Has Pattaya Gone Completely On Tilt

schmokinn

just returned to uk from pattaya..spent 3 weeks there,had no intention of being there all the time but due to natural disasters and so forth ended up spending the whole time there.

1.on no less than 4 seperate occasions i was accosted and verbally threatened by 50ish english males....i know my wife is pretty and i have a fair few friends there so i generally have a good time...but why me.if i was a wimp maybe i could understand it,but i am not...37 years 6'2" 100 kilos...are they just staying there so long they start to resent anybody who is enjoying themselves???

what really amazes me is the young usually get slated and i never saw one who didnt have a smile for me...so what is it to much song saem????

or are they just trying to impress dog ugly wives they have been with for the last twenty years??

have been 10 times before to thailand and have never once had any trouble anywhere!

2.the fXXXing idiots who sell fireworks in bars to over happy drunks who let them off without a care in the world!!

ref this if i could find the <deleted> who caused my wife to receive a medium burn to her back by letting one off virtually in the bar i would have extreme trouble keeping my thai smile!!!!

second point is a bit of a rage i know as "this is thailand" but anybody else noticed the first phenomena or dothey just fancy me???

schmokinnn :o

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel ya schmokinn, Pattaya is full of old, mad Euros :o

Don't worry me and my friends are trying to bring the common age seen down. Were a group of about 25; 22-35 year old expats that work in Afghan, Uzbeck, Iraq, Kuwait, Dubai.

We will slowly grow and start to take over. heheh

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my arse.

just returned to uk from pattaya..spent 3 weeks there,had no intention of being there all the time but due to natural disasters and so forth ended up spending the whole time there.

1.on no less than 4 seperate occasions i was accosted and verbally threatened by 50ish english males....i know my wife is pretty and i have a fair few friends there so i generally have a good time...but why me.if i was a wimp maybe i could understand it,but i am not...37 years 6'2" 100 kilos...are they just staying there so long they start to resent anybody who is enjoying themselves???

what really amazes me is the young usually get slated and i never saw one who didnt have a smile for me...so what is it to much song saem????

or are they just trying to impress dog ugly wives they have been with for the last twenty years??

have been 10 times before to thailand and have never once had any trouble anywhere!

2.the fXXXing idiots who sell fireworks in bars to over happy drunks who let them off without a care in the world!!

ref this if i could find the <deleted> who caused my wife to receive a medium burn to her back by letting one off virtually in the bar i would have extreme trouble keeping my thai smile!!!!

second point is a bit of a rage i know as "this is thailand" but anybody else noticed the first phenomena or dothey just fancy me???

schmokinnn :D

Its not just you pal, the same happened to me while I was there last year, some euro tosser trying to look hard in front of my g/f, sad old man that he was he backed off.

As for the fireworks well I dont know, fackin' idiots :o. I was planning a trip to Pattaya this week but maybe I will give it a miss.

Edited by Pablo H

Its not just you pal, the same happened to me while I was there last year, some euro tosser trying to look hard in front of my g/f, sad old man that he was he backed off.

As for the fireworks well I dont know, fackin' idiots  :o. I was planning a trip to Pattaya this week but maybe I will give it a miss.

Awe, Cmon' it can't be all that bad. Go down in a couple weeks and I'll buy you a few brews at Dave's Place

As for the fireworks well I dont know, fackin' idiots  :o. I was planning a trip to Pattaya this week but maybe I will give it a miss.

Awe, Cmon' it can't be all that bad. Go down in a couple weeks and I'll buy you a few brews at Dave's Place

Only if you let me buy you a few back. :D

A sad fact , but most of these pr1cks are wannabee hardmen due to the Footie violence they think is so cool. They couldn't give 2 fukcs about the football.

I'm a fairly muscualr , albeit short ( 5ft 8 ) brit in his late 30's with a shaved head , for my sins.

I'm one of the nicest guys you could meet for a beer ( honestly :D ) .

But I occasioanlly get mistaken for one of these tossers , due to my looks.

On these occasions wish I looked like a City Gent , but then again.... :o

A sad fact , but most of these pr1cks are wannabee hardmen due to the Footie violence they think is so cool. They couldn't give 2 fukcs about the football.

I'm a fairly muscualr , albeit short ( 5ft 8 ) brit in his late 30's with a shaved head , for my sins.

I'm one of the nicest guys you could meet for a beer ( honestly  :D ) .

On these occasions  wish I looked like a City Gent , but then again.... :D

As Dave would say another short arse! :D:o

Cheers Rav , I'll buy you a half and a few shorts if we ever meet!

:o

To the OP , I think Pattaya has a few too many of these asswipes , especially around the Soi Lucky Star area and Soi 6.

I usually drink in Naklua when in Patts. Too many Germans , but they're ok in comparison.

Edited by chonabot

Uh fill in the blanks...seem to be missing the WHY you were accosted and in what way?

the blanks..why was i accosted?? well if i knew that i probably wouldnt of posted in the first place??

and the definition:- somebody coming up to me telling me i think i am hard when i havent even noticed their measly existence and trying to pick a fight...or telling me how hard their mate is(who usually doesn't want to know anyway)!

p.s.i have hardly any hair due to most of it falling out...or being worn off against the headboard....does that make me an unsavoury character?? :o

schmokinnn :D

As for the fireworks well I dont know, fackin' idiots :D. I was planning a trip to Pattaya this week but maybe I will give it a miss.

well the fireworks have gone...but i would lay odds the tossers are still there!! :o

Uh fill in the blanks...seem to be missing the WHY you were accosted and in what way?

the blanks..why was i accosted?? well if i knew that i probably wouldnt of posted in the first place??

and the definition:- somebody coming up to me telling me i think i am hard when i havent even noticed their measly existence and trying to pick a fight...or telling me how hard their mate is(who usually doesn't want to know anyway)!

p.s.i have hardly any hair due to most of it falling out...or being worn off against the headboard....does that make me an unsavoury character?? :o

Ok faire enuf, but tossers like that everywhere - best to ignore their <deleted>.

Don't worry chonabot, I'm 5'8" also... another short arse! :D

I'm 5'8 and a half...you midgets ! :D

Don't worry chonabot, I'm 5'8" also... another short arse! :D

I'm 5'8 and a half...you midgets ! :D

Are you Dutch ?

:D

p.s.i have hardly any hair due to most of it falling out...or being worn off against the headboard....does that make me an unsavoury character?? :D

Ok faire enuf, but tossers like that everywhere - best to ignore their <deleted>.

i agree but we all have limits when they are pissed and aggressive i tend to consider my options if i think i or especially my wife may get physically assaulted :o

At the end of the day what the he11 did you expect? Pattaya isn't Frinton. If you wanted to stroll down the Promenade with your misus then why go to Pattaya?

I have no sympathy for you whatsoever and get a little p1ssed off with people who whine about Pattaya being brash. Its a bit like moaning that Blackpool or Las Vegas is too gawdy when its that very gawdyness which makes them what they are.

Get over it and do some research before you go next time.

Edited by ProfessorFart

At the end of the day what the he11 did you expect? Pattaya isn't Frinton. If you wanted to stroll down the Promenade with your misus then why go to Pattaya?

I have no sympathy for you whatsoever and get a little p1ssed off with people who whine about Pattaya being brash. Its a bit like moaning that Blackpool or Las Vegas is too gawdy when its that very gawdyness which makes them what they are.

Get over it and do some research before you go next time.

I disagree.Blackpool and Frinton have a good old fashioned seaside vulgarity that is harmless fun.Pattaya has much more unpleasant and ugly undercurrents.There's no harm in being brash but this is not the problem in Pattaya.

I spent a few days there after Christmas and I couldn't believe the amount of Russians there. I thought the motocy had taken a wrong turn and we'd ended up on the Black Sea!

What's all that about then?

Where would you rather be this time of year (or any time of year for that matter),

Russia or Pattaya?

I have only been to Pattaya once and did not think much of it really. My observations were there were many nationalities pissed and horrible. I realise there are some good guys living there and many guys on this forum attest to that, but I could never live there, It felt a little like a huge council estate.

Unfortunatley bullies are everywhere and usually hang in packs, get one on their own and theyd squeal like a girl.

I've had a few family holidays in Pattaya - there's some very nice hotels with a good beach. It's convenient for me as it's within a days' drive of our village. I am thinking about buying a condo there.

Fortunately it is possible to avoid the dead heads - they normally go to different places than me and the family, although I do see them hanging around the supermarkets in the morning, especially the Big C near Hardrock.

I think the place has great potential as a resort for families - I certainly don't go there for its' seedy image.

[to pnustedt : you ever tried the water on any beach in Pattaya? it's not much worse than any two days blocked toilet!

Yes, certainly have, together with very young children. No problem for cooling off. However, if we're swimming will normally use the hotel pool. The Hard Rock has a particularly nice pool with artificial "beach". We also often go out to one of the islands and have a barbecue where the water is sweeter! :o