Marijuana (pot) Is Illegal In Thailand

Jingthing

Which best describes your marijuana use in Thailand?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Marijuana (pot) is illegal In Thailand.

Is the deterrent working for you?

My answer was: I don't use pot in Thailand because I don't want to

This poll is for anyone who visits Thailand, from tourists to residents.

Edited by Jingthing

A rather risque poll jingthing.

You did not include an "I don't use pot anywhere" option.

The reason being that I turn into a grinning paranoid freak who would think that anybody having a conversation where talking about me.

But "would" the deterrent work for me should still I be a smoker? (which I used to be), then I would answer no because it was only my physical and physcological (sp?) reactions to pot, and not the legal risks that led me to quit.

The intention of the poll is CURRENT use in Thailand. I made it very limited INTENTIONALLY. Nothing to do with people's HISTORY of drug use. The answer if you have a history and have stopped is

I don't use pot in Thailand because I don't want to

I don't ask about you Mama's hair color either!

Funny, I think it is almost clinical.

The implied purpose of the poll (assuming any poll on thaivisa has any meaning) is to gauge the percentage of people saying

I don't use pot in Thailand because it is illegal

because that would show that the law is effective if there a lot people saying that. Thus the heading: Is the deterrent working for you?

Of course if I need to explain this so much, I wrote a crappy poll. Sorry, I will try harder next time. But no guarantees. Just like everyone is a comedian, everyone is also a poll critic.

Edited by Jingthing

The intention of the poll is CURRENT use in Thailand. I made it very limited INTENTIONALLY. Nothing to do with people's HISTORY of drug use. The answer if you have a history and have stopped is

I don't use pot in Thailand because I don't want to

I don't ask about you Mama's hair color either!

Funny, I think it is almost clinical.

I didn't read the poll questions properly.

My Mama's hair colour is Brown.

I'm a Californian and have been a frequent smoker throughout adulthood. I plan to visit Thailand for three months later this year. During that time, there will undoubtedly be times that I wish I could unwind with a spliff. However, you won't catch me touching the stuff in Thailand. It isn't worth a prison sentence. Breaking the law in my own country is one thing, but breaking it while a guest of another country is simply disrespectful. If anyone produces cannabis in my immediate vicinity while I'm in Thailand, I will do an about face and RUN AWAY FAST.

Yes, I'm afraid of the consequences in Thailand and I find the deterrent sufficiently terrifying.

So if I vote: I use pot in Thailand, the law does not deter me: will this be taken down and used in evidence against me?

Who in their right mind is going to admit to doing anything illegal on a public forum?

Anyone that asks such dumb questions is probably a wacy baccy user themselves.

So if I vote: I use pot in Thailand, the law does not deter me: will this be taken down and used in evidence against me?

Who in their right mind is going to admit to doing anything illegal on a public forum?

One of the common side effects of pot use is

PARANOIA!!!!!

post-37101-1236541924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

I'm a Californian and have been a frequent smoker throughout adulthood. I plan to visit Thailand for three months later this year. During that time, there will undoubtedly be times that I wish I could unwind with a spliff. However, you won't catch me touching the stuff in Thailand. It isn't worth a prison sentence. Breaking the law in my own country is one thing, but breaking it while a guest of another country is simply disrespectful. If anyone produces cannabis in my immediate vicinity while I'm in Thailand, I will do an about face and RUN AWAY FAST.

Yes, I'm afraid of the consequences in Thailand and I find the deterrent sufficiently terrifying.

Great answer

Edited by Jingthing

Depending on your state of mind when smoking, the effects you will feel differ. I think people who are worried/aprehensive or nut cases in the first place who smoke get paranoia, but normal people generally have a laugh, fall asleep then eat something.

I definatley wouldn't be smoking (edit: or breaking laws in general) in another country on holiday, it's just not worth it. Plus i'm on holiday to do things, not be lazy.

Edited by scottyd

What is the charge for possession? They wouldn't put you in jail for smoking pot, would they? :o

500baht or taking your stash...........

nah it´s little bit more than 500THB depends how much you carry with you and how many cops involved and

if they like your face or not.

Don´t do any other drugs in Thailand, "Yabba" or "Ice" ain´t no joke when caught because they

are class 1 drugs and Marijuhana is class 5.

There are even Urine Tests in some discotheks in Pattaya and even the usage from Amphetamine can make

you trouble (Marijuhana/THC they don´t care/test)

Only smoke in your room not outside (even at Koh Chang :D and be careful from who you buy stuff.

I

A dis JOINTED thread

What do you expect from a man from BONGlamung? (Pattaya joke.)

I'd like to see another survey about how many members were potheads when they were kids, but can't figure how that would be Thai related.

Hmmm. Maybe the THAI STICK connection?

Edited by Jingthing

OK, since this is thaivisa, I will ask about visas. If you were busted in Thailand for pot possession you would have a police record. Wouldn't that be an issue for getting future extensions to stay?

If you were busted n Thailand for pot possession you wouldn't need to worry about visa extensions. The Thai government would give you a compulsory 25 year visa.

OK, since this is thaivisa, I will ask about visas. If you were busted in Thailand for pot possession you would have a police record. Wouldn't that be an issue for getting future extensions to stay?

If you were busted n Thailand for pot possession you wouldn't need to worry about visa extensions. The Thai government would give you a compulsory 25 year visa.

For reals? No wonder they couldn't sell those elite cards!

There is an alternative reason to follow the local laws that is not based on fear of the consequences of not doing so - That of following the local laws out of a respect for the place and people who are your hosts.