Where Do You Go On A Saturday Night?

sbk

Will be back in Bangkok next month and am looking for recommendations on somewhere fun to go. I like to go dancing, so dance music would be ok, but I'd also be interested in going to one of the indie rock clubs mentioned in the Bangkok forum.

So, considering that I am not even remotely interested in places that are considered "men friendly" ie I do not need to find a woman to keep me company, am happy to go to mixed Thai/farang clubs or even solely Thai clubs (am used to be the only farang at social events :o ) where do you recommend for a fun night out?

Where to start? Where to end up? Where do you go on a Saturday night?

what kind of music do you like SBK? for dancing i don't really recommend RCA, it's too crowded to dance. club culture, Q bar, and Bed Supperclub are probably the places with the best dance floors that i have been to (the first one being my favorite of the 3, but a younger crowd), but they are different on different nights... my favorite was a place called DDM in banglamphu but i believe it has shut again for awhile... haven't been to P35 yet or to many of the Thai style places (ie. in Ekkamai) but they seem to be the typical standing around a table with your whiskey and soda set thing... i have yet to make it to the indie bars mentioned in the BKK forum either, but it seems like they come and go so quickly! you never know if a place still exists or not. i am probably gonna leave BKK at the end of the month, otherwise i would go out with ya!

Well, if you are in Bangkok at the end of April, let me know. I would be more than willing to follow your superior wisdom on fun places to go :D

***especially since I don't have a clue! :o

If in Bangers on a Sat nite during rugby, real football, season.

I go an Aussie Bar near Soi Cowboy, have about 6 hours of Super 14.

Great nite, except they have Aussie weazels beer.

Still get "Chang".

Well I mean uuuuuuuhhhhhhh, let's say you could have lot's of saturday evening fun at a McDonald where they have these small playgrounds.

Or you could go and visit a Lotus and sit down in front of those nice flatpanels and ask them to play some movies, they close at 23:00.

Or for example sit down at some part of Suk and count the number of differently colored taxi"s.

And it's all free as well!

:o

Well at least it's something different right?

You know in my homecountry I lived not far from the beach and sometimes took the GF out at night for "Moonbathing"

:D

Ok, I will think of something more exciting things to do on a saturday night or early sunday morning...... :o

Aussie Pub, see you there. :o:D

Unfortunately I will not be back till Nov.

Celebrate Loy Krathong in Chalong, on Phuket.

Then wander around LoS for awhile.

Will be staying in Asoke for last few nite, inc a Saturday nite.

Alex was s'posed to meet me last time, communications mxt up.

My suggestion:

"XEROX YOUTH"
A Dudesweet Summer Session 09

Saturday 4 April
9pm - 2 am
at 808, RCA
Adm. 200bht. (inc 1 drink) Before 10pm. 300 Bht (inc 1 drink) after.
Bring ID

DJ: Knatz, Nokair and Notakadia
Expect : Electronica, Rock, Punk

girlx, where are you going at the end of the month? are you leaving thailand or just bkk?

cloudbusting i am trying not to put updates on my situation as everything is up in the air right now. but most projects i had recently fell through due to economy woes... so at this point i think it is between going back to the US for a job for 6 months ( :o ), or if some other projects come through i would like to go stay in chiang mai for awhile- it is one area of thailand i have not yet lived in and i had a great trip there recently. if i am still here on the 4th though we should take SBK to 808 (if she's here)!

Oh, you thought I was looking for a date? :D

No way Jose. :D

Ok summin more exciting, go Bang Na trad highway around 12 12:30 at night and join the car race.

Lot of ferrari, lambo porche and stuff racing eachother.

Good for adrenaline rush! :o

:D

Well you haven't give us a few cluess as what you usally do or did on Saturday evenings.

Do you like being with a group of people?

Do you like having a few drinks in a place where the music is so loud you need a megaphone to talk with eachother?

Do you like dancing and if so what kind of dancing?

Do you like arts, what kind of?

Come on give us a few hints.

Did you read my OP?

Ok, how about start with a few drinks where I can talk with my friend and then go someplace where the music is so loud I need a megaphone so I can go dancing? :o

Yes I did read your OP but got a bit confused.

Indie music, dancing......loud music, hmmmmmmm....................

I think I have the perfect solution.

Why not go to some Lotus at around 18:00 and join the aerobic class outside, just ten THB.

Have many people, music is very loud, you can bring friends and after finish you have a bite and a drink in one of the resstaurants.

Cool idea right?

And it is something different as well.

na na na?