Chiang Mai - Adams Apple Re-opening

scorecard

I LOVE THE NEW ADAMS APPLE

It is what Chiang Mai needed.

I am so sick of sleaze and the trash that complain of a good thing. Jealous I guess?

Who said a GoGo has to be Dirty and Trashy, This Bar is all Class. Very Hi-So

I talked to other guests and they had the same opinion as me. LOVED IT.

Not so dark, The service was excellent, The boys are great,The show was very professional, The drink prices better then the other GoGo clubs, and a Large selection at that, The restrooms clean, The sound and lighting were amazing not to little not to much. Thumbs Up to the new owners :)

I will be back, Let the sleezy stay away, It is really a shame that one or two losers can put down a good thing.

After the show I went to Metro Bar downstairs Very Classy With a huge selection of cocktails.

The Decor for both clubs are amazing very well done.

I am moving to Chiang Mai in November and Adams and Metro is where I will go Time and time again.

Let the trash losers go somewhere else.

Newbie pops up and trashes someone's business on his first post. Nice! Wonder what the hidden agenda is? :D

Perhaps he'll be back next week to tell us how wonderful the New Power Boys at the Lavender Lanna Hotel is after the Grand Opening on Monday. Or maybe not given he seems to have intimate knowledge of the night bazzar (Nuff said about that). Or perhaps the jealous Farang shadow owner of another much less salubrious gay bar that didn't make it? Who knows........ :)

Ding Ding....... (Sound of penny dropping).............. or maybe a recently banned poster who used to use the same type face, and threw personal attacks at anyone who didn't share his enthusiasm for how fabulous it is down at the old Night Bazzar..........

Though on second thoughts I though he'd said he was never going to post on TV again :)

Edited by Paagai

Ding Ding....... (Sound of penny dropping).............. or maybe a recently banned poster who used to use the same type face, and threw personal attacks at anyone who didn't share his enthusiasm for how fabulous it is down at the old Night Bazzar..........

Though on second thoughts I though he'd said he was never going to post on TV again :)

I don't know who you are referring to. I only can say that it seems to me that an honest exchange of opinons is not appreciated here. No valid arguments are giving, insinuations must do the job. Up to you, if that makes you feel happy. I have no talents for singing along with the masses. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

To enlighten you. I do not live in the city of Chiang Mai but 25 kilometers outside and rarely go out in the city. The gay scene there I know - as I used to live before in the city for several years - but I personally find it not that great. That definately includes the Night Bazaar, alright for a quick drink, but not really my scene and it never was or will be I am afraid. May be my present age has reduced my interest in places like that. Who knows?

I never wrote before on this forum simply because I did not know of its existance. Someone pointed it out to me with reference to the article on Adam's Apple and asked what I thought. As I had not been there myself I combined some shopping needs - a 7Eleven is the biggest store they got here - with a visit there later. I gave here my personal impressions of the place, that's all. I see no need to change them and if other people feel different about this new place than that is again up to them, it is not of my concern and I could not care less. It is free world we live in or not?

I doubt if I will soon go and visit the Lanna Power Boys. May be I will, who knows? So far it is not open yet and can't be judged. I do not have an invitation for the opening, in other words I do not know the owners and I have no reason whatsoever to promote this place as suggested. We'll find out what it is all about one day I guess. To avoid any misunderstanding I am not for sale, I cannot be bought to promote a place against my will. When I feel it is good I say so, when I feel otherwise I say so too, but I always give the reasons why! So please mind your words in future before you accuse me again like you did!

Good day!

Edited by Caesare

Caesare:

The owner is from the USA, does that explain the popcorn and the weird ideas about a tasteful designed interior ... or am I too European minded and do I see it all wrong? Must gay Thailand become USA-orientated? I for me sincerely hope Thailand stays Asian in attitude and looks!

I can think of many things to criticize about the USA, but POPCORN ain't one of them. If you don't fancy the free POPCORN, then don't eat it. It sounds like a nice gesture. And, pleeeezeeee, don't suggest that a-go go bars catering to foreign tourists are part of traditional Thai culture no matter how "Asian" the decor or party snacks! What are you looking for? Egg rolls? Oy!

post-37101-1254468027.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

So please mind your words in future before you accuse me again like you did!

I didn't accuse you of anything, I was merely expressing my curiosity as to the motives of a first time poster for so comprehensively trashing the place.

Anyway, I think most people can draw their own conclusions from your reply........... :)

I can think of many things to criticize about the USA, but POPCORN ain't one of them. If you don't fancy the free POPCORN, then don't eat it. It sounds like a nice gesture. And, pleeeezeeee, don't suggest that a-go go bars catering to foreign tourists are part of traditional Thai culture no matter how "Asian" the decor or party snacks! What are you looking for? Egg rolls? Oy!

I just found the popcorn a bit out of place. Sure I know that this kind of places are not typical Thai or Asian or intended in the first place for locals, but I personally would prefer a more Asian or Thai atmosphere which the place totally lacks.

No way has this Adam's Apple anything to do with the old one, except it got the same name and it is located on the same spot. That is all.

At the entrance you are told – not asked – to pay 200- baht entrance fee which include one drink. I don't know if 200 baht is the price for a drink there as I did not bother to take a second one.

Not quite true, definitely different owner now, but the previous owner, Mohammed was responsible for the design and remoddeling. And the guy on the door who told you to pay, you don't remember him from the old place?
Inside it is so dark that a waiter or whatever you want to call that – a host? – has to take you to a seat using a little lamp
From what I saw the lights vary according to the current show taking place, or did you expect them to interrupt the current piece of "live erotic art" :D so they could turn up the lights and show you to a seat? The place seemed to have a large lighting system, I'm sure they can turn them up if they want to but I guess different people have different opinions.
The guy in question was a boy that could be found hanging around the Night Bazaar a week before like many others in the new Adam's Apple! No they were not very choosy at all when picking the staff!
I don't think so! Whilst there may be a couple of guys there who've hung round the Night Bazzar before, many of the guys at Adams are Shan from the Chang Puek gang. It's well known that if they meet up with the Akha and Lisu kids from the night bazzar fisticuffs will follow...... They DON'T mix :)

Yeah, not too picky though..... they've even got one there who used to work at Doi Boy :D

Dancing or go go dancing was a thing that they like most guys in this profession in Chiang Mai (maybe everywhere in Thailand) don't know very well. This slow uninterested moving on the small catwalk becomes very boring in a very short time. The shows are same same as everywhere else: boring, boring, boring! Not worth a visit!.............{snip}..........New My Way for example is nowadays a 1.000 times better than this pretentious new Adam's Apple.
Aren't you contradicting yourself here? In another post you requested posters to be objective. So why is My Way 1000 times better? They have 1000 more guys there? The place is 1000 times bigger? The drinks 1000 times cheaper? The lady boys frocks 1000 times dirtier? The "sliced bread"is 1000 times better? Come on, be objective!

Ironically my main complaint about New My Way is it's too dark! That and the low ceiling means the spot lights are always shining right in your face so you can't see anything!

Poor old Caesare, fancy daring to post here a personal opinion that is not in keeping with the "great and the good"!

I do know what you meant by your comments, I too enjoyed the old Adam's (my current b/f once danced at Adam's for a short while - long before I met him - and through him I met and liked Mohammed). Perhaps "sleazy" was a little too strong a word, but there used to be something just a little bit naughty about enjoying a night out at the gay venues of yesteryear!

Haven't been to the new Adam's or Metro, but your impression of them reinforces my guess that they would be pretentious, hi-so arty-farty places that would leave ME cold. Those that like that scene are welcome to go there, and I wish the owners well for the future. I'm not condemning the place, just saying, as Caesare did, that it really doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

In the spirit of the forum rules, may I remind our participants that spamming in support of businesses is not permitted on the forum, nor are vendettas against specific businesses (or any other inflammatory behaviour). I think that covers both those who might be suspected of unduly supporting or attacking anyone's businesses- if your participation on Thaivisa only shows a repeated trend towards either behaviour, it will be cut relatively short.

Secondly, I should remind our participants that although the existence of prostitution is (and that only recently) not a forbidden topic, specifics of access, cost, etc., are not permitted topics and you can be sure that attempts to move towards any explicit comparative discussion of such matters will be curtailed. Very specifically, we do not expect to see back-and-forth arguments over 'which bar's [young men] are better,' etc. There are other forums for that kind of talk.

I hope I have made myself understood clearly here.

I rarely put a reply to posts on here but I could not let this one go without my comment.

Caesare I think you are a whinging old queen who should relocate to Pattaya to be with the bunch of sleazy old boys who hang out there.

We need places like Adams Apple & Lavender Lanna to be successful in Chiang Mai so places like the filthy Peak and Night Bazaar areas with the young boys go out of business.

New My Way is old and tired and stinks the drinks are the same price as Adams Apple and the guys are far from attractive although I guess it depends on your taste.

If we dont support people who are trying to make Chiang Mai a bit more upmarket and bring in more people as tourists then its a very poor reflection on the gay community of Chiang Mai