Uk Settlement

Dear All,

Just want to pass on some news !

My children settlement visa has granted already since 19/05/09 (visa settlement to join parent(s)), anyway I got SMS from the VFS to collected their passport this morning only. No interview required.

I don't know how many visa catergories has granted in a day, but from what I have seen whithin 1 hr when I was there, they are only about 40 people in the queue at collected point. I have no idea how many of them are settlement visa.

I have seen so many Thai women were there to collected their passport. Hope some of them are your Mrs. :)

I wish you guys all the best.

Cheers,

AnyaDharu

Submitted 09/03/2009

Collected 21/05/2009

Congratulations Anya, thats about ten weeks so similar to the people who got theirs last week.

According to my calender it's about 43 working days yet on their web site on processing times for the last two months they've said over half of settlement visas are processed within 30 working days. Does anybody know of any settlement visas granted within this time?

April's figures are due any day now, it'll be interesting to see what claims they make on those.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear All,

Just want to pass on some news !

My children settlement visa has granted already since 19/05/09 (visa settlement to join parent(s)), anyway I got SMS from the VFS to collected their passport this morning only. No interview required.

I wish you guys all the best.

Cheers,

AnyaDharu

Submitted 09/03/2009

Collected 21/05/2009

Congrats Anya.... :)

Just been looking through this thread again and updated the list with those that have been granted

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - 8weeks

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - 5weeks

kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - 12weeks

pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - 11weeks

jamesbones 12/2 no update -

johndoarung 12/2 no update

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - 5 weeks

LINDTY 18/2 granted 24/4 - 9weeks

tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - 12weeks

eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - 6weeks

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Looks like the current waiting time is between 9 and 10 weeks.... I did notice that the 2 with no updates have not been online since start of May..... A sign that their visas have been granted perhaps....

Cheers fiend, you must have even more time on your hands than me, updating this while you're waiting for some news :) . I check the VFS website twice a day because I don't know what time of the day it's updated and I go to this thread 4/5 times a day just to see if anybody has had any news. It's been about 8 1/2 weeks for us and 9 weeks for you so here's hoping we get some good news by the end of next week.

edited to add feasantplukka to the bottom of the list.

Edited by sumrit

Cheers fiend, you must have even more time on your hands than me, updating this while you're waiting for some news :) . I check the VFS website twice a day because I don't know what time of the day it's updated and I go to this thread 4/5 times a day just to see if anybody has had any news. It's been about 8 1/2 weeks for us and 9 weeks for you so here's hoping we get some good news by the end of next week.

Happen to be on a rest-day today.........

Think the VFS tracking data gets updated around mid-day BKK time.

Looking at the figures I am hoping we will hear something by the end of next week.

Emirates start flying the Airbus A380 double-decker on the BKK route 1st June and am hoping I get to fly out on one....... Although I won't be looking forward to queueing at immigration after one has landed!

Congratulations Anya and thanks to all the people who are compiling lists. I love lists.

The average waiting time for the 12 people so far is 66 days. (9.4 weeks) - 24 days short of the 3 months.

Fingers crossed the average will either stay the same or hopefully drop!

edited to add feasantplukka to the bottom of the list.

Cheers Sumrit.......... hadn't spotted I'd missed him! :)

You may already have discussed this, apologies if you have, but another consideration to take into account (when forecasting dates) is that as from the 2nd March 2009 Bangkok has been processing all the visa applications from Vietnam to the UK (always did Laos & Cambodia). Good eh? On another thread a well informed source has said that UK applications from Vietnam are 'significant'. So, what are the odds that the UKBA have (a) 'resourced up' and (:D 'trained up ' for this additional work? Just guessing here, but I'd have a stab in the dark that this could be one reason why we have seen a steady(?) increase in processing times and the stock answer "12 weeks".

Good luck to those successes.

My son went to the embassy on Tuesday to get a passport for his newborn baby girl and asked about his wifes settlement visa (submitted on 8th April) they told him they couldnt tell him anything....am thinking of sending off an email to the embassy and complaining though as when he put the passport form in not only did they want his birth certificate and the babies Thai birth certificate (as it states quite clearly on the embassy website under documents needed) but then told him that he needed her Thai ID card and also her family book, luckily he had these on him. I cant see any reason for them requesting these, it seems that they really dont know what they are doing.

When his wife put in her visa application they took out my sons old cancelled passports and said they werent needed, you can bet that they will receive a phone call saying that there is no proof of his previous visits to Thailand.

Here is an updated list with some kate46s sons added

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - 8weeks

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - 5weeks

kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - 12weeks

pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - 11weeks

jamesbones 12/2 no update -

johndoarung 12/2 no update

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - 5 weeks

LINDTY 18/2 granted 24/4 - 9weeks

tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - 12weeks

eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - 6weeks

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks

Johnson83 11/3

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we should see a few more of these with granted added...

My son went to the embassy on Tuesday to get a passport for his newborn baby girl and asked about his wifes settlement visa (submitted on 8th April) they told him they couldnt tell him anything....am thinking of sending off an email to the embassy and complaining though as when he put the passport form in not only did they want his birth certificate and the babies Thai birth certificate (as it states quite clearly on the embassy website under documents needed) but then told him that he needed her Thai ID card and also her family book, luckily he had these on him. I cant see any reason for them requesting these, it seems that they really dont know what they are doing.

When his wife put in her visa application they took out my sons old cancelled passports and said they werent needed, you can bet that they will receive a phone call saying that there is no proof of his previous visits to Thailand.

as you say he could expect a phone call, I submitted my old passport with the wifes application, also photo copies of the stamped pages in it, the agent I used told me to do this, and guess what, they didnt give me mine back, or tell me it wasnt needed, do they really know what their doing? one thing is for sure their slow at what they do. :)

Added myself

Johnson83 - 11/3

Gypsymoth - 13/3

Kennkate - 17/3

Chewy - 18/3

TheFiend - 20/3

Sumrit - 24/3

Merangue - 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock - 30/3

Mrburb - 03/4

I have flights booked on July 2nd - nice and cheap with Airasia :)

(but not so cheap if we can't get the visa in time)

I should mention that on Thai forums there are a few people who haven't recieved their visa dating back to February.

Hooo hum

Best of luck with AirAsia MrBurb.

Flew back with them last month and thought you should beware of a few points.

You MUST take Malaysian ringit on the plane with you or you won't get anything to eat or drink... not even water.

If you want a TV for Movies speak up right away as they only carry 60 portable video players for the entire flight. Cost 50 MYR.

The Airport in QL does not open until the flight so if you can get there early and book into a hotel it is better.

Excess baggage costs 50 MYR per Kilo.

I guess I should post this elsewhere too.

April's results - taken from VFS. (had to edit to make it readable)

Settlement Visas(days)

10 days

2%

4%

10%

95%

99%

99%

Decisions Made in Month

Edited by mrburb

Settlement Visas(days)

10 days

2%

4%

10%

95%

99%

99%

Decisions Made in Month

Correct me please, but isn't that fewer decisions taking more time?

Settlement Visas(days)

10 days

2%

4%

10%

95%

99%

99%

Decisions Made in Month

Correct me please, but isn't that fewer decisions taking more time?

Suggesting the theory that some of the staff are now dealing with the Vietnamese instead of the Thai applications, may be valid. :)

My timing has always sucked. :D

95% completed in 60 days = 12 weeks with no holidays. Not sounding good at all.

Only One Anya got the visas for children this week.

Not one from the Original little Group.

Is it a bank holliday on Monday ? if it is then thats another day to Cross off

I was expecting Chanthas and Gypsymoth to have recived theirs this week submited 12 & 13 March

Tango7 got his last week submited on the 10 March.

Very Depressing. But nothing we can do other than wait.

a few girls in Thai forum received the visa this week, 2 applied on 24 Feb got the visa on 19 and 21 May and another girl applied on 15 March and she got it on 18 May. hope this make you guys feel a bit better!

Mrburb's Mrs. :)

a few girls in Thai forum received the visa this week, 2 applied on 24 Feb got the visa on 19 and 21 May and another girl applied on 15 March and she got it on 18 May. hope this make you guys feel a bit better!

Thanks Mrs Mrburb, every bit of info is valued.

Thanks Mr burb. Every little helps and it means that while slow they are at least still working.

Settlement Visas(days)

10 days

2%

4%

10%

95%

99%

99%

Decisions Made in Month

170 decisions made in March and only 110 in April and most of them are older ones.

If you compare Feb, March and Aprils figures then the 'newer and quicker' ones that were completed within 30 working days during February and March appear not to have been looked at during April (although we did lose a complete working week for songran etc) so I think all of us that have already been waiting for more than 30 working days can probably assume that they are just starting to look at our applications and we might hear something over the next five or six weeks or so, if we're lucky :)

And to think I've known for quite a while that I would have to go back to the UK in May/June this year (I'm due a medical next month although I could possibly delay a week or two if necessary). I could have gone back six months ago before all these delays but I didn't want to take the family over in the middle of winter, they'd have hated it, so ,as there hadn't been any major delays for the last few years I decided to wait til March before applying.

I won't try to be clever again!!

what is interesting is that although applications are slow, we've not heard of any refusals even though there has been a number of posts in various places stating that refusals were quite common first time round.

The only refusal I've seen is the one from the South African chappie who started his own thread.

This must be of some comfort for those waiting, even if it doesn't speed things up. It almost suggests they must find very valid reasons to refuse as opposed to finding valid reasons to allow.

Looking at the April figures there has been a massive drop in Visitor Visa applications from the March figures, and they seem to give VV applications priority. Hopefully they will now be able to clear some of the backlog on the Settlement ones.

Today we hit 9 weeks since the application, but there have been 7 Thai holidays since we applied, so instead of being waiting 45 working days, but it will only go down as being 38 so far :)

At least it looks as though March is getting worked through...... and hopefully some of us should hear something in the next 7 days......... fingers crossed!!!

Guys, VFS messaged us this afternoon and said that the application has been processed and in a 2nd message that it has been returned to the courier.

Were gonna go try pick it up tomorrow,were in chiang mai btw..do you think ill have to wait until monday before i can collect it?

Either way, atleast the waitings over,lets hope we get some good news!

Guys, VFS messaged us this afternoon and said that the application has been processed and in a 2nd message that it has been returned to the courier.

Were gonna go try pick it up tomorrow,were in chiang mai btw..do you think ill have to wait until monday before i can collect it?

Either way, atleast the waitings over,lets hope we get some good news!

Fingers crossed for you both....... Hope it's good news.

So here is an updated list with applications since the start of March.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Johnson83 11/3 ????? 22/5 10 weeks 2days

chantas 12/3

Gypsymoth 13/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

So it looks as though the current average is 10 weeks from date of application, so hopefully a somewhere between 3 and 5 of us might hear something next week.

Fingers crossed everybody :)