Agoda.com

samuiseagull

Having used the trusted hotel booking websites such as AsiaRooms and Sawadee.com I have recently been drawn into very good rates on the Agoda website. However, having looked at some reviews on Trip Advisor.com there are a few problems encountered by some users.

What are your general views on Agoda and do they charge the same price that is being offered on their website?? It seems that some complaints have arisen where differing prices are being billed as to what is being shown.

Any views appreciated.

Cheers.

All you have to do the reservation process (before you pay for it) and see for yourself. They do not include tax/fees in their listing until after you enter the reservation process. Price usually come up to same or more than other sites then. As almost all other sites quote you the full price upfront it is rather upsetting.

Some visiting family booked a Koh Samui hotel through agoda in February. The booking was confirmed by agoda the following day. On arrival at the booked hotel they were told it was fully booked and a different hotel offered.

They weren’t pleased at the offered alternative and asked for a refund. After insisting on a refund they were eventually told it would take 5 days for the refund which did arrive. As they were traveling on a budget this delay in refund did cause problems and they had to adjust their travel plans. It put them off booking through agoda in the future.

I use agoda alot. You need to start the booking process to see the exact price but if that seems ok the rest is easy. I have booked hotels through agoda in Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, India, Bali, KL, and Japan without a hitch.

Used to use them very regularly and never a problem - still do for new places and peak periods - both as Precision Reservations previously and now Agoda. A few years back I booked a couple of weeks with them but changed my plans a week in. Planned on sorting out a refund when I got home but discovered that they had already done it. I have always found the details on their website more comprehensive than some of the others out there.

Used to use them very regularly and never a problem - still do for new places and peak periods - both as Precision Reservations previously and now Agoda. A few years back I booked a couple of weeks with them but changed my plans a week in. Planned on sorting out a refund when I got home but discovered that they had already done it. I have always found the details on their website more comprehensive than some of the others out there.

Beware when booking a Hotel with AGODA.

On the 27th of February we booked a 2 night stay at the Royal Asia Lodge Hotel Soi 8 , Sukhumvit Bangkok for the 2nd & 3rd March. The write up from AGODA about the Royal Asia Lodge impressed us but what a disappointment we had. Firstly, the hotel was about 1 kilometre form Sukomvit Road; we were not told about this.

To add to this the safe was broken, air con blew out hot air, room filthy & food disgusting, we actually walked out of the restaurant again disgusted and went to check out.

After the breakfast carry on (morning of the second day) we moved to another hotel for the remaining nights until my wife’s Visa was ready. Before leaving The Royal Asia Lodge Hotel we asked the hotel for a refund as we had paid for the 2nd night and we were told to contact AGODA for the refund. We have been fighting this for 1 month now & AGODA keep telling us that they are investigating the case.

It’s not a lot of money, (in fact they can now stuff it up their rectums). It’s the principle of the matter which is annoying us. The purpose of this post is to warn others about AGODA and the Royal Asia Lodge Hotel.

No doubt some of you have used AGODA and the Royal Asia Lodge Hotel and have been satisfied. My wife and I will never ever use the services of these seething lying horrible cheating BASKETS again.

We were coned.

Don’t let it happen to you.

Now I’ve vented my anger I’m away for a beer.

Wee Jimmy.

bla bla bla bla bla bla

Mate, you have to your research more than just reading the description on the website. Every hotel either gives nice sounding descriptions to the websites or the websites write them themselves. This is hotel online booking 101. Go to a site like tripadvisor and see what actual people wrote about the hotel. Or, many hotel booking sites have traveler reviews of hotels as well. You will see wonderful reviews of 2 star hotels if you read the promotional description on the website. They are in the business of selling hotels no matter how crappy the hotel may be. The fault was not Agoda's that the hotel was crappy, but yours for not doing your research. Do you really think they're going to say, "This is a crappy hotel, please stay here." No. You have to find out if it's a good hotel or not, for goodness' sakes. It's just like any advertising. The advertisement may be nice but that's their job, to sell. You have to find out other ways to know if it's worth buying or not.

All you have to do the reservation process (before you pay for it) and see for yourself. They do not include tax/fees in their listing until after you enter the reservation process. Price usually come up to same or more than other sites then. As almost all other sites quote you the full price upfront it is rather upsetting.

Agreed. Agoda's method of displaying prices is rather disingenuous. I avoid booking with them for that reason alone.

Beware of using hotelsthailand dot com

made a booking one time and the site did not confirm.................48 hours later cancelled the booking as i still had no confirmation and went with another site

One week later hotelsthailand were demanding their money

lousy site and lousy service

On the 27th of February we booked a 2 night stay at the Royal Asia Lodge Hotel Soi 8 , Sukhumvit Bangkok for the 2nd & 3rd March. The write up from AGODA about the Royal Asia Lodge impressed us but what a disappointment we had. Firstly, the hotel was about 1 kilometre form Sukomvit Road; we were not told about this.

To add to this the safe was broken, air con blew out hot air, room filthy & food disgusting, we actually walked out of the restaurant again disgusted and went to check out.

After the breakfast carry on (morning of the second day) we moved to another hotel for the remaining nights until my wife’s Visa was ready. Before leaving The Royal Asia Lodge Hotel we asked the hotel for a refund as we had paid for the 2nd night and we were told to contact AGODA for the refund. We have been fighting this for 1 month now & AGODA keep telling us that they are investigating the case.

It’s not a lot of money, (in fact they can now stuff it up their rectums). It’s the principle of the matter which is annoying us. The purpose of this post is to warn others about AGODA and the Royal Asia Lodge Hotel.

No doubt some of you have used AGODA and the Royal Asia Lodge Hotel and have been satisfied. My wife and I will never ever use the services of these seething lying horrible cheating BASKETS again.

We were coned.

Don’t let it happen to you.

Now I’ve vented my anger I’m away for a beer.

Wee Jimmy.

I have been using AGODA for sometimes now and never had any problems. I always read the reivews before I confirm my bookings. All reviews states the pros and cons of the hotel.

I've had zero problems with Agoda. They aren't really any cheaper than other services.

But they do give points. So if used enough, that can knock something off the total paid. They give points for amount spent and also a little for writing reviews after stays. Because of the points I favor Agoda.

I've canceled reservations twice and been refunded very promptly both times.

I used Agoda.com for my last 4 week trip throughout Thailand, to the following locations:

- Bangkok (right near airport for 1 night)

- AO Nang

- Krabi

- Chaing Rai

- Chaing Mai

- Bangkok (Sukumvhit)

All i can say is that I had excellent service. We didnt use 'cheap' hotels, we stayed in 4 star plus hotels, that were at 2 star prices (off season). Every hotel we stayed in had our booking available, knew the exact process and we never waited longer then 5 minutes before we were shown to our room.

As has been previously said, read more then one review of a hotel, TripAdvisor.com is good as you get some reviews, but i also used sawadee and asiarooms before i made any bookings. I preferred Agoda over the others as their site is professional, they have a 24 hour contact number and live chat which always answered my questions, and everything they advised of was 100% correct!

Do your research, have a look around, but I would use Agoda.com again without hesitation...

Now, just to figure out how i can move to Pai....

ThaKIng

Having used the trusted hotel booking websites such as AsiaRooms and Sawadee.com I have recently been drawn into very good rates on the Agoda website. However, having looked at some reviews on Trip Advisor.com there are a few problems encountered by some users.

What are your general views on Agoda and do they charge the same price that is being offered on their website?? It seems that some complaints have arisen where differing prices are being billed as to what is being shown.

Any views appreciated.

Cheers.

I have booked many hotel rooms with Agoda, never had a problem, I had so many resrvations with them I have enouge points for a free stay at any hotel next time i go to Thailand,

I would never dream of using anyone else,for my hotel needs.