90day Reports By Mail

One of the very few Thai establishments I trust less than the police (including immigration) is the post office.

Fortunately, I live 20 minutes from an immigration office.

Edited by Texpat

Thanks for that LB.

However, looking at the Immigration website, the English version says 'Room 206' which if I remember correctly is upstairs. But the Thai version says 'Counter 3' which is in the main office area to the left on entering.

I prefer to address my envelopes in Thai so as there's no confusion (always the optimist, eh??!! :o )

Anyone else?

What is the exact address (ie room number,counter number or department at Suan Plu) for 90 day postal reports?

From the Immigration Website. Note that they now want a 10 Baht Stamp for the return.

Hi....I live in Petchaboon Province. I just got back from Bangkok Immigration to do a 90 day report. I asked them if I could do the 90 day report by slow post/mail next time. They said: NO, NOT IN BANGKOK.

The rules are so crazy and change so much, I just did not have the time or energy to ask why. I don't know what is going on now with the 90 day reporting in Bangkok.

That is not a website but an email adress.

Yes, I think we now need to start sending our 90 day reports to our own regional immigration office. That would also be how I interpret the new regulation regarding your own immigration area.

Yes, I think we now need to start sending our 90 day reports to our own regional immigration office. That would also be how I interpret the new regulation regarding your own immigration area.

That is all well and good if they accept postal reports. The likes of Nong Kai have not up to now.

Does that mean we can never go on holiday around the country if our 90 day report is due?

Crazy.

That is all well and good if they accept postal reports. The likes of Nong Kai have not up to now.

Does that mean we can never go on holiday around the country if our 90 day report is due?

Crazy.

Not a problem as you have 7 days either side of your report date to send TM47. Not only that, you dont have to report in person, others can take your TM47 in for you. It's just a notification of abode. What's the big sweat for ? Just go on holiday and post TM47 from where ever you are at the time, to your local office. Edited by coventry

Crazy.

Not a problem as you have 7 days either side of your report date to send TM47. Not only that, you dont have to report in person, others can take your TM47 in for you. It's just a notification of abode. What's the big sweat for ? Just go on holiday and post TM47 from where ever you are at the time, to your local office.

Not every office accepts 90 day reporting by mail.

Crazy.

Not a problem as you have 7 days either side of your report date to send TM47. Not only that, you dont have to report in person, others can take your TM47 in for you. It's just a notification of abode. What's the big sweat for ? Just go on holiday and post TM47 from where ever you are at the time, to your local office.

Not every office accepts 90 day reporting by mail.

Okay but one still doesn't have to report personally, it's never been a requirement of the 90 day reporting, as far as I'm aware. Edited by coventry

I was at the Expats meeting on Sun morning,& an American member suggested that why doesn't the goverment here in Thailand look at changing the 90 day reporting rule to, Only notifying the Immigration Police when you have changed,or about to change your address, & it then puts the onus on the farang, who would then face a big fine, or possible deportation if they didn't adhere to the rule.After all said & done, the farang here on Non-Immigrant "O" Visa with a 1 yr Retirement Extension, mostly buy Condos or buy houses, so they don't change their address's very often, hence I think it's a complete waste of Time,Paper,& labour at the Immigration Office's.

now the immigration areas are being enforced do I do my 90 days by mail to Ayuttaya or Bangkok?

:o what 2do

Unless the immigration office for your area specifically agrees that they accept the report by mail or the immigration head office in Bangkok informs you in writing that it does, I think you should continue to do the mail report to Bangkok, based on the information published on their website.

--

Maestro

now the immigration areas are being enforced do I do my 90 days by mail to Ayuttaya or Bangkok?

:o what 2do

Unless the immigration office for your area specifically agrees that they accept the report by mail or the immigration head office in Bangkok informs you in writing that it does, I think you should continue to do the mail report to Bangkok, based on the information published on their website.

--

Maestro

As I said previous I mailed my 90 day report to Bangkok. They processed it but also informed me in writing that I was to use Nong Khai next time. Quoting immigration order #38/2552 issued 5/2/2009.

Crazy.

If you can send it in via mail, then that is not a huge problem. But how many of us trust the Thai Postal service?

If I want to make sure they get the 90 day notification, I will have to make a very long trip to Nan.........I live in Petchaboon, but just across the southern border. I am not near Nan. IT WILL BE VERY INCONVENIENT AND EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING.

They should: 1) drop the 90 day reporting rule altogether, or 2) allow us to report at any immigration station.

Now I am concerned about leaving the country. Will I have to go all the way to Nan just to get the proper "re-entry permit?" If so, that is NUTS!

Reporting is advised to be done by EMS, so you have proof of sending it.

As for the re-entry permit, yes it seems to be the case that you have to go to Nan before you can take the airplane at BKK. Hopefully immigration will relent on this and I hope we will get reports saying BKK-immigration gives re-entry permits to people from other regions.

Some Immigration will accept by mail, some will not(mine will not) Nong Khai the one nearest me(140km) said no must come in person. Power that be WHAT up with this? :D:D:D:o

My Wife just phoned Nong Kai Immigration as I am in the same boat.

The lady she spoke to said that you can send it by post but they recomend you do it in person because if it gets lost in the post etc. you will have a problem. Too many if's, but's and maybe's.