Pianowire Traps For Bike Riders?

Cuban

I've not seen it reported on any of the 'news' channels or websites, there is a suggestion elsewhere that the news is being kept quiet because of the adverse image it might cast for Pattaya, but if true the images of those affected that can be easily found.

I'm glad I have a car around me.

The area mentioned was "South Pattaya" - I assume it's afterdark street robbery with people on bikes going home that are targeted on quieter sois ?

I've not seen it reported on any of the 'news' channels or websites, there is a suggestion elsewhere that the news is being kept quiet because of the adverse image it might cast for Pattaya, but if true the images of those affected that can be easily found.

I'm glad I have a car around me.

The area mentioned was "South Pattaya" - I assume it's afterdark street robbery with people on bikes going home that are targeted on quieter sois ?

You can rest assured that Pattaya News is not concerned about keeping bad stories suppressed in order to save Pattaya's image. They'll report absolutely anything they can get their hands on and in the most graphic way possible.

How about you bring some evidence next time you try to blacken Pattaya's image. :o

Edited by tropo

These pics where taken from an incident a few days ago off one of the sois of Pattaya Tai.

Hope the bastards who did this are caught and get a long long stretch in the monkey house.

post-52199-1236681164_thumb.jpg

post-52199-1236681151_thumb.jpg

post-52199-1236681138_thumb.jpg

post-52199-1236681129_thumb.jpg

post-52199-1236681119_thumb.jpg

Did he ride into the wire then get up and run into it backwards as well , looks more like a half arse garrotting :o

Scum who do this...............................need severe punishment , not lip service either

:D

Your best post to date!

This type of thing could easily lead to decapitation. Very nasty. :o

Very nearly did already by the looks of it! :D

Yes scum is a good word for these people but this is not a new phenomena and certainly not only happening in Pattaya, I remember this happening in the UK and France and the US. it seems to come in phases, during the mid 70s it was all the rage, the problem is what precaution can the rider take ? the wire is so thin. :o

I'm pretty sure it isn't just piano wire and fishing line that is used.Also If it really piano wire he would have been beheaded.

In the dark you will not see even an stripped telephone cable especially not when you don't expect it.

Pattaya is getting a dangerous place at night imo if you read the news articles from the past months.

What a mess. The darkside seems to expand.

Be extra careful when riding home at night and avoid the small sois wherever possible.

There are too many nasty bastards around nowadays.

And in addition we only get 40 % of all the stories in the media.

It's a shame!

Cheers anyway

there seems to be alot of bad stuff happening around pattaya these days,,,,,,i rode around several small sois during pattaya bike week on a hired 750 ..only new.....would make me think again some what of the dangers out there...this recession will hit everyone and the criminals are no exception......i think the police are not visible enough in pattaya.youd never see two cops walking around much....i know you wouldnt want to see cops every where but if it could stop stuff like this happaning .i saw on pattaya news a few weeks ago a 74 year old woman and husband were attacked and robbed walking along jomtien.they dont care who they rob,i think they actually got someone for that............i like pattaya as much as anyone and i try to talk good about the place all the time to people but if stuff like this keeps happening people will stay away from the place in big numbers .and then who are the ones losing out only the pattaya people themselves........more law on the streets id say would be a start,im going to pattaya for 8 years and i always felt really safe there but lately there is some real horror stories going on ....crime is up alot in the last year

there seems to be alot of bad stuff happening around pattaya these days,,,,,,i rode around several small sois during pattaya bike week on a hired 750 ..only new.....would make me think again some what of the dangers out there...this recession will hit everyone and the criminals are no exception......i think the police are not visible enough in pattaya.youd never see two cops walking around much....i know you wouldnt want to see cops every where but if it could stop stuff like this happaning .i saw on pattaya news a few weeks ago a 74 year old woman and husband were attacked and robbed walking along jomtien.they dont care who they rob,i think they actually got someone for that............i like pattaya as much as anyone and i try to talk good about the place all the time to people but if stuff like this keeps happening people will stay away from the place in big numbers .and then who are the ones losing out only the pattaya people themselves........more law on the streets id say would be a start,im going to pattaya for 8 years and i always felt really safe there but lately there is some real horror stories going on ....crime is up alot in the last year

That's because the police are primarily focused on issuing tickets (or collecting money) for no-helmet offenses.

That's because the police are primarily focused on issuing tickets (or collecting money) for no-helmet offenses.

i agree with that ...................

The Ligature mark has missed one side of the neck (left) & seems to have gone to the rear of his neck on the right side , IMO this is NOT Piano or Fine wire at roughly just a medium speed he would have been decapitated.

I would suggest he was slightly looking to the left or was turning his head at impact , this has probably saved his life that the total impact pressure did not completely focus on the front of the throat.

This is totally life threatening & we will see similar to the necks of others soon from Neck Chain snatches as it is very noticeable lately that quite a few Farang Tourists seem to think a Chunky chain will not be grabbed.

Scum should be charged with attempted murder............................have to keep editing , emotive about this type of attack,sorry

:o

Edited by LtCol

They'll be using the mild steel wire that is used for tying re-bars together, it comes in rolls from every hardware shop and costs around 150 baht for a roll of about 30 meters.

What kind of person would even think about doing this to another human being?

Unfortunately as in most asian countries live is cheap and do you really think the bastrads who did this would care if they killed someone, whould they hel_l and even less so if it's farang.

Even though I like living here, if I was in the west and thinking of a holiday destination Pattaya would be getting further and further from my thoughts.

It injury looks like a rope burn from standard polypropylene clothesline-sized rope you can buy anywhere. Doesn't need to be elaborated with steel wire and piano wire; any cheap, synthetic rope will do.

The perpetrators need no rationale here. They are jobless, probably out of their heads on drugs, desperate for cash. There was another post by a chap chased by locals on 2 bikes with one of the passengers wielding a 4x2. This was only a few days after getting his gold chain snatched in daylight on Sukhumvit.

Any farang considering driving around on a bike on the dark side or any darkened soi after dark needs his head examined... while it's still attached to their body. The police here aren't going to help you much beyond directing traffic around the Sawang Boriboon Foundation people as they zip up your body bag.

There was another post by a chap chased by locals on 2 bikes with one of the passengers wielding a 4x2.

Was that on the new road by the railway track? A woman was walking home a few days ago and got robbed by a guy on a bike along there. He forced her to get on the bike, took her to a quiet spot, robbed her and thumped her.

It would be worthwhile getting a flat 2" x 1/2 inch steel bar around 20" long (ground into a v on the front) mounted vertically on the handle bars. A local engineering shop could make a strong mounting fairly cheap. It would cut through tie wire, string, light rope, copper cable, piano wire. It's a brute force approach, but it would work.