Uk Settlement

Its true that on the online application there wasn't any space for requested date of travel....though when I printed one off from the Embassy website about a month before my son applied online (so i could go through most of the questions with him on the phone) there was a space for the date of travel.

In his letter he told them his flights were booked for 14th June and that he needed to be back in the UK to start a job by the end of June

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that may have been a factor is my unanswered email regarding my Wifes TB certificate running out soon.

It is possible the email has pushed me further up the list to avoid it running out or it is possible it merely put my application on the Email recipients desk so they ended up doing it anyway.

Still bottling it by the way. Got another 40 hours or so before i learn what result we have.

Hope some others get something soon so we can bottle it together.

Good luck to everyone. :)

Hi Merangue

Out of interest, what RTD (requested travel date) did you request when you submitted your application?

We requested 9th April as that was when i had to return to the UK. Needless to say the processing times expanded about that time however.

Hi Merangue, so tell us the verdict on your application. I hope you got your visa granted.................

Unknown. Wife is getting the overnight bus to Bangkok on Thursday so will arrive Early morning Friday. Then she will have to wait till she can collect and open it.

It is a horrible feeling knowing that one single word can mean our life together can begin properly or if it will keep us apart for even longer.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD -10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

Merangue 25/3 ????? 03/6 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

If i remember correctly we sed we would like her to fly here at the begining of may 1st (RTD)

Our RTD date was 23rd May. Thought we'd given loads of time (submitted on 30th March). I think I started checking the online site after about two weeks after submission - yep I do feel a burk, still I'll never forget our APET number. I'm not looking forward to the Mrs' sister visit visa application later this year. :) Me thinks we need to start soon :D .

Must admit can't get my head around the latest statement on the vfs page. Non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. I assume this means if you submit an Settlement visa today expect a 12 week wait? However, for some posters they are getting close to that even though they submitted in mid March.

Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. As another poster has suggested a big slug of applications waved bye-bye (including me) to the date due to travel a while ago. Not sure how these get treated? In addition would a ECO be told by the ECM to stop working on your case beacause "we've had some fresh applications in with some really tight due to travel dates, so drop it and work on these fresh 'uns"??

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays. The Embassy does say to allow 12 weeks for SV, so still within service levels. My expectations, based on historical performance, was that it would be a significantly shorter wait.

Good luck for the top 3 tomorrow. I've never been 'upgraded' in my life, so until you get the nod I'll be staying put. :D

If i remember correctly we sed we would like her to fly here at the begining of may 1st (RTD)

Our RTD date was 23rd May. Thought we'd given loads of time (submitted on 30th March). I think I started checking the online site after about two weeks after submission - yep I do feel a burk, still I'll never forget our APET number. I'm not looking forward to the Mrs' sister visit visa application later this year. :) Me thinks we need to start soon :D .

Must admit can't get my head around the latest statement on the vfs page. Non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. I assume this means if you submit an Settlement visa today expect a 12 week wait? However, for some posters they are getting close to that even though they submitted in mid March.

Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. As another poster has suggested a big slug of applications waved bye-bye (including me) to the date due to travel a while ago. Not sure how these get treated? In addition would a ECO be told by the ECM to stop working on your case beacause "we've had some fresh applications in with some really tight due to travel dates, so drop it and work on these fresh 'uns"??

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays. The Embassy does say to allow 12 weeks for SV, so still within service levels. My expectations, based on historical performance, was that it would be a significantly shorter wait.

Good luck for the top 3 tomorrow. I've never been 'upgraded' in my life, so until you get the nod I'll be staying put. :D

please do not call me stupid but it says exactly the same on the WORLDBRIDGE SITE where we submitted my wife's application,sorry in Jamaica, is this right ???????

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

scotland 22/4

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

scotland 22/4

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

(RTD30/5) WE JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT,EASIER SAID THAN DONE I KNOW. GOOD LUCK TODAY IF EXPECTING ANSWER

As a matter of interest, for you guys checking the tracking service on The VFS website, is the information updated at a regular time or even daily, or is updated a few days after you have collected your passports?

As a matter of interest, for you guys checking the tracking service on The VFS website, is the information updated at a regular time or even daily, or is updated a few days after you have collected your passports?

It's updated daily, thats the way we're informed that the passports are ready for collection, unless you've arranged to have a text message sent to you. As far as I'm aware the VFS centre receive the passports from the Embassy mid morning and usually update it between midday and 1pm each day but, I think like most people here, because it's in such a mess at the moment and nobody from the VFS office actually told wife the time I usually check morning, lunch time and in the afternoon. I think most people who get a text message receive them mid morning.

Last year when we were waiting for an urgent visa so my wife could go to my mothers funeral somebody at the VFS office actually phoned me at about 11-30 in the morning to say they'd just received the passport back and were phoning to give us as much time as they could to collect it that day.

Updated again

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4 (RTD 14/6)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica (RTD 30/5)

scotland 22/4

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5 (RTD 01/7)

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Same here I have had to make a desition.

If we do not recive news by Tue I will have to try to get back to the Uk. On or before June16

Sods law it will come the day after I have booked to go back, And the flight will be booked up

I dont thnk the flights are too busy but I dare not leave it untill much after Tue 9th

Theirs allways tomorrow. One since the 25th Looking at THE List if it goes on this way, That 3 month wait is going to expand, To 4 Months Then 5 Months

:):D:D

Edited by kennkate

If we do not recive news by Tue I will have to try to get back to the Uk. On or before June16

Sods law it will come the day after I have booked to go back, And the flight will be booked up

I dont thnk the flights are too busy but I dare not leave it untill much after Tue 9th

Theirs allways tomorrow. One since the 25th Looking at THE List if it goes on this way, That 3 month wait is going to expand, To 4 Months Then 5 Months

Hi KennKate..... I fly out on 16th with EVA. Flight is looking pretty busy as all the seats in Elite are booked up. Didn't check the rest.

Why not get stand by tickets and keep changing the dates until you need to fly. This is what we did and our travel agent was OK with that as they'd not issued the ticket....just booked it.

I know how you feel kennkate, the current stamp in my passport has got about four weeks to run but my non O visa runs out on Monday so if I don't hear tomorrow I'll have to do a visa run over the weekend because I can't garantee it will be sorted in the next month. Add to that I should have been back in the UK last month for a medical with my company, it's been no problem delaying it as they don't realize I'm now fit for work (I've been on a long term 'medical pension' and they didn't expect me to be able to work again). They aren't going to be happy when they find out I've delayed going back when fit.

03 June 2009: Customer satisfaction survey. We would like to hear your views on the visa application process. This online survey will give us valuable information on how you found the visa application process and areas for improvement. The survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete and your answers and comments are confidential. It will not affect the outcome of your visa application in any way. Thank you for taking part

Shall we all tell them what we really think about our experience.......... lol .......

No news for me yet either.

My wife has just been to the VFS office in Bangkok today to see what is going on as she has a good contact. She has had 5 UK holiday visas in the past. They say that the workload has increased significantly for all visas due to the increase in demand for them. Things have slowed down but she was given assurance that ours will be sometime soon! “And how far does a bird fly” my wife would say.

Also if you have paid for the text service your partner or wife will be informed before the VFS website is updated. I know it gives us something to do looking 3 times a day but they will know before hand.

We are now starting week 11 and it’s getting very frustrating. Just need to keep calm.

Good luck to all above, I do look on here about 10 times a day but don’t want to post a lot for fear of diluting the thread. I get all excited when I see new posts thinking someone has had good news.

Back soon I hope.

PM sent to Tango7 and sumrit RE Flights and MY Probs

To all the rest I did E Mail VFS today to Try and find out if possible if we could expect a decision anytime soon

Message came back to say Sorry for the delay, Settlement Visa's are taking 3 Months at the moment.

Due to heavy work load. They did say "Sorry for the delay" 12 Weeks on Tue for me 3 months or 2 ???

Working days more like 2 months We will see. Good Luck To All you sure need it

I know how you feel kennkate, the current stamp in my passport has got about four weeks to run but my non O visa runs out on Monday so if I don't hear tomorrow I'll have to do a visa run over the weekend because I can't garantee it will be sorted in the next month. Add to that I should have been back in the UK last month for a medical with my company, it's been no problem delaying it as they don't realize I'm now fit for work (I've been on a long term 'medical pension' and they didn't expect me to be able to work again). They aren't going to be happy when they find out I've delayed going back when fit.

I can't help much with the UK visa but I can help with this one.

If you don't want to do the border run and need extra time later (hope you don't) you can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. You just need your marriage certificate, wifes house book and ID. Plus copies of your passport photo, visa, and entry/permit to stay stamps pages. Copy of TM6 departure card. One photo. The fee is 1900 baht.

It's easy to get and would save you the border run.

Hope this helps and that you don't need the extension because your wife got her visa.

I can't help much with the UK visa but I can help with this one.

If you don't want to do the border run and need extra time later (hope you don't) you can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. You just need your marriage certificate, wifes house book and ID. Plus copies of your passport photo, visa, and entry/permit to stay stamps pages. Copy of TM6 departure card. One photo. The fee is 1900 baht.

It's easy to get and would save you the border run.

Hope this helps and that you don't need the extension because your wife got her visa.

Thanks for the info ubonjoe, I didn't know that was an option. I'd be loosing a month doing the visa run anyway so I'd end up with the same length of time, the cost is about the same and with any luck I may not need it. Cheers :)