Aia Health Insurance Problem

Hi,

Well my wifes family swore by AIA, had many claims with them, paid out and paid quickly etc so I said OK and went down

and opened a policy for my Thai wife and 2 daughters, cost 82K. I got paperwork I was insured etc. and was waiting for

AIA card.

My wife was asked to go to a doctor and be checked for TB, Diabetes etc, the check came back clean and they called her

and told her to come down to recieve her AIA card. When she got there the AIA person said "Sorry we cannot insure husband"

because of some Tax reason. My wife called and told me and I said "Fine - get my money back and i will open a policy

elsewhere". AIA person said "You have to wait 1 month to get money back".

Anyone ever heard of being rejected after being insured? Will i see my money again? Sounds a little scammy to wait 1 month.

IMPORTANT QUESTION - Whats the best Healthcare Insurance for Pattaya? (I like going to a local office if possible) I need insurance

quick! I am on the soi's alot so my days are numbered 55555555

Thanks for any help

SGH

Hi,

Well my wifes family swore by AIA, had many claims with them, paid out and paid quickly etc so I said OK and went down

and opened a policy for my Thai wife and 2 daughters, cost 82K. I got paperwork I was insured etc. and was waiting for

AIA card.

My wife was asked to go to a doctor and be checked for TB, Diabetes etc, the check came back clean and they called her

and told her to come down to recieve her AIA card. When she got there the AIA person said "Sorry we cannot insure husband"

because of some Tax reason. My wife called and told me and I said "Fine - get my money back and i will open a policy

Anyone ever heard of being rejected after being insured? Will i see my money again? Sounds a little scammy to wait 1 month.

IMPORTANT QUESTION - Whats the best Healthcare Insurance for Pattaya? (I like going to a local office if possible) I need insurance

Thanks for any help

SGH

Thai Visa Insurance Broker has a local office in Pattaya, easy to find and park :o

AA INSURANCE BROKERS CO., LTD.

565/62 Moo 10 (Next to Big C, South Pattaya)

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

Phone: 038 415 795-6

Hi,

AIA card.

Thanks for any help

SGH

There are two types of insurers in Thailand, Life and General, AIA are a life insurance company and can not sell health insurance unless it is attached as an option to a life insurance policy, hence you maybe paying for something you don't really want.

Purchasing Health cover through a General insurer gets you exactly what you require and at a lower cost than a life + health package.

Purchasing through a broker will cost you no more than going directly, but you have the added assistance of having a broker find the right plan and company to match your requirements and a company that will accept any pre existing ailments you may have, they are also there to assist you in dealing with the Insurance company should any issues arise, all at no cost to you.

There are also various levels of brokers, the highest being a Company that must have 5 trained staff certified by the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) and they are reportable to the OIC if any issues arise, the OIC is a government appointed ombudsman to oversee the insurance industry in Thailand.