Real Helmets

dotcom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a mile better than the cheapie stuff, better than any index or domestic type brand I have seen.. tho I wouldnt think they are up with Arai / shoei / etc..

About as good as low / mid end western brands I would say..

For the price they are unbeatable. Perfect for the girlfriend. They have a removable liner like a HJC. Cost around 1000 baht.

Don't know what you are thanking me for - I still don't know where there is a dealer. Not buying off internet either, want a test fit.

I'm thanking you because you got the list up.

I'm not buying off the internet either until at least I know which one of their lids fits my head size.

They have a special until the end of this month, the helmet thats normally 1450 baht is 800 baht, so it would be good to pick one up this month, if one was to get one.

For the price they are unbeatable. Perfect for the girlfriend. They have a removable liner like a HJC. Cost around 1000 baht.

Don't know what you are thanking me for - I still don't know where there is a dealer. Not buying off internet either, want a test fit.

I tested their sizing but local dealer was a pain about ordering me a different color / model.. Their thainess of service made me order online and it was painless.

I have two - just bought a half-face yesterday. Lots of places carry them in Chiang Mai.

The SEEM to be well made. Nice finishing - logos and everything are painted on under the glaze (no stickers). They SEEM strong, and they are very comfortable - even the chin strap is comfortable.

They SEEM much better than the Index and other Thai companies...

I hope they are as they seem!

Just got a Real Stealth yesterday. Looks like they're the ones that come free with the purchase of Kawasaki Ninjas. So far, so good. It is actually cooler and more comfy than my old half-face helmet from Tesco Lotus! But then again, was it cooler today??

• 5 months later...
I tried one on but the local agent was being difficult about ordering one..

Emailed them.. Paid by ATM.. Helmet here in post a couple of days later.. Good service.

Same problem here.Tried one at a local shop but has only sizes L XL XXL,thos little thais must have big heads,and is reluctant to order a medium size.

Been to the website,no phone number published,contact page shows up but doesn't function,email address also not published.

Do you have phone number or so to contact them?

Maybe little of topic but I have brought previously several (expensive)helmets from europe only to find out that after about 1 year they get useless here.Because the lock is full of rust and more important the sponge like material that covers the Styrofoam inside the helmet turns to dust which in turn sticks on your head but also makes that the helmet gets to big.

Someone a solution against this.Have thai helmets the same problem or have they a prevention against this symptoms.

What about the semi full coverage and full coverage helmets one finds in Honda shops around Pattaya that have the Honda name on them? These seem a lot better than the freebies one gets when he purchases a new motorbike yet they are not nearly as expensive as the big name brands one buys in the U.S.

What about the semi full coverage and full coverage helmets one finds in Honda shops around Pattaya that have the Honda name on them? These seem a lot better than the freebies one gets when he purchases a new motorbike yet they are not nearly as expensive as the big name brands one buys in the U.S.

Look closely and you'll see that most of those helmets are cheap Index or other cheap brand helmets that do NOT meet DOT standards. The only Thai brand I know of that meets DOT standards is REAL brand. Kawasaki sells Kawasaki badged REAL helmets. Can someone check and tell us what brand the Honda badged helmets are?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Look closely and you'll see that most of those helmets are cheap Index or other cheap brand helmets that do NOT meet DOT standards. The only Thai brand I know of that meets DOT standards is REAL brand. Kawasaki sells Kawasaki badged REAL helmets. Can someone check and tell us what brand the Honda badged helmets are?

Happy Trails!

Tony

The honda helmets have a index label stitched inside.

Visited today 7 shops that stock Real helmets,not one could offer me a medium size,a flood of xl and xxl available.

Didn't know that the average thai had such a big head.

Same problem here.Tried one at a local shop but has only sizes L XL XXL,thos little thais must have big heads,and is reluctant to order a medium size.

Intersting. Normally all helmets at Tesco or Carrefour only have S and M sizes. So, I complain why they not stock for Farangs, only for small Thai heads. :)

I bought a small Real for the gf a few months ago - small shop on SriNakarin, just before Onnut. I could probably find it on Google Earth if you want. The shop owner said there is only one size, they change the thickness of the padding to change the size, so he ordered thicker pads from Real. Took 4 days. He would not order another color though -even though we said we'd pay upfront. First dealer we went to is on Phayathai near Big C - he wouldn't even take the helmets off the shelf to try on!!! Even the gf couldn't believe that one. And then they are amazed when you don't buy.

Netfan.. Real use 2 sizes for the helmet shell. and then yes they change the lining. And the best place to buy them is at the bike shows.

Sinewave..you got your helmet overlayed with carbon fibre lookalike vinyl.........umm why?

And are you sure that the adhesive is ok for helmet shells.

Well then big boy as gambling is illegal in the Kingdom of Thailand i'm afraid i cannot 'put my money where my hole is' .

Tell ya what though post some pictures of your fantastic creation. Or are you all talk and no trousers.

Also what brand helmet is it.

Livin. i googled it and the 1st description is

'8 Harness Satin Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric/Cloth 60" 3k 10.9oz. This fabric has a width of 60", tow size of 3k and is woven in a 8 harness satin weave. This material has a very unique visual appearance and is a medium duty fabric for quick buildup. This material also provides high strength. Thickness .018".

AND

'To harden the raw fabric into a usable form, you will need the appropriate resin or epoxy for your project.'

I'm still not sure how the resin or epoxy would fair with a modern helmet shell.

Sorry Peace.. It always seems to get out of hand when Sinewave can't put up with a bit of joshing. By the way Sinewave still waiting for the pictures.

Edited by thaicbr

adding layers of CF and kevlar to the original would only make it stronger...adding a further layer of honeycomb would increase impact dispersion even further.

tell you what, i'll ride with my helmet and you keep your ABS plastic helmets...when you lose it and smash the concrete head first remember me when your in the ambulance.

it appears Arai already makes them, as well as a few others, i bet your wondering why you didn't search on the net before opening your holes

http://www.peepculture.com/arai-gp-6rc-carbon-fiber-helmet/

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/transport/ar...sh_for_5000.php

http://www.likecool.com/The_Arai_GP_-6RC_H...cycle--Car.html

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Ca...ts-More-Comming

any last words?

Edited by sinewave