Honda Getting Desperate

Thought they did, I've had maybe a dozen phone calls from one particular insurance broker trying to sell me insurance for my two CRVs, in the end my wife told them to stop bothering me or we will refer the matter to the police, (as if they care)

I have just found out Honda Motors sells the personal information of it's customers to 3rd Parties – take care as this can result in problems for all of Honda's customers.

Maybe you could tell us HOW you discovered this and what exact problems you foresee from this. I would think it is standard practice for a lot of companies. :o

I have just found out Honda Motors sells the personal information of it's customers to 3rd Parties – take care as this can result in problems for all of Honda's customers.

Maybe you could tell us HOW you discovered this and what exact problems you foresee from this. I would think it is standard practice for a lot of companies. :o

Very simple, as with Rimmer in the post before yours, a strange insurance girl called trying to sell insurance (even though the renewal date is some 5 months away !!)

As for problems, again see Rimmer's post as an example of one nuisance they cause.

As for problems, the stupid girl from the brokerage knew we had two CRVs the older one comes up for renewal before the brand new one. The fully comp on the old one is down over a period of eight years to just B9000, she quoted my wife a price of 25,000 fully comp on the old one and we could pay by installments, Duh! If I had not been paying attention or one can short of six pack I might have jumped at the chance to pay by installments thinking it was for the new vehicle or maybe not looking at the total cost. I'd call that a problem wouldn't you?

The entire business of selling confidential customer information may not be illegal but is certainly unethical and I shall be taking the matter up with Honda.

Economy is slowly tanking, going for the worse. Be prepared to get more calls as more and more people/companies get desperate for business.

I don't like my info being sold to 3rd party either,... but whenever I get that call,... i just say "Sorry, I don't speak thai. Can you speak english?"

Whenever I get nuisance or sales calls, I tell the caller, "Please hang on a minute, I have to finish doing something, don't hang up..." then I lay the phone down without hanging up, and just walk away. A minute or so later, the caller will tire of waiting and will hang up on their own. Not bad if it's a land line, but if on your mobile, then you also get units/baht eaten up.

first thing to do: ask for their personal mobile number/or home number and say you'll call back.

if they give you an office number tell them you want their personal number. if u dont get it hang up.

if they have yours its only fair you have theirs.

Totster, in Hong Kong, receiving calls get minutes charged to your monthly allotment, I believe. Certainly this is so if on int'l roaming. I assume this is also case in Thailand, but I'm not exactly sure. Whatever, the amounts involved are minimal.

Totster, in Hong Kong, receiving calls get minutes charged to your monthly allotment, I believe. Certainly this is so if on int'l roaming. I assume this is also case in Thailand, but I'm not exactly sure. Whatever, the amounts involved are minimal.

IN Singapore as well and if not on a package then it does cost you !

Economy is slowly tanking, going for the worse. Be prepared to get more calls as more and more people/companies get desperate for business.

I don't like my info being sold to 3rd party either,... but whenever I get that call,... i just say "Sorry, I don't speak thai. Can you speak english?"

Why even waste ones breath? Just answer and immediately hang up. Thats what we do with all the junk DTAC calls. If one doesn't answer, the calls don't stop.