Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Bigsy really pleased for you :)

Hopefully good news for my son Jamie and Andyjoy tomorrow :D:D

Errm excuse me but there is a que would you mind stepping back 1 or 2 places :D:D

Kate46 you don't work for the embassy do you, bcos they seem to have forgot me too, nothing again today :D

Congratulations Bigsy really pleased for you :)

Hopefully good news for my son Jamie and Andyjoy tomorrow :D:D

Errm excuse me but there is a que would you mind stepping back 1 or 2 places :D:D

Kate46 you don't work for the embassy do you, bcos they seem to have forgot me too, nothing again today :D

Really sorry, am getting to the age where memory loss is starting to kick in...hope you hear something very soon

Nothing from us today :D

dam_n me i can't believe the length of time some of these applications are taking. Nor some of the results.

I can only say i feel for the lot of you.

It is a disgrace and if i had waited this long i would be going mental. In fact i was going mental on 10 weeks for that matter.

Good luck to all those still waiting and everyone who has to get a decision overturned.

Just an update....

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day )

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks)

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days)

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks)

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks)

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks)

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks)

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinschris 19/6

My wife tells me its monk day Monday Tuesday and Wednesday next week 6th 7th and 8th July. Is the embassy closed next week? As that will slow things down a bit.

No update from me today now into week 16.

Holiday List for the British Embassy and the UK Visa Application Centre, Bangkok Thailand: 2009

S. NO.DAY DATE HOLIDAYS 1Thursday

1 JanuaryNew Year's Day2Friday2 January * Privilege Day3Monday9 February Makha Bucha Day4Friday

10 April Good Friday5Monday13 April Easter Monday & Songkran Festival6Tuesday

14 April Songkran Festival7Wednesday15 April Songkran Festival8Friday8 May Wisakha Bucha Day9Tuesday7 July Asarnha Bucha Day10Wednesday12 AugustHM Queen's Birthday11Friday

23 OctoberChulalongkorn Day12Monday7 DecemberSubstitution Day of HM King's Birthday13Friday25 DecemberChristmas Day14Monday28 DecemberBoxing Day15

Thursday31 DecemberNew Year's Eve

After many tries 5 am this morning I got to talk to someone at the visa section at the embassy. Somewhat surprised at been talked to buy a Thai with poor English, but better than nothing. She told me our application was started on Monday the 29th so that fits with the last call I made. I was told that they are awaiting some information not from me, or my wife? I presume it is some kind of background check maybe my tax office or police records etc.

She also told me that this time last year they were dealing with 100 applications a day and now it is up to 300 and that is the reason for such delays. I did point out mine is into week 16 and many other who made applications weeks after me now have them. She did apologise.

So still waiting and still don’t know how long. As I type this post my wife is sat in the VFS office in hope.

Also as posted above the office will be closed on Tuesday 7th and open as normal the other days.

Edit wife just phone and they told her the embassy are awaiting my background checks but its earl and UK not start work yet

Hang in there chewy, at least you no there are dealing with it. good luck chewy hope you have good news soon

I echo borodave. This feels like light at the end of tunnel Chew......granted, a long tunnel. Let's hope Interpol get a move on. I'd love to know what happened to your Application though. All the more reason for having a better online tracking system I reckon.

The online tracking could have had a little bit more thinking, could have showed what date applications their are working on to give everyone a better picture as in we are now working on 1st April applications for tourist and settlement 26th march. Or we are now dealing with applications APET/210309/ please allow 2 weeks from date before calling as some applications do take longer than others

Now that online applications is in operation, it would be easy to do.

That would stop all the phone calls, faxes and emails that their must be receiving (and can you imagine cost of fax rolls) and bogging the system down to leave the lines open for the likes of chewys case where i do believe it was misplaced for some reason we will never Know.

Edited by borodave

Well, got a sort of reply back from my email today:

We acknowledged of receipt the below e-mail and passed on to the relevant officer whom will reply in 20 working days.

Great!

Did the reply come from the visa section at the Embassy or from the VFS center fluidfusion?

The Embassy!

I've just been on the blower to VFS but they couldn't help much other than to say that a fax would get a quicker reaction.

Anyone know the fax number???

Fluid, I know you have been supplying them with additional information (informerly) to see of they will review the decision. Have you also put in your formal appeal document with additional supporting documents at the Embassy in BKK? I seem to rememeber you have 28 days from the date on the Rejection letter. By the time the Embassy 'might' get back to you in 20 days, if the answer is not +ve, then you may have missed the right of appeal date.

After many tries 5 am this morning I got to talk to someone at the visa section at the embassy. Somewhat surprised at been talked to buy a Thai with poor English, but better than nothing. She told me our application was started on Monday the 29th so that fits with the last call I made. I was told that they are awaiting some information not from me, or my wife? I presume it is some kind of background check maybe my tax office or police records etc.

She also told me that this time last year they were dealing with 100 applications a day and now it is up to 300 and that is the reason for such delays. I did point out mine is into week 16 and many other who made applications weeks after me now have them. She did apologise.

So still waiting and still don’t know how long. As I type this post my wife is sat in the VFS office in hope.

Also as posted above the office will be closed on Tuesday 7th and open as normal the other days.

Edit wife just phone and they told her the embassy are awaiting my background checks but its earl and UK not start work yet

Keep going and best of luck Chewy, like EVERYBODY on here I hope you hear quickly. At least they're talking to you when you phone. I think it was on this thread where somebody yesterday said they'd been put through to a prerecorded message when they asked to speak to the visa section.

I think when they said 'they started your application on Monday' they meant they'd started LOOKING FOR IT :):D , and 'they're waiting for some information' is embassy speak for ' we're waiting for somebody to tell us they've found your file' :D :D Lets hope the next time they speak to you it'a simple 'YES'

Well, got a sort of reply back from my email today:

We acknowledged of receipt the below e-mail and passed on to the relevant officer whom will reply in 20 working days.

Great!

Did the reply come from the visa section at the Embassy or from the VFS center fluidfusion?

The Embassy!

I've just been on the blower to VFS but they couldn't help much other than to say that a fax would get a quicker reaction.

Anyone know the fax number???

Fluid, I know you have been supplying them with additional information (informerly) to see of they will review the decision. Have you also put in your formal appeal document with additional supporting documents at the Embassy in BKK? I seem to rememeber you have 28 days from the date on the Rejection letter. By the time the Embassy 'might' get back to you in 20 days, if the answer is not +ve, then you may have missed the right of appeal date.

Am off to the Embassy today!

Not quite sure what I'm going to do when I get there, will play it by ear I think.

The Appeal forms are well complicated so I am seriously considering getting a company to do it for me. I know it's deemed as being a waste of money as most people can do it them selves but at this stage, I don't want any mistakes!! I am savy enough to check whatever is done by a paid company so am not too worried about mistakes slipping through.

Does anyone have a company they have used and can recommend?

We're in Bangkok so someone local would be good.

Am off to the Embassy today!

Not quite sure what I'm going to do when I get there, will play it by ear I think.

The Appeal forms are well complicated so I am seriously considering getting a company to do it for me. I know it's deemed as being a waste of money as most people can do it them selves but at this stage, I don't want any mistakes!! I am savy enough to check whatever is done by a paid company so am not too worried about mistakes slipping through.

Does anyone have a company they have used and can recommend?

We're in Bangkok so someone local would be good.

When my wife was turned down on the first application in 2006, I thought about appealing, but the time it takes was out of the question, 6 or more months, so we waited a month or so, corrected/addressed all the problems raised by the ECO, and then re-applied which was successful, I think that by doing that we saved many months of waiting. just my thoughts on the matter.

Feasantplukka....?

What happened to you?

Spot I,m still here waiting, 13wks today & not a frggin peep, I am in a terrible mood frustrated aint the word if you see a misrable git walking round pattaya thats me, started rowing with the missus bcos of the mood I am in, this aint good, tickets booked for flights for 16th July dont no now if we will make it, September is the next time I will be able to come back to bring the wife and baby to the UK, due to contracted work commitments. :)

When my wife was turned down on the first application in 2006, I thought about appealing, but the time it takes was out of the question, 6 or more months, so we waited a month or so, corrected/addressed all the problems raised by the ECO, and then re-applied which was successful, I think that by doing that we saved many months of waiting. just my thoughts on the matter.

After my experiences today I think I have to agree with you.

We have spoken to a few people and have been given a few options, the most appealing of which seems to be to reapply for the Visa after we get married.

We would have got married in March but we had been told that it is illegal to remarry in Thailand until after 350 days past the dissolution of a previous marriage. My Divorce came through in March so we planned to marry in the UK.

It turns out that this info was incorrect! Dope!!! Unless anyone knows otherwise???

We would have got married in March but we had been told that it is illegal to remarry in Thailand until after 350 days past the dissolution of a previous marriage. My Divorce came through in March so we planned to marry in the UK.

It turns out that this info was incorrect! Dope!!! Unless anyone knows otherwise???

It's only correct for woman, something to do with the fact they could be pregnant.

We have spoken to a few people and have been given a few options, the most appealing of which seems to be to reapply for the Visa after we get married.

Hey fluidfusion,

just to aggree with you and others that I would re-apply for a new visa rather than appeal, because of the time it takes to do an appeal. Im doing just the same as you at the moment with giving new evidence to address the points by the ECO informally and hoping they overturn the decision. Did you apply as un-married partner? We have applied as un-married partner and showed them that we have been together for over 5 years, ( in the UK & in Thailand ). He seemed to be satisfied with this as it wasn't mentioned in his refusal letter.

Good luck at the Embassy today !

If you do go through an appeal, you get a 'second bite of the cherry' if it is made at the Embassy in Bangkok. They can look at the Appeal and the additional information and if satisfied grant a Visa without going through a lengthy (6 months +) hearing procedure.

put that damned APET number in that many times I actually know it now.

I figure if they made it much more difficult to apply they may as well just fail everyone,or am I just starting to be too defeatist?!

Reckon in future there'll be more health checks and stuff like wife must have a degree (same Canada)