10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re. Chamlong - why would anyone dismiss his very public life as Bangkok Governor, leader of Phalang Dharma party, and leader of Santi Asoke sect, and instead define the man by actions thirty years ago no one remembers anymore?

From what I know, our government at least 10 years ago did not approve that Santi Asoke.

Ask any monk and see how they say.

Actually it's the other way round.

Sani Asoke doesn't approve of the majority of monks

as not being true to Budhisim.

But blames the leadership not the individuals.

Court decided that the thing Chamlong practices is not allowed to be called a religion in Thailand.

'A' court decided.

Which just might be making his point for him..

The entrenchment of the 'official' version into government and politics.

but I think the man has a genuine concern for the poor and humanity

I think so too. :o

Chamlong eats once a day only.

He let poor people have free foods and drinks in Government House more than 100 days and 8 days in 2 airports.

Humanity? I only know that under Chamlong's leadership, yellow protestors carried bombs and weapons to attack police on 7 Oct last year in front of Parliament House. 60 police were injured. Some yellows lost arms and legs. Some died.

The man who handled the car bomb did not remember that as soon as he put the sim inside mobile phone, the bomb worked and killed him instantly. He walked out from the car but forgot the mobile phone inside. He went back to take the phone, put the sim in, and this is what happened:

PICT0407-1.jpg

UDD won't appeal order by Civil Court

The UDD has decided against appealing a Civil Court order to lift its blockade of two entrances at Government House. The anti-government protesters earlier said they would appeal the order yesterday.

The Civil Court ordered protesters who seized the area outside Government House to remove obstacles on Luk Luang road, from Thewakam intersection to Chamai Maruchet bridge, and reopen gates six and eight at Government House so officials could go to work.

United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship lawyer Karom Poltaklang yesterday said the order had not weakened the rally.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1444...-by-civil-court

Officail members of the Sangha have a special legal status in Thailand, when Santi Asoke was excluded, they lost those rights, but that didn't make them non-religion or non-buddhists.

I think they can't collect alms like "real" monks, and they can't shave their eyebrows. On the other hand they can apply for passports and travel in and out of the country without asking for a special permission from Buddhist authorities.

There is a law?

May I allowed to shave my eyebrows?

Interesting artical in the Nation here:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/03...cs_30099587.php

Apparently Thaksin has said he is willing to talk to Suthep and Abhisit has said the government are willing to talk. This seems a better option than violence although the devil will be in the details no doubt. I am sure Thaksin would savour having Suthep come to him in some neutral place. Thaksin's speech tonight will be interesting. Will he raise the stakes or sound statesman like?

There will no doubt be lots of nervous glances at Suthep from the extreme yellows as they have never regarded Suthep as one of their own. A self serving deal between Thaksin and the Dems is also almost unstoppable by parliamentary means although thrashing one out will be difficult.

We should know more on whether this is becoming a possibility or it will just be torpedoed after the speech tonight

Not wise to make an enemy of the Privy council :o

You are wrong. We have no issue with Privy Council. We have a big problem with Prem only.

Seems the Privy council has an issue with Thaksin tho :D

I think so too. :o

Chamlong eats once a day only.

He let poor people have free foods and drinks in Government House more than 100 days and 8 days in 2 airports.

Humanity? I only know that under Chamlong's leadership, yellow protestors carried bombs and weapons to attack police on 7 Oct last year in front of Parliament House. 60 police were injured. Some yellows lost arms and legs. Some died.

The man who handled the car bomb did not remember that as soon as he put the sim inside mobile phone, the bomb worked and killed him instantly. He walked out from the car but forgot the mobile phone inside. He went back to take the phone, put the sim in, and this is what happened:

Whow, you sure eat up that Red Propaganda Rubbish, don't you? I forgot who said it..."If you tell a lie, make it a big one, so there is more of a chance, that some people will believe you." Whoever said it, was definitely right.

I cannot believe people believing some of this outragous false propaganda, after thousands of people where actually there and took pictures, movies, etc.

You are really stretching it, trying to say that PPP government and Red crackdown violence was really caused by the PAD and not by your beloved sweet innocent Red and the corrupt government, they were trying to protect.

Anyways, somebody said it the other day...Thaksin has entertainment value, I guess so do you, in a sick sort of way ;-)

Edited by kurtgruen

Officail members of the Sangha have a special legal status in Thailand, when Santi Asoke was excluded, they lost those rights, but that didn't make them non-religion or non-buddhists.

I think they can't collect alms like "real" monks, and they can't shave their eyebrows. On the other hand they can apply for passports and travel in and out of the country without asking for a special permission from Buddhist authorities.

There is a law?

May I allowed to shave my eyebrows?

Yeah, there's a low on that, and also on wearing orange robes. The idea is that impersonating "real" monks is a punsihable offence.

Santi Asoke laymen are dressed in blue and their monks where brown robes, afaik.

Not wise to make an enemy of the Privy council :D

You are wrong. We have no issue with Privy Council. We have a big problem with Prem only.

ONLY Prem, eh??? :D:o

Are you guys putting out so much dis-information that you can't keep it straight from one week to the next? :D

In his speech yesterday, Thaksin accused Privy Councillor General Surayut Chulanon of leading the plan against him. Also involved in planning his ouster, according to Thaksin, were < list snipped >, and Privy Councillor Chanchai Likitchitta.

Thaksin claimed the group planned to assassinate him with a car bomb and to launch a military coup against him if that failed.

Edited by sriracha john

Apparently Thaksin has said he is willing to talk to Suthep and Abhisit has said the government are willing to talk. This seems a better option than violence although the devil will be in the details no doubt. I am sure Thaksin would savour having Suthep come to him in some neutral place. Thaksin's speech tonight will be interesting. Will he raise the stakes or sound statesman like?

There will no doubt be lots of nervous glances at Suthep from the extreme yellows as they have never regarded Suthep as one of their own. A self serving deal between Thaksin and the Dems is also almost unstoppable by parliamentary means although thrashing one out will be difficult.

We should know more on whether this is becoming a possibility or it will just be torpedoed after the speech tonight

Making a less than honorable deal with Thaksin and his croonies would only draw the PAD back into action and I don't think even the Democrats want to see that happen right now. I think, that right now, they are just stalling, to make sure, that not too many Reds show up on the 8th, for their so-called mass rally.

PPP tried to use the same tactics, when they were in Power. It's a good way to keep the numbers down, at a time, when the Reds really need them. Of course, by saying, that they are willing to talk to Thaksin, Thaksin will be even more of a bad guy, if he refused. They called Thaksin's bluff and things are back to square one.

The Red turnout is pathetic. Last night, I rode my motorbike around Chiang Mai. There where about as many people in red shirts, as there where in yellow shirts (next to none). I even rode by Chang Puak Gate, at the moat, where they have some tents set up. One the way there, there were two people, one dressed in red, on the way back, a few hours later, there were three. Once again, this is supposed to be Thaksins stronghold.

http://notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=755

Let's see how many people complain about this link, it extensively quotes Thitinan, too.

Very funny article - and very accurate... as usual for NotTheNation. So you do know how to include a link in a post........... :o

Stop being so anal about not providing exact url with every quote, use your brains once in a while.

:D

My post was right below* Thaiatheart's link to the article and I assumed members checked it out. And if they didn't, it's not my fault, don't complain about "not being obvious" if you skip on linked articles.

* Untrue.

Whow, you sure eat up that Red Propaganda Rubbish, don't you? I forgot who said it..."If you tell a lie, make it a big one, so there is more of a chance, that some people will believe you." Whoever said it, was definitely right.

I cannot believe people believing some of this outragous false propaganda, after thousands of people where actually there and took pictures, movies, etc.

What is the reason that car was exploded? By police tear gas?

Every tv station in Thailand took photos on 7 Oct and saw what PAD did. Maybe some yellow posters here do not watch tv. Nothing has been done so far to any PAD. Many of them are at top positions with Abhisit government. What does this tell you?

I swear you will say the pickup driver is not PAD

P2.jpg

p3.jpg

Making a less than honorable deal with Thaksin and his croonies would only draw the PAD back into action and I don't think even the Democrats want to see that happen right now. I think, that right now, they are just stalling, to make sure, that not too many Reds show up on the 8th, for their so-called mass rally.

PPP tried to use the same tactics, when they were in Power. It's a good way to keep the numbers down, at a time, when the Reds really need them. Of course, by saying, that they are willing to talk to Thaksin, Thaksin will be even more of a bad guy, if he refused. They called Thaksin's bluff and things are back to square one.

The Red turnout is pathetic.

They plan to far surpass the 300,000 that they have in their present Government House protest.

UDD leaders have said they will have 1,000,000 protesters in Bangkok on April 8th.

Making a less than honorable deal with Thaksin and his croonies would only draw the PAD back into action

If the man who controls all these political games are down, PAD can't be back.

I feel PAD will be lost because they know too many secrets.

Edited by Koo82

More people saw what police did.

Steve, please open page 36 of this thread. I'm now on a different machine, but still Thaiatheart's post is the first, mine second, 836 and 837, I believe.

Or did you get distracted by advertisement? Poor you. Maybe you should buy a gadget or something to keep your mind focused on the thread.

The government is searching desperately for ways to block former premier Thaksin Shinawatra's phone-ins to his supporters, with Information and Communications Technology Minister Ranongrak Suwanchwee in talks with CAT Telecom about cutting off the signal.

Mrs Ranongrak said cutting off the signal had to be done carefully, because it could affect other people also using the same frequency.

She was speaking after attending a special cabinet meeting on Wednesday to discuss ways to deal with the protest rallies by the red-shirt supporters of the pro-Thaksin United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...ksin-appearance

unusual movements by the 2nd Cavalry Division in the Sanam Pao area and the Anti-aircraft Artillery Division in the Kiak Kai area in Bangkok.Mr Prompong claimed the movements were a sign the military was preparing to use force against protesters near Government House.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...-rally-deadline

Edited by Koo82

I forgot to say that this man said so, not me.

4.jpg

Edited by Koo82

4.jpg

Could you identify him please because he looks just like the guy that delivered a pizza to us yesterday on his motorcycle.

The Red turnout is pathetic.

They plan to far surpass the 300,000 that they have in their present Government House protest.

UDD leaders have said they will have 1,000,000 protesters in Bangkok on April 8th.

400 Protesters at the foreign ministry (spelling???)

200 Protesters at King Power

A real peoples movement.....I think Greenpeace could mobilize many more against Japanese Wale hunting.

Maybe Thaksin is paying for 300.000 or 1.000.000?? Methinks true Buddhism, you get back what you did before. Now all his staff is corrupt and all the money he pays goes in some pockets....

Anti-aircraft Artillery Division

Obviosly tanks didn't help. They want to shoot down the satellite now, sparking the WWIII.

Thaksin is broadcasting from the same Chinse satellite that hosts ASTV.

I got told (but I might be wrong) that it is somehow a Dutch-Laos Satellite. So if they can shoot high enough...no problem Laos is not strong....Holland is far away so lets shoot it :o:D

Whats the Cavalry for, any Indian Dengs on the Satelite?

4.jpg

Ahhh, so, because it says "Truth Today" on his shirt (and it is also red), you figured, it must be the truth lol. Now, I understand, Koo, it all makes sense now.

Or maybe it isn't Truth that is written on his shirt, maybe it just says RUT....hmmm....

anyways, you got some of those pictures, of the 300,000, whom your red buddies claim, are at Government house?

Make sure you count them all first, that should keep you busy for a while lol