My Girlfriend's A Nightmare On Holiday

Asianrider

Last week spent a couple of nights at Maneechan Resort on the outskirts of Chanthaburi, a couple of hours from Pattaya. Every morning I went into the bathroom and all the toiletries have been stripped out, EVERYTHING. When interrogated why, stock reponse "I give to my family". Is this normal ? Are thai's hoarders ? kleptomaniac's ? On the last morning I put my foot down otherwise the earthenware ashtray would have gone walkabout as well.

When I first saw the Topic I thought it was something serious! :o

My suggestion: Next time let her keep the items that are "free" i.e. soap, toothbrush, shower cap, sewing kit. These items are already factored into the Hotel room's price. If she is taking anything beyond this, show her the Hotel Room Price List. This list shows the prices of non-complimentary items the guest will be billed for. i.e. towels, umbrella, hair dryer, iron so she will understand it is stealing with these items.

My Thai Mrs. always leaves a few dollars tip too for the maid against my wishes. You can do this if it makes you feel Less guilty.

Edited by Rathai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the tiny toiletries are there to be used or taken away along with the tiny sewing kits or disposable slippers. But if you take the towels it is stealing for sure and I have never done it.

I notice now in the UK and in some Thai hotels they ask for your credit card when checking-in as guarantee, why don't they just bill guests later for missing towels, remotes, kettles, DVD players etc. ?

last week had a liason with a young lady who was quite disappointed afterwards i only had shower gel and not some quality hair shampoo. Being follically challenged myself i'm going to have to start helping myself to some hotel shampoo :o-

Ha ha, I was pondering that as well.

Whenever I stay in hotels away from Thailand (work) then I always pack the sewing kits and shower caps for the Mrs, the shower caps she appreciates but the little sewing kits pile up in a bathroom drawer, i'm trying to get her to start using them and mend some holes in things - ha ha, not working yet!!