New Invention - Angel Light Sees Through Walls!

Tornado

Not Thailand related but ....

angel10a.JPG

Troy Hurtubise has done the seemingly impossible with his newest invention and defied all known rules of physics, he says.

The Angel Light—Hurtubise claims the concept came to him in a recurring dream—can reportedly see through walls, as if there was no barrier at all.

That’s not all, though.

So impressed

Hurtubise, 41, said the device detects stealth technology.

And he’s done the tests to prove it, with the covert help of scientists at the famed Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Hurtubise said.

If that’s not enough, Hurtubise also said the French government sent representatives to North Bay to witness a demonstration of the Angel Light.

Hurtubise said the reps were so impressed with the eight-foot long device they paid him $40,000 in cash to put the finishing touches on it.

New universe

The French, Hurtubise adds, have also agreed to pay him a “substantial” amount of money for the technology if it passes rigorous tests in France.

“They couldn’t believe what they saw,” Hurtubise told BayToday.ca.

“One of them told me it was as if I’d discovered a new universe.”

Gary Dryfoos, a consultant and former long-time instructor at MIT, said "there's a Nobel Prize" for Hurtubise if the Angel Light really performs as described.

"There are laws of physics waiting to be written for what he's talking about," Dryfoos said.

The French aren't the only ones interested in Hurtubise's innovations.

BayToday.ca has obtained documentation confirming that the former head of Saudi counter-intelligence, who asked that his name not be used, has been in regular contact with Hurtubise regarding the Angel Light, fire paste, and the Light Infantry Military Blast Cushions (LIMBC).

Ultra-wideband technology

While Hurtubise’s claims appear, on the surface, to strain credulity, he has now placed himself miles ahead in the quest by high-tech companies to invent something that will do the same thing.

Motorola Inc. for example, has set its sights on emerging technology that could allow first responders and Special Forces to see through building walls, the Washington Technology Web site reports.

Camero Inc. an Israeli firm founded by technology and intelligence veterans, received $5 million from Motorola and other investors to develop portable imaging radar that uses ultra-wideband technology to create a 3-D picture of objects that are concealed by walls or other barriers.

Plasma light

Three units make up the Angel Light.

The main unit, which Hurtubise calls the centrifuge, contains the Angel Light’s brains and includes black, white, red and fluorescent light sources, as well as seven industrial lasers.

The second unit, or the deflector grid, contains a large circle of optical glass, a microwave unit and plasma intermixed with carbon dioxide.

The third unit contains eight plasma light rods, CO2 charges, industrial magnets, 108 mirrors, eight ionization cells industrial lights, and other components Hurtubise chooses to remain tight-lipped about.

Just a dream

Hurtubise said the Angel Light has cost $30,000 to build—he sold percentages of his other innovations to finance it—as well as 800 to 900 hours of his time.

He credits his subconscious with the idea.

“I had a dream about a year and a half ago as I do for most of my innovations, just a dream, and I saw it, saw the whole casing and everything, and I saw what it could do,” Hurtubise said.

“I had the same dream about that three times and by the third time I had it in my head and I started to build it.”

Through the wall

Troy dreamed the Angel Light would be able to see through walls with window-like efficiency, and then built it with no blueprints, drawings or schematics.

“I turned it on—that was well over a year ago—and it worked and it was really awesome.”

Hurtubise said he could see into the garage behind his lab wall, and read the licence plate on his wife's car and even see the salt on it.

"I almost broke my knuckles three or four times, because it was almost like you could step through the wall," Hurtubise said.

"You could be fooled into believing that you could actually walk through the wall and go touch the car."

Across the border

Hurtubise called his MIT contacts with news of what he’d done.

“They told me that I was playing with electromagnetism,” Hurtubise said.

The conversation ultimately led to the discovery of the Angel Light’s other startling properties.

Hurtubise said “somebody from MIT” shipped him an eight-inch by eight-inch piece of panelling from the latest Comanche helicopter, which was built using radar-resistant stealth technology.

“It’s amazing what you can get across the border on a Greyhound bus,” Hurtubise said.

Pick it up

Hurtubise was instructed to set up an outdoor track, which he did on First Nations land.

He attached the panel piece to a remote control car that went down the track.

Hurtubise then aimed the Angel Light at the panel and turned on a radar gun.

“I was able to pick it up the panel on the radar gun,” he said.

Stopped working

But a strange thing happened to the car, once it was hit by the Angel Light beam: it stopped working.

Hurtubise returned to his lab and began testing the Angel Light on other electronic items including portable radios, TVs and a microwave over.

“They all stopped working,” Hurtubise said.

He duly reported this to his MIT contacts.

"They said 'Troy, this is unbelievable.'"

To the ground

Hurtubise purchase a remote-control plane for $1,800 and took it and the Angel Light to a flying field on the way to Powassan.

He directed the Angel Light beam toward the sky and started the plane flying.

"On the first loop it came around, passed through the beam of light and fell right to the ground,” Hurtubise said.

Peeled it back

Hurtubise continued testing the light on other materials and discovered it could also see through other metals including steel, tin, titanium and, unlike Superman, lead.

As well the beam also penetrated ceramic and wood.

The Hurtubise put his hand in the light beam.

“I could see my blood vessels, muscles, everything, like I’d taken an Exacto knife, cut into my skin and peeled it back,” Hurtubise said.

Bad stuff

Soon after, Hurtubise discovered the Angel Light had devilish side-effects.

He lost feeling in the finger of the exposed hand and began suffering an overall malaise.

“MIT told me every time I turned it on there must have splash-back hitting me,” Hurtubise said.

A test on a tank of goldfish was even more disturbing.

“I turned the beam on it and within minutes all the goldfish died,” Hurtubise said.

“That’s when I realized there was a Hyde effect, as in Jekyll and Hyde, and I dismantled the whole thing.”

Walked on water

He didn’t reassemble it until the French called him after seeing a Discovery Channel program about the LIMBC.

Hurtubise believes the Hyde effect can be taken out, but by others who have far more expertise than him.

In the meantime Hurtubise believes that after 17 years inventing, his ship may finally have come in with France.

"My brother told me the only way I'd be able to sell any of my innovations is by walking on water," Hurtubise said.

"Well, I think I've just walked on water."

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657

Edited by Tornado

Ahem, starting to look a bit fishy...

Troy Hurtubise says he doesn’t feel the heat, even with a 2000° C blowtorch flame blazing at his head.

The North Bay inventor has developed a physics-defying substance called fire paste, which he claims eliminates the cross-transfer of heat and prevents anything coated in the substance from burning up.

Not only does the paste stop heat from getting through, it cools to the touch within 20 seconds of the fire source being removed.

When dry, the paste is non-toxic four times lighter than aluminum, more heat resistant than titanium, and costs only pennies to make, Hurtubise said.

Don’t take his word for it though, because proof is available on national television.

"I should be dead by now"

Known as ‘the bear guy’ because of the Ursus bear suits he also invented, Hurtubise demonstrated the heat resistant properties of fire paste on a segment produced by and aired Sept. 2 on the Discovery Channel program Daily Planet.

In the spot, Hurtubise puts on a hockey helmet covered with a thin layer of cured fire paste and then chats casually while the live torch is held against his noggin.

“The scientists say I should be dead by now,” Hurtubise says at one point.

There’s no trickery involved, Hurtubise said, because the Discovery Channel controlled the entire sequence, even bringing the torches to North Bay in August to film the piece.

“The producer told me it was the most amazing thing he’d ever seen, that I could sit there for 10 minutes without getting my brain fried,” Hurtubise, 39, said.

Made with household ingredients

Hurtubise provided baytoday.ca with a demonstration, holding a hardened fire paste tile in his hand, while waving a blowtorch to and fro over it. He then took the tile and placed it against his face.

“Didn’t feel a thing, in fact you can touch it and see it’s cool to the touch,” Hurtubise said.

“It dissipates heat at an exponential rate, it’s beyond belief, and I have no idea why it does, all I know is that it does.”

Fire paste, Hurtubise said, is biodegradable and made with common ingredients.

“If you knew what it was made out of you’d laugh your head off for a year,” Hurtubise said during an interview in his home lab.

And the ingredients are cheap too.

Two major markets

“I can buy a 45-gallon drum of one of the main ingredients,” Hurtubise said, “for five bucks.”

Hurtubise sees two major markets for fire paste, the formula for which is locked in a safe somewhere in the United States, he said.

“I could coat the belly of the NASA space shuttle with fire paste for $25,000 (US), instead of the $60 million it costs for them to put tiles on it,” Hurtubise said.

“It can stand up to the heat of re-entry to the earth’s atmosphere, and then they can simply wash it off.”

In fact it was just three months after the space shuttle Columbia explosion that Hurtubise perfected fire paste.

Fire insurance industry interested

He said it took him 17 years of work "and 3,600 pours of the stuff," before finding the right combination.

The fire insurance industry is also interested, Hurtubise said, and has asked him to demonstrate.

He’s going to build two small-scale houses, coat one with fire paste and leave the other as is. Then they’re both going to be set on fire. When the fire paste is sprayed off, Hurtubise said, the house will be there intact.

“It will save the insurance industry billions,” Hurtubise said.

He adds that fire paste can handle such high temperatures, that had the steel skeleton holding up the World Trade Towers been sprayed with it, the buildings wouldn’t have imploded after being hit by two airliners Sept. 11.

Fire Paste and Bear Suits

Hey, I remember this guy. He's a Canadian from North Bay in northern Ontario.

The thing that looks like a space suit next to him (pic at top) is able to withstand attacks from grizzly bears.

troy.jpeg

Before trying the suit against grizzlies, he tested the suit by getting hit by a truck coming at him at 30 mph, a huge log being swung from a tree and hitting him in the chest, a friend whacking the s*** out of him with a baseball bat, etc. Not a scratch, he walked away every time.

You could dare to insult a few muay thai boxers wearing one of those on a drinking binge.

It was a good laugh to read, though. If this were true, MIT and other "serious" scientists would be all over it. The "secret" angle is so that he doesn't have to give the real names of actual scientists willing to risk their careers endorsing him- 'cause there are none. The whole thing is spun from lies. The thing in the picture *might* really be ONE laser- oooh, high tech.

"Steven"

None of this has hit any of the national media over here. This guy is a known nut and I wouldn't take him too seriously. (Hurtubise, not tornado :o )

What kind of nut would build a suit to wrestle a grizzly anyway?

cv

why doesn't the guy use his time and talent to invent something useful , like x ray specs for seeing through ladies clothes  :D  :D

Sony mistakenly invented a camcorder lens that could see through clothes a few years back.

Only a few camcorder with x-ray lens were sold in Thailand before getting taken off the shelves. Some stupid law about 'Invasion of Privacy' or something was mentioned. :o

why doesn't the guy use his time and talent to invent something useful , like x ray specs for seeing through ladies clothes  :D  :D

Sony mistakenly invented a camcorder lens that could see through clothes a few years back.

Only a few camcorder with x-ray lens were sold in Thailand before getting taken off the shelves. Some stupid law about 'Invasion of Privacy' or something was mentioned. :o

You can convert them for Infrared use in daylight for about $100- usd. Of course the application would be best suited for investigating thermal pollution, ocean currents etc etc.

I like this bit about him though

Soon after, Hurtubise discovered the Angel Light had devilish side-effects.

He lost feeling in the finger of the exposed hand and began suffering an overall malaise.

“MIT told me every time I turned it on there must have been splash-back hitting me,” Hurtubise said.

A test on a tank of goldfish was even more disturbing.

“I turned the beam on it and within minutes all the goldfish died,” Hurtubise said.

“That’s when I realized there was a Hyde effect, as in Jekyll and Hyde, and I dismantled the whole thing.”

This is article is a hoax, although the guy does exist. He is a sort of comedic inventor, if you will.

I don't recognize the name of the MIT "consultant" Gary Dryfoos, but even the most entry level lecturers or researchers are not called "consultants". It could be someone that is shielding his identity, but then it would be because the article is a joke. No scientist or academic in their right mind would shield their identity in a serious article about groundbreaking technology.

And if anyone is talking to him at the Institute as he describes, it's probably as a mild form of entertainment, based on the statements he quotes. He was also one of the recipients of MIT's igNoble awards, which recognizes crackpot inventions or research that is completely bonkers.

www.googlism.com

troy hurtubise is a man with a mission

troy hurtubise is the oddly interesting man he is today because he was attacked by a grizzly bear in 1984

troy hurtubise is alive and well

troy hurtubise is more than a little crazy

troy hurtubise is a hoser

troy hurtubise is technically native american

troy hurtubise is truely a hero

troy hurtubise is in north bay

troy hurtubise is my hero last week

troy hurtubise is compelled to

troy hurtubise is a canadian man who

troy hurtubise is someone who likes to be out in nature

troy hurtubise is obsessed with grizzly bears and nothing makes him happier than to be facing one down

troy hurtubise is still at it

troy hurtubise is a man on a mission

troy hurtubise is larger than life in bear pursuit in "project grizzly

troy hurtubise is keeping a pretty tight lid on his latest

troy hurtubise is getting ready for a face

troy hurtubise is a conservationist

troy hurtubise is a

troy hurtubise is a muanyagot

troy hurtubise is crazy about grizzly bears

troy hurtubise is still developing his anti

troy hurtubise is finally going

you might be able to see through his ears :D:D:o

• 4 weeks later...
I know of an invention that allows you to see through walls - it is called a "window".  Been trying to get a patent on it for ages - I get thrown out of the door everytime I go to the patent office.

:D

I'm surprized they don't throw you out of the window, just to press the point! :o