Uk Settlement

Congratulations Tango7. Thanks for the info.

I am 14 days behind you on the submission so hopefully i might hear something in a couple of weeks or so.

No Babies on the way however.

Ss for the waiting 3 hours. My Wife is staying back on the farm during this period of slow torture, so even when we get the go ahead to collect the application, i will be on tenterhooks for a couple of days until she can get back to Bangkok. That will be a VERY long wait i suspect.

Hope all goes well for you from now on.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would give up trying to predict anything here.

It seems they just pick them up in any old random order. Some people get them in two weeks, some wait three months...it does not depend on when you submitted...I think its more based on cherry picking..i.e. "that one looks easy to process, think I will work on that today."

I would give up trying to predict anything here.

It seems they just pick them up in any old random order. Some people get them in two weeks, some wait three months...it does not depend on when you submitted...I think its more based on cherry picking..i.e. "that one looks easy to process, think I will work on that today."

Could be right, but I submitted documentation that would put Mein Kampf to shame. I submitted everything but the kitchen sink so it certainly wasn't an easy one. However, I did label each section very clearly, numbered each item and put a cover letter at the beginning peppered with (see item number 3) (see item number 20) etc.

I just hope you all get good news soon so that all of this seems like a distant nightmare.

Anyone heard from the poster whose wife had to go back to Laos while he stayed in Thailand ?

Could be right, but I submitted documentation that would put Mein Kampf to shame. I submitted everything but the kitchen sink so it certainly wasn't an easy one. However, I did label each section very clearly, numbered each item and put a cover letter at the beginning peppered with (see item number 3) (see item number 20) etc

Did you send anything to them to say the wife is pregnant so its an urgent case? I think that is more likely to get you through quicker.

Anyway I feel it wrong to sulk at your good news..I don't want to come accross like that...I should at least take this as a show that they are now working on March's applications, but after waiting all this time it feels like a real let down and I can't help but think <deleted> is going on!

Could be right, but I submitted documentation that would put Mein Kampf to shame. I submitted everything but the kitchen sink so it certainly wasn't an easy one. However, I did label each section very clearly, numbered each item and put a cover letter at the beginning peppered with (see item number 3) (see item number 20) etc

Did you send anything to them to say the wife is pregnant so its an urgent case? I think that is more likely to get you through quicker.

Anyway I feel it wrong to sulk at your good news..I don't want to come accross like that...I should at least take this as a show that they are now working on March's applications, but after waiting all this time it feels like a real let down and I can't help but think <deleted> is going on!

Yes I did. I sent one fax after I found out she was pregnant and I sent another about a week ago politely reminding them that time was getting on and she needed to settle down to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

I'm sure it added a lot of clout as they phoned after each fax. We answered the first call which was an enquiry about the pregnancy and how long she'd been pregnant and the second time we missed the call, but it came the day after I sent the second fax.

The second call was Thursday last week. They didn't try to call again.

My wife was pregnant last December but miscarried over Xmas whilst were were in UK. This being her second pregnancy, I reminded them that we really wanted to avoid all possibilities of it happening again and that delaying the visa, if successful, meant flying could become an issue.

Fair Dues Tango7 - in light of you situation its only right they got it sorted out asap.

Hey wish you all the best mate and congrats on visa and hope the wifes pregenency is hassle free and you have a healthy bouncing baby boy /girl.

Fair Dues Tango7 - in light of you situation its only right they got it sorted out asap.

Hey wish you all the best mate and congrats on visa and hope the wifes pregenency is hassle free and you have a healthy bouncing baby boy /girl.

Many thanks...

This is one section of ThaiVisa forum where people are actually nice to eachother !!

We got a call from the embassy yesterday asking when we intended to travel and got confirmation from vfs today that passport is ready for collection. It took them 50 plus working days to process our app which was submitted on 18 Feb.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

We got a call from the embassy yesterday asking when we intended to travel and got confirmation from vfs today that passport is ready for collection. It took them 50 plus working days to process our app which was submitted on 18 Feb.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Fingers crossed, but it sounds like it'll be OK... Good luck

Thanks. I'm not worried. It'd take a very special organisation to enquire when you want to go to the UK and then issue a refusal :)

Thanks. I'm not worried. It'd take a very special organisation to enquire when you want to go to the UK and then issue a refusal :)

exactly....

exactly....

Just sent an E mail to see what is going on but wont hold my breath for a reply. Tango7 you seem to get a result when you fax what fax number did you use?

exactly....

Just sent an E mail to see what is going on but wont hold my breath for a reply. Tango7 you seem to get a result when you fax what fax number did you use?

Try: +66 2 254 9579 (outside Thailand ) 02 254 9579 ( in Thailand )

I suggest you use this if you have a reason to ask them to consider your application due to certain circumstances rather than just asking them why it's taking so long.

I sent a fax only because my wife was found to be pregnant after we submitted the application and I wanted them to be aware of this issue. I didn't fax them asking them why it was taking so long, so be careful not to get them annoyed. It could work against you ??

Submitted my wifes settlement visa 29/04/09 With a cover note explaining my wife was 22 weeks pregnant and the window for the flight was reasonably tight. The attendant did not have any clue that special requests can be made (altho not granted) and told my wife 60 to 90 days , she did not even know the minimum age (21) of an application. Why are we paying 40k baht for totaly inept procedures and incompitant employies!!!!?? :D:)

Thank you Tango.

I did get a reply from my e-mail today see below. Will hold off for a while on the fax.

Dear Mr. **********,

[/size]

Thank you for your email of 14 May 2009.

We were confirmed that the application is still on normally process with the British Embassy.

Regarding to your concerns, we have also forwarded a copy of your email to the British Embassy, visa section who will advise accordingly.

For information on how to submit an application including the documents required and visa fees or for tracking your application or any visa related enquiries please visits our website, www.vfs-uk-th.com

You can also find further information regarding information for sponsors and visit entry requirements on the website www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Status tracking through SMS for 15 Baht

Please log on to http://vfs-uk-th.com/ for further details

Effective 08 May 2009, the visa fees has been changed

Best Regards,

Helpdesk – UK Visa Application Centre

2nd Floor, Regent House

183 Rajdamri Road

Lumpini

Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Telephone: +662 800 8050

E-mail: [email protected]

Just got a call from my wife stating that she has been told her visa is ready for collection. Can't do this until 3pm today ( now 10 am ).

I will report back when I know.

I placed my application on the 10th March, application sent to embassy on the 11th March.

Next 5 hours will be hel_l...

Good news Tango I am happy for you - but I must say I am f**king livid now. Our application was forwarded to the embassy on the 4th March so it just goes to show that they are not processing in any order...unless they are about to spring an interview on us after waiting for over two months.

Dear All

My wife received her spouse settlement visa today.

It must have been the most stressful few hours of both our lives and took us back to waiting for our Uni. entrance results and then our finals.

There were a number of people there and so there was a 30 minute wait once in the office even though we headed the queue. The person who gave my wife back her documents said "congratulations" before she even opened it.

I believe that the visa might have been processed a little earlier due to my wife's pregnancy.

To all who have shared their concerns, advice and stories: A very big thank you as it helped us both through a stressful time.

Mrs. Tango7 and I wish everyone waiting the best of luck and perhaps we'll bump into you in an asian deli squabbling over the last bottle of fish sauce !

Good luck all.

Tango7

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Tango7, it must be sweet relief. From what you say though, you first hear that you can pick up her passport but you don't know if she has the visa at that point - is that right? You don't know if you've got the visa 'til you get to the front of the queue at VFS?

I was hoping to (1) get positive word (2) book 2 tickets from here in UK (3) pick up Mrs (4) pick up passport on the way back through BKK to airport.

Is there not some way VFS could let you know by phone or email if you're successful?

Has anyone got info on this please?

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Tango7, it must be sweet relief. From what you say though, you first hear that you can pick up her passport but you don't know if she has the visa at that point - is that right? You don't know if you've got the visa 'til you get to the front of the queue at VFS?

I was hoping to (1) get positive word (2) book 2 tickets from here in UK (3) pick up Mrs (4) pick up passport on the way back through BKK to airport.

Is there not some way VFS could let you know by phone or email if you're successful?

Hi Gypsymoth (is that not the saling boat at greenwich, london?)

I believe they are not allowed to even open the envelope, only your wife is allowed to collect and it must be sealed.

However, hopefully there may be a way around this someone else has found...perhaps a call to the Embassy would be best as they would need to auth this in the first place.

I believe they are not allowed to even open the envelope, only your wife is allowed to collect and it must be sealed.

However, hopefully there may be a way around this someone else has found...perhaps a call to the Embassy would be best as they would need to auth this in the first place.

I think you are right but someone knew before my wife because the person who handed her the envelope said "congratulations"as he handed the envelope to her. She said "what do you mean congratulations?"and he said.. "open it and see".

So, he already knew but I think they will not tell you over the phone... not sure though. anyone know differently ?

Thank you Tango.

I did get a reply from my e-mail today see below. Will hold off for a while on the fax.

Dear Mr. **********,

[/size]

Thank you for your email of 14 May 2009.

We were confirmed that the application is still on normally process with the British Embassy.

Regarding to your concerns, we have also forwarded a copy of your email to the British Embassy, visa section who will advise accordingly.

For information on how to submit an application including the documents required and visa fees or for tracking your application or any visa related enquiries please visits our website, www.vfs-uk-th.com

You can also find further information regarding information for sponsors and visit entry requirements on the website www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Status tracking through SMS for 15 Baht

Please log on to http://vfs-uk-th.com/ for further details

Effective 08 May 2009, the visa fees has been changed

Best Regards,

Helpdesk – UK Visa Application Centre

2nd Floor, Regent House

183 Rajdamri Road

Lumpini

Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Telephone: +662 800 8050

E-mail: [email protected]

I'd send the fax. That email came from VFS and not the ambassy and I think it's a standard reply as I had a number of those from VFS and even though they say they have forwarded the enquiry, it never gets an answer. Emails don't work in my opinion.

I think you are right but someone knew before my wife because the person who handed her the envelope said "congratulations"as he handed the envelope to her. She said "what do you mean congratulations?"and he said.. "open it and see".

So, he already knew but I think they will not tell you over the phone... not sure though. anyone know differently ?

You took the words out of my mouth, and you're not the first to mention that the VFS staff say 'congratulations' while the envelope is sealed - doesn't add up somehow.

I've emailed VFS to ask if I can phone.

You took the words out of my mouth, and you're not the first to mention that the VFS staff say 'congratulations' while the envelope is sealed - doesn't add up somehow.

I've emailed VFS to ask if I can phone.

VFS reply:

The website tracking facility enables you to find out whether the application is returned, still on progress or interview is needed, but does not show the result of the application.

Please accept our apology for being unable to give you a definitive answer, as we are not able to answer individual enquiries about granted the visa. The result for your applying the visa is in a close envelope. Applicant has to come collecting it and open the envelope to see the result.

.....I guess I'm just going to have to fly without knowing. We haven't seen each other for 11 months anyway, I'm not going to drag it out longer.

Just made my morning phone call to the wife really not expecting any news and she said she was VFS after getting an SMS to collect her passport.

I have to call back in an hour as apparently the queues are large.

I figure everything should be ok as we had a strong application and our doing this on the tail end of a visit visa - fingers, legs and the dogs claws crossed for the next hour.

Fingers and Toes crossed for you her too tIusurname. From what you have said previously it sounds like you have a strong application anyway.

Seems they are at least dealing with March applications mostly now.

Problem is you are 20 odd days ahead of me so mine could be anything from 1 week to a month away yet.

This is getting VERY stressful. It is the not knowing that makes it worse. If there was at least some more indication than ( Your application has been forwarded to the Embassy) it would help.

Some form of queue showing your approximate position.

Oh well i guess i will simply have to grin and bear it.

Phew she's got it guys! it's not quite fully sunk in yet for me as I have got so used to sitting with this for the past two and half months, but we are there now.

Listen I really do feel for you guys and I sincerly hope a speedy answer for you...I will stick around in here and do my bit.

Submittied: 4th March

Recieved: 15th May.

Phew she's got it guys! it's not quite fully sunk in yet for me as I have got so used to sitting with this for the past two and half months, but we are there now.

Listen I really do feel for you guys and I sincerly hope a speedy answer for you...I will stick around in here and do my bit.

Great news... congrats !

All the best to you and Mrs tlusername. Now..... the packing !!

Congratulations

And Thank you For starting this Thread two months ago

It has been good for people waiting. Certainly has for me. It's been a long time coming you got there in the End

Enjoy the Long Summer nights and think of all the poor souls waiting Your time is over

Good Luck Kennkate :)

Congrats to the both of you!!!!!

Submitted: 20th March

Received: ??????? Hopefully in the next 2 weeks......

It is finally starting to look like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... going to pencil in some leave at work for June 8th to the 17th, so I can fly out any time after the 29th of May

Thanks All!

I do get the feeling they are starting to make some good headway now...the busy period when there was lots of student and visitor applications has passed so they must be getting back to normal working practise again. I think we were just the unfortunate ones to apply during a very busy period.