Thai Passport Question

My wife is currently in Thailand, she has been resident in the UK for the past 5 years and has ILR status.

She travelled out on a ticket booked under her current passport (with the visa stamp in), this passport had been extended till 2010 but she has now applied and been given a new thai passport from wherever in bangkok.

Question: Obviously she can travel back to the UK on the new passport providing she still has the old passport - flights etc will be booked on an e-ticket under this passport, but when the new passport is issued by the thai authorities will the old one be automatically cancelled?

Also is it true that we neednt pay to have the ILR stamp transfered to the new passport - or are we likely to get a ball ache when she returns to the UK in 3 months time?

Which reminds me - how long can she stay out of the UK on ILR visa?

Thanks in advance - confused

Edited by rio666uk

she must travel with 2 passports, the old one with the visa is cancelled but the visa is still valid for the duration of the visa. but she must also take her new passport with her as this is now her valid passport. I did a simular kind of thing at xmas with a spanish visa in the old passport and a renewed passport with no problems