdoor furniture. Nice stuff made mostly out of teak wood (aka "mai suk").

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the store, just the location, which is on the north side of the road outside Tap Khlo and about 10 minutes east of Taphan Hin. This isn't the only place, just the only one I can remember easily. Delivery and labor to move everything into the house is included in the sale price. Also, there is no double pricing (e.g., Thai price and farang price). I would be suspect of any place that wants to charge you extra for delivery and installation.

From the center of Phetch city, it would probably take you about an hour to get there. From Rt.21, pick up Rt.113 at Wang Chompu and head west over the mountains. Go straight through the intersection with Rt.11 at Khao Sai. Then it's another 10km or so to this particular store. According to my map, Tap Khlo is about 80km from Phetch city.

Spee, thanks man. The family live in Khao Sai area and the wife is there now so this is excellent. I'll have her check this out this week.

Thanks for posting

I gotta general question...I want to have a made-to-order rocking chair made, built for my dimensions and weight, which would require a good furniture builder. I live in a small rural town in Suphanburi probably a lot like Petchabun. Where would one go to find the furniture builder? With the wife we were in a local furniture store buying some cheap press board wardrobes and I asked the sales person but they couldn't help.

Normally I'd look in the phone book but that technique doesn't seem to work in Thailand... :o

We have bought furniture from a local store in Tap Khlo on the highway going out to Taphan Hin, which is west of Phetchabun via Chon Daen. It is nice quality, handmade, locally made furniture, although not inexpensive.

Just to update the information Spee supplied: The wife visited the shop mentioned and now has a list as long as my bloody arm of what she wants to buy. She was well impressed with the quality and as Spee quotes this stuff is far from cheap but that is always true when dealing with teak. I am not in town for another 3 weeks but will certainly visit and will likely pick out some key pieces from the wifes list.

Top man Spee

• 2 weeks later...

happybkk, well if this person is local to Petchabuhn town then I just may take you up on that offer but let me tell you what the task will be first.

Garden is about 70tw and will be barren but level when we take the keys so this would be a project starting with getting the soil sorted out first. My wife has a list of shrubs and a couple of smaller trees she wants and would be interested to know if they are available locally. She also wants a water feature and some decent sized rocks thrown about. Me? I'll be looking for some shade as I'll hopefully be recently retired. Not too much to ask eh?

If your man is up to this then may be worth meeting up. We'll be in town on the 27th so if you want to PM me his number I'll have the wife call and we'll go from there or you can post the number here if you wish.

This person is Thai yes?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi after giving the telephonenumbers didn't here anything anymore. hope for you you tip to phetchabun was ok.

happybkk, well if this person is local to Petchabuhn town then I just may take you up on that offer but let me tell you what the task will be first.

Garden is about 70tw and will be barren but level when we take the keys so this would be a project starting with getting the soil sorted out first. My wife has a list of shrubs and a couple of smaller trees she wants and would be interested to know if they are available locally. She also wants a water feature and some decent sized rocks thrown about. Me? I'll be looking for some shade as I'll hopefully be recently retired. Not too much to ask eh?

If your man is up to this then may be worth meeting up. We'll be in town on the 27th so if you want to PM me his number I'll have the wife call and we'll go from there or you can post the number here if you wish.

This person is Thai yes?

Thanks

Hi after giving the telephone numbers didn't here anything anymore. hope for you you tip to phetchabun was ok.

happybkk, things were far more frantic than expected and I spent half of my time running around shops picking out fixtures which I hadn't planned for. I am still interested and will give you a call to let you know when I am next in town and will swing by Nong Phai.

Cheers