Landscaping And Garden Design

Rasseru

Some of the stalls in Khamthieng market (next to Tesco Lotus) also run landscaping businesses. Walk around, get their biz cards and call each at your leisure. If you meet the boss while collecting cards, so much the better—talk things out right there and then.

Last time I was there, I ate a a small, nicely-dcorated air-conditioned restaurant owned by a landscaping company, you could ask there as well.

Thanks for both suggestions.

By googling, I found a place called Kensington, which offers many property- and housing-related services, including landscaping and garden design. If anyone has any experience with these people, in any area, I would appreciate your thoughts about them.

Thanks for both suggestions.

By googling, I found a place called Kensington, which offers many property- and housing-related services, including landscaping and garden design. If anyone has any experience with these people, in any area, I would appreciate your thoughts about them.

Contact Horticraft Co. Ltd.; Eddie (Canadian) 081 8831540 We provide landscape design, construction, maintenance, tree care, pest control/ plant health care services to Kensington and others. Website is under revision and not available right now. Or PM me directly. Don

I am looking for a person or company in Chiangmai to help me, preferably in English or Japanese, with designing and setting up a garden. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Rasseru, Stuart said I could give you his number - 085 77179208. He knows sooo much about plants, gardens, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Some of the stalls in Khamthieng market (next to Tesco Lotus) also run landscaping businesses. Walk around, get their biz cards and call each at your leisure. If you meet the boss while collecting cards, so much the better—talk things out right there and then.

Last time I was there, I ate a a small, nicely-dcorated air-conditioned restaurant owned by a landscaping company, you could ask there as well.

Be sure and get them to come to your house to see the grounds and make an estimate (for free).

Make sure you thoroughly discuss immediate looks and long term looks. I say this because Land & Houses sometimes uses a landscaper that goes for immediate results and will plant short, fast growing plants next to tall, slow growing ones and next year they will be fighting each other for space and water and fertilizers. I had to remove 30%-40% of what he planted before we bought the house (and declinded to use him when he offered to re-do it for me).

And you might also want to consider whether or not they have a complete nursery. That is, can they provide most of what you want from their own stock on hand or are they going to be just a middle man for most of the plants. I used one with the nursery and think it helped me get a lower price. And I continue to go back there to get plants for all the changes I do on my own.

I would really suggest getting a fried that speaks Thai to help you. The difference in price can be significant (and I mean tens of thousands of baht when you are dealing with a large yard or a complete change) when you deal with a landscaper who speaks English(& Japanese?) well from dealing with lots of expats versus dealing with one whose business is 99% "local".

Thanks to all for your good and helpful suggestions. I have not followed up on any of them yet, because other projects have pushed ahead of my garden project in terms of urgency and priority, but I have bookmarked this thread and will follow up on your suggestions in due course.