The Old Farang Near Soi 20-22

colino

that he had just arrived in Bangkok on a bus from Chaing Mai that day, and all his stuff was stolen, including money... also that he had been to the Embassey and they wouldnt help him and if he could borrow 1,000 THB and he will pay you back

Yes... the same old crap.

He tried it on me between soi 5/7 lower Suk one night.

He comes over all friendly "hello mate" like he's know you forever, then proceeds with a cock and bull story about Chiang Mai and lost passports, and no one will help him.

The 1st time he was told politley "no, mate, sorry"

After that I have also encountered him near soi 22, when they're not so many people about and he tried to threaten me when i didn't answer him (as i've heard it all before)

BEWARE!!

that he had just arrived in Bangkok on a bus from Chaing Mai that day, and all his stuff was stolen, including money... also that he had been to the Embassey and they wouldnt help him and if he could borrow 1,000 THB and he will pay you back

He comes over all friendly "hello mate" like he's know you forever, then proceeds with a cock and bull story about Chiang Mai and lost passports, and no one will help him.

After that I have also encountered him near soi 22, when they're not so many people about and he tried to threaten me when i didn't answer him (as i've heard it all before)

BEWARE!!

I bet he does the same thing around Picadilly Station when he's at Home..

You can take the Boy out of Manchester............................ :o

His speech was bad just mumbling maybe european but not slurred from drink, all I know is that he walks up 22 then

up to the next 7-11

and hangs around and has a long stick that he writes with? he has never asked me for anything,

colino

The famous Stickman maybe?

brilliant, except it would be hard to tell. i have heard someone else is carrying the stick for him now.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the writing giving inanimate objects personality, i.e. ATM "reluctant to return his card" and "11 miserly phone booths...refused to disburse cash..." Absolutely hilarious writing that reminds me of many comedic sketches and satire.

Edited by Jimjim

BEWARE!!

I gave this lad 500 THB the first time I met him outside central world. I presumed he was making it all up but gave him the cash just in case he was actually in bother.

I wasn't as charitable the next time he came up to me with the same story.

Edited by cloudbusting

I too, saw the fellow (after a description I was told it was certainly him) in Central Silom having a loud, animated argument with some invisible person. It kind of freaked out the girl I was eating lunch with at the coffee shop. Just seemed completely bonkers and I wondered what he was doing in Thailand and why he couldn't be in his home country getting some much needed psychiatric help. That said, it certainly livened up my lunch a bit to see such a display.

No tramp. Saw him in Starbucks Suk soi 5, drank 3 coffee's @ 100 baht a pop before i cud finish 1. ( or maybe his friend drank it )

I too, saw the fellow (after a description I was told it was certainly him) in Central Silom having a loud, animated argument with some invisible person. It kind of freaked out the girl I was eating lunch with at the coffee shop. Just seemed completely bonkers and I wondered what he was doing in Thailand and why he couldn't be in his home country getting some much needed psychiatric help. That said, it certainly livened up my lunch a bit to see such a display.

No tramp. Saw him in Starbucks Suk soi 5, drank 3 coffee's @ 100 baht a pop before i cud finish 1. ( or maybe his friend drank it )

they should chuck him back to where ever he came from