Four Letter Words And More In Thai Parliament

george

2 MP exchange abusive words, nearly end up in brawl during censure debate

BANGKOK: -- A Puea Pandin Party MP and a Pheu Thai Party MP exchanged four-letter words in the assembly hall and a brawl nearly erupted between them during the first censure debate day Thursday.

Other MPs had to prevent Surachet Chaikosol of the Pheu Thai and Ronritthichai Khankhet of the Puea Pandin from engaging in a fist fight.

The two exchanged four-letter words after Suraschet reminded Ronritthichai that he was not a Cabinet member so he had no right to defend the censure targets.

When Ronritthichai replied that he would become a Cabinet member soon, Surachet raised his middle finger and uttered the four-letter word. Ronritthichai shouted the four-letter word back.

The two then tried to leave their seats to jump on each other but were stopped by their peers.

Surachet also challenged Ronritthichai to a fist fight outside the assembly hall but Ronritthichai remained inside.

-- The Nation 2009-03-19

the 4 letter word usually comes with "off" or "you".

I would like to see this "debate" televised

It is televised live on NBT.

The offending words were blocked out, but were in Thai, not English. It was all over in a matter of seconds, with both told to behave and Chai telling Ronritthichai Khankhet that he had no right to interupt the censure. Just a case of over inflated ego.

I am surprised , neither of them was thrown in jail or beaten with a leather strap for thier terribly demeaning usage of bad language , have to be a black and British tourist to get that kind of favouritism . :o

I am surprised , neither of them was thrown in jail or beaten with a leather strap for thier terribly demeaning usage of bad language , have to be a black and British tourist to get that kind of favouritism . :o

They weren't completely topless. They were wearing a tie.

Maybe the four letter work was '<deleted>' or Cu*t' :o

I know that I have used both in conjunction with the single finger gesture in the past ..

It worked a treat.. :D

Thai word of "disaster" led to 30-minute turmoil during censure debate

The word "chip hai" was not rude

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai MP Somkid Balthaisong led to a 30-minute protest by coalition MPs when he said Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya caused disaster to the country.

Coalition MPs cried foul that the Thai word of "chip hai" or "disaster" was rude language and could not be used during a House meeting.

"When this minister took office, he caused disaster to the country and he shamelessly asked for an additional budget to shore up his image," Somkid said.

Following a 30-minute turmoil, Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai ruled that the word "chip hai" was not rude.

-- The Nation 2009-03-20

I thought Thai people were too proper to cuss. That's what was reported to T.Visa readers within the Simon (black Brit thrown in jail for saying a bad English-speaking word) thread.

Perhaps it's simply mistaken identity, whereby a Thai called another some sort of beast of burden, such as water buffalo (Kwai).

In response, the other person could have called out, I am not a Kwai, I am a person!

.....and water buffalo everywhere breathe a sigh of relief - for what self-respecting buffalo would want to be mistaken for a type of hominid that is the most polluting, noisiest, and the all-around most harmful species on the planet?

Considering this is in Thailand, I'd imagine the four letter word to be "Kwai"?

:o

I didn't hear the word "Kwai" in the whole 2 days.

The reds use this word a lot when they meet. :D that they think Kwai ate all grasses in the Government House.

Edited by Koo82

Following a 30-minute turmoil, Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai ruled that the word "chip hai" was not rude.

But all words used in these 2 days can't be compared with those words that Kasit used when talking about Khun Hunsen.

DStation rerun some today but they might focus on the debate only. No more fun like yesterday :o

If anyone wants to see the voting if Abhisit government should be down or not, watch at 11am today. Peua Thai doesn't hope to win since government has small parties supporting them.

http://www.dstation.tv/

After those heating meetings in Parliament, when they are out, many still wai and talk like nothing has happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Visaradee, graduated in the same country where Abhisit studied, was blamed by a woman member in the censure debate that Visaradee does not have her brain, having to read from paper all the time, thinking she got help from someone writing for her, and she cannot continue if they take the paper out. :o

30093572-01.jpg

The meeting was turned upside down again for at least half an hour. Later on the woman apologized Visaradee.

The fact is the noble party Democrat and those who are in the same side always look down upon the poor's party and the poor in general.

Some hi-sos went under the charity scheme to meet the poor and they used hand to cover their noses. The poor are smelly to them. No way hi-sos can love the poor like Khun Thaksin and his parties.

Those who win the poor's hearts will win their votes. Trying to knock the poor's parties doesn't help anything.

Don't imagine for a minute that Visaradee is NOT Hi So.

She is the latest privaleged child of a puyai

making her bones more or less in the family business,

out of familial necessity ie 'Controlling their region' by hook or crook.

Dad's banned and has no #1 son, send in the cutsie daughter

and write her 'Party Lines' for her. Sure she can think on her own,

but doesn't mean she is naturally as devious as those who control her.

Visaradee, graduated in the same country where Abhisit studied, was blamed by a woman member in the censure debate that Visaradee does not have her brain, having to read from paper all the time, thinking she got help from someone writing for her, and she cannot continue if they take the paper out. :o

30093572-01.jpg

The meeting was turned upside down again for at least half an hour. Later on the woman apologized Visaradee.

The fact is the noble party Democrat and those who are in the same side always look down upon the poor's party and the poor in general.

Some hi-sos went under the charity scheme to meet the poor and they used hand to cover their noses. The poor are smelly to them. No way hi-sos can love the poor like Khun Thaksin and his parties.

Those who win the poor's hearts will win their votes. Trying to knock the poor's parties doesn't help anything.

Same photo in post 3 days earlier with a different context...

30093572-01.jpg

Visaradee is the only daughter of Visarn Techathirawat, one of the 111 former executives (TRT Banned # 99) of the now disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party who were stripped of their electoral rights for five years for electoral fraud.

At 27, she is only one week older than the youngest female MP in Parliament, Chinnicha Wongsawat (seated on right), who is the daughter of former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat (PPP Banned # 5), who as a Party executive is banned for 5 years for electoral fraud.

340x-5.jpg

Constitution Court Files Defamation Suit against Opposition's Rising Star MP

A rising star from the opposition party, who found herself in the limelight during last week's censure debate, now seems in trouble after the Constitution Court filed a defamation lawsuit against her.

Deputy Secretary-General of the Constitution Court's Office, Chaowana Trimas, revealed that the office had filed a defamation lawsuit against the opposition's rising star MP Visaradee Techateerawat at the Prarajchawang police station yesterday.

The Deputy Secretary-General said Visaradee had insulted the Constitution Court and state officials, violating criminal law acts 198 and 136.