Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, VFS messaged us this afternoon and said that the application has been processed and in a 2nd message that it has been returned to the courier.

Were gonna go try pick it up tomorrow,were in chiang mai btw..do you think ill have to wait until monday before i can collect it?

Either way, atleast the waitings over,lets hope we get some good news!

Excellent news Jonson83. I have my fingers crossed for you. Well, for everyone on here to be honest.

Guys, VFS messaged us this afternoon and said that the application has been processed and in a 2nd message that it has been returned to the courier.

Were gonna go try pick it up tomorrow,were in chiang mai btw..do you think ill have to wait until monday before i can collect it?

Either way, atleast the waitings over,lets hope we get some good news!

Good luck to you Jonson83. like everybody I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) .

Good luck from me Johnson83 :)

Nice 1 Johnson83. Hope all OK.

I spoke to the wife today (Friday) and a friend of hers had put in an Spouse Visa application a couple of days after ours (30/03) so early April. She has received her visa today and flies to the UK on Tuesday.

So, in the current climate, why the speedy Visa reply? The husband faxed/phoned the Embassy in BKK to accelerate the application as his mother had died and the funeral is next Friday. Note, a Dr's certificate was faxed for authenticity etc.

Obviously fair enough as far as I'm concerned. It shows that the Embassy staff have a degree of discretion.

I spoke to the wife today (Friday) and a friend of hers had put in an Spouse Visa application a couple of days after ours (30/03) so early April. She has received her visa today and flies to the UK on Tuesday.

So, in the current climate, why the speedy Visa reply? The husband faxed/phoned the Embassy in BKK to accelerate the application as his mother had died and the funeral is next Friday. Note, a Dr's certificate was faxed for authenticity etc.

Obviously fair enough as far as I'm concerned. It shows that the Embassy staff have a degree of discretion.

Cases like this are the ones that come up on the performance report as coming through within 5 to 10 days.....

I don't mind waiting a few extra days if there are more urgent applications.

Question - I put down the wife's date of travel to the UK as 23rd May. In hindsight this was optimistic to say the least. When our friends in the Embassy get round to hopefully stamping the visa what date will they put the visa valid from? I'm assuming they will contact the Mrs first to ask what the 'new' intended date of travel to the UK is??

The Embassy will always give priority to somebody in this situation. My mother died a year ago and, although it was only a tourist visa we were applying for then, they issued the visa to my wife in less than 24 hours. I was really grateful to them then for their speed and efficiency, as I'm sure your wifes friend and her husband are now.

We spend a lot of time complaining about the British Embassy over the current delays (none more so than me) so we should also praise them over their help in this sort of situation.

Question - I put down the wife's date of travel to the UK as 23rd May. In hindsight this was optimistic to say the least. When our friends in the Embassy get round to hopefully stamping the visa what date will they put the visa valid from? I'm assuming they will contact the Mrs first to ask what the 'new' intended date of travel to the UK is??

Tick Tock

Regarding your wife's Entry Date I think she will get it valid from the date of issue

That is what happend when my wife got her visa to come to the UK to get married.Valid for 6 months

from date of issue

She was Stamped In to the Uk and the 6 months Stay Started the day she got to the Uk.

I think the same will apply with your wife's Settlement Visa. People who have got theirs will Know for sure.

I think they want to know so they can put it on hold if you are not planning to go ASAP

Glad to see Johnson83 has recived news Good Luck

170 decisions made in March and only 110 in April and most of them are older ones.

If you compare Feb, March and Aprils figures then the 'newer and quicker' ones that were completed within 30 working days during February and March appear not to have been looked at during April (although we did lose a complete working week for songran etc) so I think all of us that have already been waiting for more than 30 working days can probably assume that they are just starting to look at our applications and we might hear something over the next five or six weeks or so, if we're lucky :)

Looking at the April figures it does look like there has been a big drop in performance, but you have take into account Easter and Songkran where they lost 4 working days due to holidays.

February had 19 working days - 162/19 = 8.5 per day

March had 22 working days - 170/22 = 7.7 per day

April had 18 working days - 110/18 = 6.1 per day

There is a downward trend, but they have changed the reporting from number of applications to the number of decisions made.

Hopefully a few of us will find out the results in the next couple of weeks.

Still havent heard a sausage, sent a fax to remind the embassy that my wife is 6 months pregnant and time is running out for her to fly and still got no responce. :):D:D

When did your wife apply?

Still havent heard a sausage, sent a fax to remind the embassy that my wife is 6 months pregnant and time is running out for her to fly and still got no responce. :D:D:D

hi everbody

myselflf and wife have not heard anything as of yet,but mabe we may well hear something next week

fingers crossed xxxxxx :)

rolypie ,simlar position to yourself. mrs 22 week preagnant sent fax to embasy politely remineding them of the situation ,heard nothing back. :D

Still havent heard a sausage, sent a fax to remind the embassy that my wife is 6 months pregnant and time is running out for her to fly and still got no responce. :):D:D

Checking through Rolypies recent posts they applied on 29/04/09.

Starting to except the fact that the baby will be born here, god only knows what i will have to do to get a visa for the child :)

The child will be entitled to Uk passport. No visa worrys

Just a bit more work and more time. Getting Birth Cert Ect

Fingers crossed your wife gets back to the UK before that event

hi please add me to your list and i will keep everyone posted , fiancée applied may 7th

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 ????? 22/5 10 weeks 2days

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 7/5

Done :)

Edited by sumrit

hi please add me to your list and i will keep everyone posted , fiancée applied may 7th

Johnson83 11/3 ????? 22/5 10 weeks 2days

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 7/5

Done :)

Edited by borodave

Guys we got it! We had to wait until this morning to go and get it from the courier. Really nerve racking, but we got it!

I really hope things start speeding up,because 10 weeks is a joke if you ask me.Ohwell, good luck to all of you.If anyone has any questions, go for it.

cheers, Jon + Aom

Happy for you Jon. good luck to you and your wife

Question We are having ours sent back to Chang Mai. So we will have to go and collect same as you

We have the Tel No on the slip but my wife don't Know were the Office is so if you could PM or post location

that would be great Thanks.

We are in lamphun so will be taking the Bus Via Hang Dong past Airport

Hi, Please add me to the list, submitted 29/4, hoping for some good news each day.

No problem........ and welcome to the queue....

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2days

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3