Uk Settlement

Hi there,

i'm waiting for my settlement visa also (fiancee). I just want to let you know that at least 2 ppl submitted their applications on 24 Feb haven't gotten their result yet!!! so the embassy hasn't cleared all applications they received in Feb. :D

i sent an email to the embassy early of May. they called back to tell me they received my email DOH! i thought they call to do phone interview. anyway, i asked them when i would know the result, they said in 3mths but by the end of this month if i don't hear anything i should contact them.

I hope everyone including me get visa soonest. fingers & toes cross :)

Edited by whereismyvisa

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it will take 48 hours from hearing the Application is ready till we actually know if it is approved or not. After that i am planning on getting her here on the first Friday night/Saturday morning. Take a week off work to help her settle in. That will give us 9 days for buying warm clothing, stocking up on rice and generally emptying my bank account on various bits and pieces. :)

24 hours for us...... and that might be the longest 24 hours for me.....

I'm also planning on taking at least a week off work to help get settled in and organised....

Warm clothing........... yep, she'll definitely need.....

As for me bank account...... well, she's already emptied it - so she must really love me if she married me!!! :D

How is the Wife finding the balmy english May weather? :) We had hailstones on Saturday.

Luckily 'darn south' it was not to bad this weekend, but there was some rain. She was impressed about it staying light until 9.30 at night though!

Well she was shattered Saturday night, but yes we made use of the weekend :)

What... ? a quiet early stroll ?? Invited friends around ??

Cucumber sandwiches followed by a spot of embroidery. We then played charades into the evening topped off with a game of scrabble, then ovaltine and said our prayers.

Edited by tlusername

Cucumber sandwiches followed by a spot of embroidery. We then played charades into the evening topped off with a game of scrabble, then ovaltine and said our prayers.

Jolly good show 'ol boy...that's the spirit !

I am impressed, her English must be excellent :D

She was impressed about it staying light until 9.30 at night though!

After 5 years in UK this is still one of the things my husband enjoys most about living here. :)

looked at the stats but they don't specifically refer to Fiance visas - they just have visitor and settlement categories. Does anyone know which category the 6 month fiance visa is in ??

(there are significant differences in lead times).

looked at the stats but they don't specifically refer to Fiance visas - they just have visitor and settlement categories. Does anyone know which category the 6 month fiance visa is in ??

No Idea. But do not think of pushing in here :) Lots of folk on here are straining on the lead

it's looking like it could be 2 months and a bit

Best of Luck

She was impressed about it staying light until 9.30 at night though!

After 5 years in UK this is still one of the things my husband enjoys most about living here. :)

.....and one of the things I'm really looking forward to watching my wife enjoy!

(I have a list, and I don't know everything on it yet.)

I should think it comes under settlement visas because once you're married she will get FLR in the UK the same as somebody applying for a settlement visa in Thailand.

Which application form did you use? If it was a VAF4A thats for settlement visas.

Edited by sumrit

I think we are all having an uneventfull week so far :D last week we were given a boost with the news of a couple of posters getting their visa's, but so far this week we have no mention of any granted visa's, has anyone got any good news to share :D:D:)

Thought I join in.

Settlement Visa for wife applied for on 30th March. Heard zip as per some of your posts. Wife now 19 weeks pregnant, knew when I submitted the application and included this fact into my sponsor letter.

Sent email last week to the Embassy ( not VFS) last week, no reply. Sent a follow up yesterday. Not confident that I'll get a reply.

Online tracking - what a waste of time. Agree with previous posts i.e. my expectation was that it would give me some kind of progress.

Fiance visa is a settlement visa.

Looks like the following are still outstanding from March after a quick glance through this thread

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

Any of the above got there visa's yet? :):D

Looks like the following are still outstanding from March after a quick glance through this thread

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

Any of the above got there visa's yet? :):D

:D

No news yet but judging by the date username submitted the application I'm hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. I hope so because we can't just jump on a plane in the next day or two like some have, we're living here at the moment so once we hear we've got to take some of our things (computers, LCD tv's, some furniture, etc) to store at my inlaws first and then arrange for our house to be rented out, before we go if possible, so I expect it to take another two to three weeks before we can leave.

Just to complicate things more my current entry stamp is valid until the 7th July but my non O visa runs out at the beginning of June so if I don't hear anything by the end of next week I'll have to do a border run just to make sure I can stay here after 7th July, if necessary.

I've noticed a couple of new posters have put the dates they applied so I've added them to the list below. Maybe as new people post in this thread they could add their names to the list and as people hear about their visas they could add the date they heard. It would give people an idea of how long they'd have to wait.

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock - 30/3

No news yet but judging by the date username submitted the application I'm hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks. I hope so because we can't just jump on a plane in the next day or two like some have, we're living here at the moment so once we hear we've got to take some of our things (computers, LCD tv's, some furniture, etc) to store at my inlaws first and then arrange for our house to be rented out, before we go if possible, so I expect it to take another two to three weeks before we can leave.

Just to complicate things more my current entry stamp is valid until the 7th July but my non O visa runs out at the beginning of June so if I don't hear anything by the end of next week I'll have to do a border run just to make sure I can stay here after 7th July, if necessary.

I've noticed a couple of new posters have put the dates they applied so I've added them to the list below. Maybe as new people post in this thread they could add their names to the list and as people hear about their visas they could add the date they heard. It would give people an idea of how long they'd have to wait.

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock - 30/3

.......another border run? What a pain. I bet when you submitted you thought you were well inside the fence.

I've resigned myself to not hearing 'til June, that way anything earlier is a bonus. I haven't seen my Mrs for almost a year now so a little more wait won't hurt too much. :)

Added myself

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock - 30/3

Mrburb - 03/4

I have flights booked on July 2nd - nice and cheap with Airasia :)

(but not so cheap if we can't get the visa in time)

I should mention that on Thai forums there are a few people who haven't recieved their visa dating back to February.

Hooo hum

Edited by mrburb

Added myself

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock - 30/3

Mrburb - 03/4

Feasantplukka 3/4

Also like to just say I contacted the Agent I used to process the application she has a client who got there's back already application submitted 15/3

Anybody heard anything today? If not it is looking grim once again.

I wonder if the Online Visa application computer system being down since the 18th could have had a knock on effect with the older paper applications.

Anybody heard anything today? If not it is looking grim once again.

I wonder if the Online Visa application computer system being down since the 18th could have had a knock on effect with the older paper applications.

I kope you are refering to the online info ??

It says the computers will be offline for 48 hrs stating on the 26th at 08.00

However it does look Grim No news from the folk on here since Fri.

I Was looking forward to the light nights. Last time my wife was in the Uk it was winter. She was quite shocked when it got Dark at 4pm.The way it's going it will be winter again.

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock - 30/3

Mrburb - 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Time just sanding still, I wish someone would cross their name off the list, carn't believe no visa's been granted this week, waitng 7week tommorrow depressed :)

Dear All,

Just want to pass on some news !

My children settlement visa has granted already since 19/05/09 (visa settlement to join parent(s)), anyway I got SMS from the VFS to collected their passport this morning only. No interview required.

I don't know how many visa catergories has granted in a day, but from what I have seen whithin 1 hr when I was there, they are only about 40 people in the queue at collected point. I have no idea how many of them are settlement visa.

I have seen so many Thai women were there to collected their passport. Hope some of them are your Mrs. :)

I wish you guys all the best.

Cheers,

AnyaDharu

Submitted 09/03/2009

Collected 21/05/2009

Edited by AnyaDharu

Not to be the bringer of bad news but I think it is worth letting you all know, here is from another thread I just posted a question on & straight from my friends own mouth last night;

Spoke to my mate last night & it has been 2 1/2 months since her husband applied for ILE in BKK, they requested more information to do with her property ownership in UK 2 weeks ago which they submitted straight away & then she emailled them last week as they had no confirmation that they had received the faxed documents.

She got a reply that said docs received & waiting times were now anywhere between 3-5 months!!!

So it took them 2 months to ask for more documentation & they advised it could be another 3 months on top of that :)

On a side note, she also told me her husband had had a call asking for more proof of their relationship but when he asked why, as his prior passport plus the covering letter shows he has had 8 years worth of tourist visas & that his gf (now wife) was the sole sponser in all of those visits, they apologied & admitted they hadn't looked at his old passport but that they wouldn't need to produce more proof of their (10) year relationship after all.!!!

The person he spoke to was Thai from the VFS so it would seem that after 2 months his application still hadn't moved to an ECO yet.

Make of it what you will but it is possible they are taking longer as he is applying directly for ILE instead of an SV.?

Just been looking through this thread again and updated the list with those that have been granted

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - 8weeks

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - 5weeks

kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - 12weeks

pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - 11weeks

jamesbones 12/2 no update -

johndoarung 12/2 no update

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - 5 weeks

LINDTY 18/2 granted 24/4 - 9weeks

tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - 12weeks

eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - 6weeks

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Looks like the current waiting time is between 9 and 10 weeks.... I did notice that the 2 with no updates have not been online since start of May..... A sign that their visas have been granted perhaps....