Retirement Visa Renewal

It is indeed a NEW rule for the Pattaya office as before the recent change there was no money seasoning requirement WHATSOEVER for people doing SUBSEQUENT retirement extensions. But that has indeed changed, and you now must season the money THREE MONTHS for subsequent extensions, TWO MONTHS for the first one, as per the national rules.

It is indeed a NEW rule for the Pattaya office as before the recent change there was no money seasoning requirement WHATSOEVER for people doing SUBSEQUENT retirement extensions. But that has indeed changed, and you now must season the money THREE MONTHS for subsequent extensions, TWO MONTHS for the first one, as per the national rules.

Yes the Pattaya office now seem to be applying the official rules, when in the past they were not.

As foreigners living here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais" know only too well; the different Immigrations offices (scattered throughout this country) interpret, and/or 'read' the rules differently. There is no rhyme or reason, because, hmmm, last time I checked it is still their country so they play by their rules, and being their rules they are free to interpret them as they like.. ...

It is most certainly NOT a 'new' rule; it is just being enforced in Pattaya like Bangkok. 800K or 65,000 baht a month income or a combination of both is actually what it states. Your mileage may vary depending on where you go.

Welcome to the thailand. ..

Please turn out the light when you leave....

• 1 month later...

Can anyone post the latest document requirements for the 800k one year renewal please.

I will be doing my usual run to Nong Khai where in the past i have always been treated fairly.

Last year i didn,t need a medical certificate, is it still the same please.

I appreciate there are several threads ect. but would like the latest news please.

I am due to renew on the 2cnd of June and will be getting my bank letter on the 1st, hopefully to show my qualification period is o.k. re the 3 month period.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance

S. mick

A medical certificate is not required.

Every thing should be the same as before. Bank letter and copies of bank book. Some immigration offices want the bank book to be updated the day you do the application.

Sheff Mick, If you're with the Bangkok Bank, it may be worthwhile calling in the last week of May, and asking about the letter. I was told at my branch that they need 1 weeks notice for the first retirement visa letter, but they did my first retirement renewal the same day. No reason given for this, just passing on what I was told.

Good Luck.

Edited by WeeGB

Thanks for your much appreciated imput, UB and WG,.

I was thrown a little relating to another ongoing thread that mentioned the need for a medical cert., but couldn,t see if it referred to all visa,s or just the marriage one.

I,m with the Kasikorn Bank and usually if i get there early enough i get seen to first thing.

I hope these important observations you have added are helpful to others who are viewing this thread also.

Thanks again

SM

P.S.

As always i am using the one month early option, so this gives me a bit of flexibility should anything delay my renewal for whatever reason.

Edited by sheff_mick

Just received today a copy of a document issued by the Thai consulate in Lyon (France) dated from march 13 th 2009

Sorry it is in french

For retirement visa(first time) they explain you need 800000 B on a thai account if you are 50 years old and 200000 B if you are minimum 60 years old :)

No mention of 2or 3 months during which the money must be on the account before you ask the visa

One friend received recently from a belgian Thai consulate a retirement visa (first time) with 800 000 B on the thai account for some days only.....

Now I am really confused

post-1585-1242651712_thumb.jpg

The age is 50 - there is no more 55 and 60 bands for new retirees. There used to be, about 10 years ago an age 60 requirement and an early age 55 higher requirement. Only those grandfathered are allowed to use that system.

The regulations are contained in police order 777/2551 which you can access from the pinned items at the top of forum (I can not quote as the PDF does not allow copy of text). And money must be in account 60 days prior to first application and 3 months for future applications.

Edited by lopburi3

Just received today a copy of a document issued by the Thai consulate in Lyon (France) dated from march 13 th 2009

Sorry it is in french

For retirement visa(first time) they explain you need 800000 B on a thai account if you are 50 years old and 200000 B if you are minimum 60 years old :)

No mention of 2or 3 months during which the money must be on the account before you ask the visa

One friend received recently from a belgian Thai consulate a retirement visa (first time) with 800 000 B on the thai account for some days only.....

Now I am really confused

The 200,000 is an error. In the rules for an extension it says that will apply if you have been on extensions for a long period of time when you apply for a new extension.

For a non-oa visa at the embassy there is no requirement that it be in the bank for period of time.

From what can I read of the document it says that it for a multiple entry visa because it mentions 90 days at a time.