Non-o Visa Based On Child Of Foreigners

I'm currently on a Non-B and my wife is on a Non-O. We had a child in Thailand while living/working here legally. Is it possible for me to change to a Non-O to support the child(and avoid interruptions every job change, avoid the teacher harassment, etc)?

If your child goes to school in Thailand you can be a dependend of him/her. It would require you to show 500,000 in a Thai bank account per parent.

Look here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html 2.11 is the right one.

He's only 2 months old :o

I read the post you put up and it says

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

In other necessary circumstances, The Immigration Commissioner or Deputy of Immigration Commissioner may approve on case to case basis.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

So does my child qualify as a "Thai" for purposes of this visa?

If your child goes to school in Thailand you can be a dependend of him/her. It would require you to show 500,000 in a Thai bank account per parent.

Look here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html 2.11 is the right one.

I believe that it is 400,000 Baht in the bank and only 1 parent per child can apply.

Well, check the link I provided. But believe you are right on the one parent per child.

I believe that it is 400,000 Baht in the bank and only 1 parent per child can apply.

Well, check the link I provided. But believe you are right on the one parent per child.

Correct 500,000 Baht and 1 parent per Child.