Uk Settlement

Its nice to see you lot havent lost your sense of Humor.

It certainly makes this thread better. All we have had on this Thread is Doom & Gloom

My Wife won't use the Hotel Shampoo she says its not good

So I pack it up and use it :)

I did ask her if she wanted to take Buda she said "NO Not want" And I thought she would want to.

Maybe when the time comes she will change her mind.

All Systems go tomorow Embassy back to work

You would think they would give them a bit of Overtime to get that pile down. Tight Buggers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I probably have different situation from you guys. I have ILR already but been in BKK to submited settlement application for my children since 9th March. It'd been already 2 months for me who have been waiting to hear a good news from UK embassy in BKK. Yes of course hope for the settlement visa granted for my children !

When I came back to Thailand I've never thought that this visa process will take time so long. I had 3 weeks annual leave holiday but I asked my boss to give me another 3 weeks without pay on top of my annual leave just in case if I cannot return to work in time, (It was a bad sense of myself that time) and that was true, because my holiday and that extra leave was ended since 18th April and my British husabnd need to go back to the UK because of work commitment, we have to stay apart for 1 month now.

Everything seems messed up, I cannot return to the UK to work, I have to postponed my ticket few time and maybe again, my husband has been sick at home alone ... huh

Anyway, My children need a schooling in this month because a Thai school will open a new semaster term in next week, so I have to put my children into an English language school for now, instead of their major school which they had resigned since the end of Feb. (because their school told me if they want to leave the school to study in the UK , my children need to resigned from the school before a new semaster start, they studied at St.Francis Xavier school)

I am so strees, because I am in fear of lossing my job in the UK too. (even though, my boss knows and very supportive my leave without pay, but who know in this tiem of resession?)

I wish everybody will receive a good new soon, and yes to me and my children as well.

If I have any good new from my side I will sure come to this thread again to pass on the information.

Sorry for my poor English which my husband called this is Thailish! ... and Yes, I like to collect shampoo, conditioner, shower cap and sewing kit from a hotel as well as some of your Mrs, because they are very useful when travelling somewhere else that they don't have them ! like a swimming pool etc.,.. haha

Best wishes,

AnyaDharu

Hi all,

I probably have different situation from you guys. I have ILR already but been in BKK to submited settlement application for my children since 9th March. It'd been already 2 months for me who have been waiting to hear a good news from UK embassy in BKK. Yes of course hope for the settlement visa granted for my children !

When I came back to Thailand I've never thought that this visa process will take time so long. I had 3 weeks annual leave holiday but I asked my boss to give me another 3 weeks without pay on top of my annual leave just in case if I cannot return to work in time, (It was a bad sense of myself that time) and that was true, because my holiday and that extra leave was ended since 18th April and my British husabnd need to go back to the UK because of work commitment, we have to stay apart for 1 month now.

I am so strees, because I am in fear of lossing my job in the UK too. (even though, my boss knows and very supportive my leave without pay, but who know in this tiem of resession?)

I wish everybody will receive a good new soon, and yes to me and my children as well.

If I have any good new from my side I will sure come to this thread again to pass on the information.

Best wishes,

AnyaDharu

Good luck Anya... Hopefully you will get good new soon.

MrsFiend sounds like MrsTango7. She also wants a Buddha "room" but this just means a small statue; more of a symbol than anything.

You're lucky..... MrsFiend is intending on bringing 5 Buddhas over, not just a token small one!!!! Good job Emirates have just upped baggage allowances :)

Hi all,

Everything seems messed up, I cannot return to the UK to work, I have to postponed my ticket few time and maybe again, my husband has been sick at home alone ... huh

Anyway, My children need a schooling in this month because a Thai school will open a new semaster term in next week, so I have to put my children into an English language school for now, instead of their major school which they had resigned since the end of Feb. (because their school told me if they want to leave the school to study in the UK , my children need to resigned from the school before a new semaster start, they studied at St.Francis Xavier school)

Sorry for my poor English which my husband called this is Thailish! ... and Yes, I like to collect shampoo, conditioner, shower cap and sewing kit from a hotel as well as some of your Mrs, because they are very useful when travelling somewhere else that they don't have them ! like a swimming pool etc.,.. haha

Best wishes,

AnyaDharu

It is posts like this that puts my own wait into perspective. At least i do not have children in the mix and the problems with schools etc.

It is horrible to be seperated for so long from my wife but i do not have the financial and the educational pressures you have to deal with.

All i can say is that i hope you get your Visa soon AnyaDharu and that the whole family can be together in the near future. It is a poor service we get from the embassey considering the amounts we are paying.

As for your Thailish or as i call it Thainglish, all i can say is that it is a thousand times better than my poor attempts at speaking (never mind reading ) Thai.

Have i miss understood , You can only submit a settlement visa on line, or can you still just put your application file into the British Embasy Bangkok.
Online applications only for settlement visa applications.

Just to clarify. This online application is only a new thing. Prior to April it was still possible ( in fact very common) to put in a paper application.

So you now apply on line , do they call you in for an interview and you take your file with you ,or is it all done on line, just wondering because i want to apply for a settlement visa for my Thai partner who i will be marrying in Thailand In June , She has been to the UK before , on a holiday visa i still have her file and its been up dated, if i can i want to do it all while i am there in Thailand, OK if it takes a while and hopefully she gets it , i can get her a flite back to the UK.

It certainly makes this thread better. All we have had on this Thread is Doom & Gloom

I did ask her if she wanted to take Buda she said "NO Not want" And I thought she would want to.

You would think they would give them a bit of Overtime to get that pile down. Tight Buggers

Any work done after 4.30, if agreed by supervisor, is paid as overtime in 30 minute increments and with the number of applications x fee means they can certainly afford it

Assuming 165 per month ( last one or two months ) x 26,000 baht ( could be more, but I'm keeping it simple ) = 4,290,000 per month just on settlement visas.

Let's assume 75,000 Baht per staff as an average salary, that means 57 staff. Assuming one staff takes 5 days to process an application, they could finish roughly 4 per month per staff. This would mean 228 applications completed per month.

Instead, our money goes to ensure each diplomat has a large number of paid for holidays per year. What I mean by this is, as diplomats, they are allowed to spend X amount of money per family member on taking holidays to anywhere in the world. They then put in an expense claim and get it reimbursed. I know of 500,000 a year being paid out to a single family to take holidays (not British embassy staff but I'm sure they get the same or more). This is over and above salary......

Just thought I'd brighten your day a little.

By the way, don't you need a letter from authorities to take a Buddha out of Thailand ?

Any work done after 4.30, if agreed by supervisor, is paid as overtime in 30 minute increments and with the number of applications x fee means they can certainly afford it

Assuming 165 per month ( last one or two months ) x 26,000 baht ( could be more, but I'm keeping it simple ) = 4,290,000 per month just on settlement visas.

Let's assume 75,000 Baht per staff as an average salary, that means 57 staff. Assuming one staff takes 5 days to process an application, they could finish roughly 4 per month per staff. This would mean 228 applications completed per month.

Instead, our money goes to ensure each diplomat has a large number of paid for holidays per year. What I mean by this is, as diplomats, they are allowed to spend X amount of money per family member on taking holidays to anywhere in the world. They then put in an expense claim and get it reimbursed. I know of 500,000 a year being paid out to a single family to take holidays (not British embassy staff but I'm sure they get the same or more). This is over and above salary......

Just thought I'd brighten your day a little.

By the way, don't you need a letter from authorities to take a Buddha out of Thailand ?

Just got a call from my wife stating that she has been told her visa is ready for collection. Can't do this until 3pm today ( now 10 am ).

I will report back when I know.

I placed my application on the 10th March, application sent to embassy on the 11th March.

Next 5 hours will be hel_l...

Good News Tango7 Now you can get on that Flight and its Tango7 Over And Out

All the best From Kennkate

Thanks KennKate but it's not a positive outcome yet. I will know at about 3pm whether we've been successful, and with her being 12 weeks pregnant and sincerely hope so.

Just got a call from my wife stating that she has been told her visa is ready for collection. Can't do this until 3pm today ( now 10 am ).

I placed my application on the 10th March, application sent to embassy on the 11th March.

Good luck Tango!!!

Your application was 10 days before ours, so hopefully we might hear something within the next 2 weeks.....

Good luck Tango!!!

Your application was 10 days before ours, so hopefully we might hear something within the next 2 weeks.....

Same here 18th March so could be next week :) for us

Good news Tango I am happy for you - but I must say I am f**king livid now. Our application was forwarded to the embassy on the 4th March so it just goes to show that they are not processing in any order...unless they are about to spring an interview on us after waiting for over two months.

Good news Tango I am happy for you - but I must say I am f**king livid now. Our application was forwarded to the embassy on the 4th March so it just goes to show that they are not processing in any order...unless they are about to spring an interview on us after waiting for over two months.

Dear All

My wife received her spouse settlement visa today.

It must have been the most stressful few hours of both our lives and took us back to waiting for our Uni. entrance results and then our finals.

There were a number of people there and so there was a 30 minute wait once in the office even though we headed the queue. The person who gave my wife back her documents said "congratulations" before she even opened it.

I believe that the visa might have been processed a little earlier due to my wife's pregnancy.

To all who have shared their concerns, advice and stories: A very big thank you as it helped us both through a stressful time.

Mrs. Tango7 and I wish everyone waiting the best of luck and perhaps we'll bump into you in an asian deli squabbling over the last bottle of fish sauce !

Good luck all.

Tango7

Tango7 - congrats again.

Did you request they view the application earlier due to your wife's pregnancy? I just cannot figure why we are still waiting when we applied a week before (I could understand a day or two, but not a whole working week).

I suppose I am just going to have to go back to waiting, but now I am just thinking the worst and I dare not tell me wife about this or she will start worrying sick.

tlusername It looks as though they are not as one would Expect doing them in strict Order

A few people on this thread (Johndoarung submited on 9 Feb. Jamesbones on 12 Feb)

Not come back to say they have or have not recived

So you are as wise as I am

I doubt you are on the Interview List. It looks like they give each one A pile to Look at and you might have A slow worker.

If you Look back through this thread you will see that people are NOT Reciving them in Strict Order

Having said that you must be getting Close.

Fingers Crossed for you I hope you get A positive result soon.

Sorry To Tango7 i wasen't thinking I have Everyting Crossed. You will Know by Now I dont dare look God Knows what you were going thro.

tlusername It looks as though they are not as one would Expect doing them in strict Order

A few people on this thread (Johndoarung submited on 9 Feb. Jamesbones on 12 Feb)

Not come back to say they have or have not recived

So you are as wise as I am

I doubt you are on the Interview List. It looks like they give each one A pile to Look at and you might have A slow worker.

If you Look back through this thread you will see that people are NOT Reciving them in Strict Order

Having said that you must be getting Close.

Fingers Crossed for you I hope you get A positive result soon.

Sorry To Tango7 i wasen't thinking I have Everyting Crossed. You will Know by Now I dont dare look God Knows what you were going thro.

Sure Kenn you have a good point and thanks....I just get so jumpy going through this game and I think what makes it so hard is the uncertainty - the fact that someone for some reason could say 'No' and then god only knows how long you have to wait then and what you would have to go through (I love my wife that much that I think I would drop everything in the UK and try and make a life out in Thailand).

Trying to be more postive though I can only imagine the relief felt once you get the good news...I know for myself a shit load of pressure will drop away from solar plexus and I am sure it will do my health some good to put this whole thing in past..

until then I sit and wait...but not for much longer please :)

Dear All

There were a number of people there and so there was a 30 minute wait once in the office even though we headed the queue. The person who gave my wife back her documents said "congratulations" before she even opened it.

To all who have shared their concerns, advice and stories: A very big thank you as it helped us both through a stressful time.

Mrs. Tango7 and I wish everyone waiting the best of luck and perhaps we'll bump into you in an asian deli squabbling over the last bottle of fish sauce !

Good luck all.

Tango7

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Tango!!! Great news!!!

I think the time between being told it is ready to pick up... and actually finding out the result will be very stressfull.... especially for me!!!

Good luck for the future, Mr and Mrs(+1) Tango7...... :)

Dear All

It must have been the most stressful few hours of both our lives and took us back to waiting for our Uni. entrance results and then our finals.

I believe that the visa might have been processed a little earlier due to my wife's pregnancy.

Good luck all.

Tango7

Dear All

Good luck all.

Tango7

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Tango!!! Great news!!!

I think the time between being told it is ready to pick up... and actually finding out the result will be very stressfull.... especially for me!!!

Good luck for the future, Mr and Mrs(+1) Tango7...... :)

Thank you very much. Our best wishes to you too.

dear tango7 and wife congrats to you both on your settlement visa outcome.myself and my wife are in a simular situation to yourselfs.wife submitted all paperwork on 12 march 09.my mistake ithought she was 16 weeks preagnant but she is actualy 20 weeks preagnant.i hope we here soon as the clock is counting down against us,as i do beleve airlines have acut off point at 7 months for preanant women .cking stressing now.

dear tango7 and wife congrats to you both on your settlement visa outcome.myself and my wife are in a simular situation to yourselfs.wife submitted all paperwork on 12 march 09.my mistake ithought she was 16 weeks preagnant but she is actualy 20 weeks preagnant.i hope we here soon as the clock is counting down against us,as i do beleve airlines have acut off point at 7 months for preanant women .cking stressing now.

Hi Chanthas

I just sent you a PM ( Private Message in case you haven't received one before).

To access the message, look at the top right of your screen and as long as you have logged in, you'll see NEW MESSAGES...

Regards

Tango7