How Do I Go About Training, Managing Thai Employees

I would like any ideas, on these matters regarding thai employees

1. I want to go about having some of my staff speak english or at least improve it. although I am unaware of where to start for a basic english idea

2. I want to show my staff on how I would like some of our products and services sold better and how to talk with guests better and more effective

3. Is it more effective to reward or discipline thai employee's or find balance on this issue

Any help or ideas would be most helpful.

I am aware of every company does have policy on certain things, but i want to make the most effective use and time of the employees

1. I want to go about having some of my staff speak english or at least improve it. although I am unaware of where to start for a basic english idea

Good companies pay their English classes at Berlitz. 2 hours a week.

2. I want to show my staff on how I would like some of our products and services sold better and how to talk with guests better and more effective

3. Is it more effective to reward or discipline thai employee's or find balance on this issue

Firstly, how did you land into this job? Should not you have demonstrated you know how to deal with this?

I am aware of every company does have policy on certain things, but i want to make the most effective use and time of the employees

Not really. Most of large companies have HR that uses common practices. Say, HP and IBM would have 80% of the training same or similar.

a few suggestions:

www.thaicoach.com - this guy has a regular column in the bkk post bt also has a book out

'working with the thais' is another book i hear about - find it with google or yahoo

plenty of previous threads on thaivisa about dealing with thais as employees - have you spent some time with the thaivisa search facility (top right this page)? takes a bit of experimenting with but you will find some good stuff if you are patient - a lot of people have had to deal with the same issues as you

a few suggestions:

www.thaicoach.com - this guy has a regular column in the bkk post bt also has a book out

'working with the thais' is another book i hear about - find it with google or yahoo

plenty of previous threads on thaivisa about dealing with thais as employees - have you spent some time with the thaivisa search facility (top right this page)? takes a bit of experimenting with but you will find some good stuff if you are patient - a lot of people have had to deal with the same issues as you

I still have to read that book.

Looks like (from the links provided) as yet another fad that nobody who really needs that kind of advice would ever see much usefull directions.

Unless, one is coming from the outer space.